What is something you notice about people on GaG?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought when I joined the forum it would be a lot more hardcore but I think there is a soft underbelly on the site. There are the sensitive souls but even the rough truth bombers get upset because nobody takes enough notice of their truth bombings.
    On the flip side there is genuine community feeling on the site and the friendships you make while maybe not BFFs, it seems real and two way. Often on the site you will see people really letting their guard down in posts or giving opinions and you find yourself going "F*** me, that is a group of friends who have known each other years, 8 beer conversation"

What Girls Said 25

• People ask for an opinion or advice and then they kick off when you give them an honest non ass kissing one.

• That many people seem to completely skim over the question details or skip them altogether. My last couple of questions got a couple of random answers because they were just answering the general headline. Makes me think those people are just farming for Xper points.

• Absolutely! So many times I've had to ask somebody who commented on one of my Takes, "Did you read the whole thing?" LOL!

• Selective reading. A lot of users seem to do that.

• A lot of people seem to assume some people are lying. I know there are people who do lie on the internet, but not everyone does. I once got into an argument with some guy on here because he thinks all women just care about money. Yes there are gold diggers out there for sure, but I am not one of them and there are plenty of other women who aren't. He wouldn't listen though. Also, if I've told people about my life experience they don't believe it. A girl yesterday thought I was lying about my lack of dating experience.

I don't see the point in lying about that stuff on this site or any other site. I'm actually more honest on here than I am in real life about certain things. There are some things I am embarrassed about offline, and I'd rather people didn't find out. On here, it doesn't really matter if they judge me for it because they don't know me. I'm just some anonymous person behind a screen name.

• Yeah, people do have that tendency to think everyone or everything is a lie.

• Most are too sensitive and is made up of mostly preppy people. Along with a bunch of lazy bums that can't handle videos that are longer than 50 seconds to 1 minute.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=preppy

• This will probably come across as far more snobby and elitist than it is intended to:

A fairly common lack of understanding that there's a real difference between having an opinion about something and actually knowing something, which ties into the following:

People on GAG are a veritable treasure trove of cliche opinions on feminism (whether good, evil, or neither) which are as embarrassingly superficial as the never ending stream of penis size questions. This holds true even when the opinion is coming from a poster who is otherwise consistently thoughtful, articulate, and interesting. Discussions on Islam and socialism suffer in the same way.

People typing about cliche answers apparently oblivious to the fact that they're giving a cliche answer (and not the pearl of wisdom they presumably think it is). This is most apparent to me when the discussion is about sexual matters.

I feel like when people on GAG discuss politics, they don't care about the politics so much as playing a performative role as a "liberal" "conservative" "Democrat" "Republican" or whichever other political identity they want to have for themselves and perhaps more importantly the identity they want others to see them as having.

That said, as for opinions, seemingly, girls on GAG are much more consistently "liberal" than off of it and guys are seemingly somewhat less consistently "conservative" on GAG than off of it. I'm not sure why.

On a brighter note, there is a wholesale lack of pettiminded bitchiness about grammar (Don't get me wrong; grammar is very, very important but on a social media site, there is no good reason to get bitchy about it).

• @Robbey I notice that a lot of the females here who support feminism are insecure about being a woman, so they're constantly trying to tell us "what feminism means." They are also consistently whining about what the guys are doing, and not even noticing the pigheadedness of their own gender, or rather choosing not to. They also think voting each other up equals correctness, especially in the face of a guy they disagree with.

Having said that, I feel that we pretend that the venom and poor behavior of females here doesn't exist or is less common, when in many ways it can be worse.

• I feel like discussions about feminism on GAG revolve around cliche answers regarding vague ideas about rights regardless if the poster is male or female or has a positive or negative or in-between view about feminism. Alternatively, we're offered a string of obscure, decades old quotations devoid of context from Andrea Dworkin (or some other marginal academic) or some obscure blog about which no one has ever hitherto heard nor cared and which is then presented as the sum total of feminist thinking. Essentially, on GAG a very, very extensive body of diverse and contradictory thought accumulated over centuries gets reduced to tired cliches about "rights" or worse presenting someone like Andrea Dworkin as a neat, tidy summary of feminism entirely

I find the behavior of people - male or female - on GAG to be generally better than average for the internet (with exceptions of course) which is probably more of a credit to the moderators of this site than to the ethical compasses of its us

• people like to belong to some kind of team

• Some people... ask a question and want you to give an honest answer, then they want to ridicule you for the answer you give.

• Those anonymous folks are real controversial at times.

• it's like an internet america, every issue that i've never thought about that has to do with america is discussed like life or death

• There's a lot of racist people here. And people who think they know it all.

• Horrendous reading comprehension and/or intentionally obtuse...

• I think it's intentionally obtuse, yeah.

• Definitely not willing to consider an alternate point of view, very true. I also notice that the females seem to think voting each other up bunches of times will make women right in the face of guys, and it doesn't.

• I haven't noticed that. Then again, I have noticed a lot of troll down voting just because they can.

• You can't state your opinion without getting suffocated with more questions 😱

• The ones I've been noticing are the sensitive people or the people who like to pick a fight/debate until the death lol. Then there are the ones that everyone else has mentioned

• Some people on gag are really attractive Lol

• They get butthurt, A LOT

• That some think they have a doctorate degree in Internet.

• There's lots of shy people.

• The amount of trolling

• They choose what they want to see

• Also, true. Though you're calling the kettle black, lol.

• If you are going to make a comment like that at least find something to back it up with do not just talk out your ass like you continue to do now

• I'm not, but okay.

• Many people seem to be over sensitive.

• They love praising girls for their looks

• We're insane and stupid.^_^

• A lot of people seem too ask a question to get the answer they want to hear, or expect to hear.

Then you answer honestly and are accused of lying.

• Most are very into themselves.

What Guys Said 18

• Many people are scared of completely normal things in the outside world. I don't mean phobia type stuff, i mean like... talking to the opposite sex.

• Your opinion never counts.

• insecurities. lots of insecurities

• They're super sensitive.

Many have the "my way or the highway" mentality, and block you when you disagree with them
    A few hours ago I got blocked by a grandma cause I said cheating is wrong xD

• They get really off topic when their convictions are tested.

• Sensitivity to differing opinions.

• The more you get to know them, the weirder they become.

• I usually see the same users, not sure if it goes by popularity or what, but I dont go on as much.
    Also, so many anonymous activity, dont know why.

• some of the block you after making fun of you and you can't respond back.

• Some people ask some really stupid questions. I know some troll but some are actually serious. Lol

• Profile pics, genders, their general opinions, personalities

• They keep nudes but don't share them. 😁

• Hmm no one used their real name. lol

• A lot of catfish lol

• Its a sham a lot of fake accounts. Some real majority not.

• that they don't represent the population of the world

• Some dudes harass girls on here

• too anal.