Do you usually get into heated arguments with other users?

I asked a question the other day about how to get guys to take me more seriously. Particularly older guys. Then someone responded to me in several posts by saying a bunch of nonsense that I'm not attracting older guys because I complain a lot and am "boring". Mind you, this is someone who doesn't know anything about me and thinks that she is mature due to the fact that she is in her late 20's. She's also an avid drug user. I'm just wondering, is it even worth responding to such ignorance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not anymore. I will "debate" ideas and opinions and with some users when the topic really means something to me, but as far as those types of arguments you're talking about goes, not anymore. You will clearly be able to see that such people aren't just debating conversationally but showing venom. They insult their own intelligence and show their own lack of mental development, so to continue on with them doesn't do me any justice. When you ignore them or have nothing else to say that's what really bothers them.

• How do you deal with two users who keep verbally attacking you on the same post and won't stop? I've tried blocking them, but they still keep responding to one another since I can't block them due to my anonymity...

• Simply ignore them. They can talk about you to the end of the world, but it doesn't have to be your problem anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• I may get into heated arguments if the person is apparently biased, and clearly making ignorant statements, but I would not care if they are stubborn to misunderstand/twist what I say and continue their bullshit.

My advice is that if they bother you a lot with nonsense, do not respond to them and block them if necessary. Sometimes I answer nonsense stuff to some questions because the question is nonsense lol. But yours does not sound as such.

To come to your question from the previous day, I think you should show more confidence and independence in your actions when you are with older guys. To my experience, guy I met when I was 17 vs. now are different in that sense. When I was 17 I was meeting guys at around 17 to 22 and they were looking for someone who adore them so much, who need them for everything to make them feel manly. But older guys, like currently my boyfriend is 30, and my ex was 4 years older than me so he was 27-28 when we dated, they are more looking into the fact whether she is independent, whether she figured out what she wants in life, whether she is self-confident, and whether she is resilient to work towards things she wants in life even after failures, and while doing these all, whether she keeps her feminine feature rather than being a butch.
    Also, at some point, I agree complaining a lot and about nonsense is a big turn-off for the wiser. Less complaint but on-point complaint and coming with solutions is better. It just shows that you dont sit and demand things because you have vagina, it shows you think about things. Another thing is to have common things to talk about, and this is not specific to only older guys. It is valid for everyone. No matter how self-confident, successful and independent you are, as long as you don't have common things to chat about, there will be no attraction so don't let it disappoint you. Try to improve yourself with different hobbies so you have things to talk about. A friend of mine complaint a lot that all the girls he met while he was looking for the one, they just talk about their last holiday, their next holiday and their bikini shopping and he was so fed up with it.

Anyways, double answer to both questions lol. Dont bother with people.

• Love your answer 100%! I so agree with you! You have a mature mindset and insight as well. I wish that most people shared the same viewpoint. I only asked this question because I felt that older people weren't taking me seriously because of my age. Believe it or not, a lot of users started insulting me and saying things like I'm probably too "immature" for their liking, too "childish", and other ignorant judgments, without them knowing ANYTHING about me other than what I've summarized. Even when I tried to end the argument, they still kept throwing insults at me like the girl I'm referring to in this post. Rather than answering the question, they just kept saying foolish nonsense, thinking that they know it all just because they're in their late 20's. At least I acknowledge that I don't know everything and that I'm still learning. Other users felt that it's the older adult's problem for generalizing everyone in the younger generation, which was the answer I was leaning more towards.

• Things happen on a website where noone has to show their true identity and anyone can be anything they want. Dont care too much about those. I hope I help you a little.

Also, i need to say that they are at some point right. If the older person is just blaming everyone in your age/generation, it may also be his/her problem, not only yours being young.

What Guys Said 15

• No, I typically don't have them. The discussions I can have can end up being long and drawn out but not heated. If it gets to that point and it's not my fault, I just declare victory in the argument and move on.

• Nope, but hey there's dislike button😏

• In the past. Now I don't see it as a good use of my time.

• I've never been angry on this site. I do however piss off people with sarcastic remarks here and there and blatantly insult people with brain damage on a regular basis.

• Can you give me an example of something you would say?

• Nope it's all situation. It's not like I have a list sitting next to me. I make it up as I go...

• Yeah, I see

• Heated arguments are fun as long as the two parties aren't just calling each other idiots, because there's just no point nor end to that one.

• Nah, bad for my health.

• It's never worth it to respond in anger, to such pitiful individuals, no.

• Nope, I don't take the internet that seriously (especially on a site like this). I'm here to kill time and talk to cool people. I don't have time for petty shit.

• 0|0
  • I try to avoid arguments but occasionally some people start insulting me just because they don't like my questions. That's when I get verbally defensive.

• heated debate yes but argument, no

• I used to but then I stopped being such an angsty teenager

• I argue with no one.

• nope. not interested with that.

• It happens.

• Is it even worth responding?

What Girls Said 11

• lmao, that's hilarious. A lot of people come on this website to yell at someone in particular - a lot of men who are mad at a girl from highschool - and look for them in everyone they interact with.

Personally I get into a lot of arguments here but none of them heated.

• Some people just like to go straight to being rude and negative because it's the internet. Even when you try to have a reasonable conversation they just ignore everything you said and keep spouting nonsense. I'm starting to get tagged for certain things based on my opinion responses and I read a mytake that was full of too much bullshit to even get involved with.

When you know it's going to be a merry go round of arguing with half-wits, it's best to just let it go. I don't bother engaging in arguments because the amount of narrow-minded stupidity is just going to give me a stress headache. I just mute the topic and don't go back and read it. It's just not worth the waste of time.

• Exactly! That's what I kept trying to tell her all along. I presented valid arguments and all she did was call me names and say that I'm a "child", "boring", "immature", you name it, for perceiving myself as more mature. You're right, I should just ignore it from now on.

• There are a lot of people on here who love to argue. They want to call names... and push their views down your throat.

• Sounds like that girl who was throwing insults at me. All I did was ask a question and she started calling me names and saying that I'm boring/whiney" because I disagreed with her.

• Avid drug user? Who's assuming to know who, now?

• She herself stated in her response that she's an avid drug user.

• I try not to. It's very draining on your time and my mental health so I try to avoid the most contentious topics. Still, some people like to try me and my patience.

• I know right! I had a stomach ache everytime i read her posts.

• I have an anxiety disorder so it's just so bad for me to get into big arguments that I do my best to stay away.

• No, I just dismiss people and they tell me I'm rude. Usually when they tell me I'm rude, it's on a different thread and they say it anonymously because they don't have the nutsack to confront me under their real name.

• Nah, I don't get into arguments on here. It seems pointless. I typically ignore those rude comments.

• I argue with lots of people on here, sometimes it's fun or educational even, but often it's more like being stuck between a rock and a hard place because people are idiots.

• I know right? Isn't it immature for people to want to keep arguing even after you end it or block their initial post? smh

• Sometimes I do, but the other person *always* ends up blocking me eventually.

• If i let them get to me yeah

• what do you do to not let it get to you?

• No its not.
    Block and move on.