Why do people continue asking questions on this website if they are not ready to handle your opposing opinion?

I just wonder why people ask questions if they are gonna get angry when you tell them something they actually don't want to hear, and so they don't like it and get angry with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• The over sensitive souls, I just don't know - Some of the rest are just looking for a fight - Some have to preach - Some have to lecture - Some want to feel superior on their high horse but it is a long way down without a safety net.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they come to have their own biased opinions affirmed and/or to bait people with alternate views into an Internet argument.

Welcome to the Internet. 🙋

• But why do they want to bait people? When I answer I generally think I should answer with my heart because they apparently need this advice or perspective, not because they think they want to catfish for opposing opinions. Do you think I am naive to think like this?

• Interesting thought on downvote. Thank you CheerGirl.

• Thanks for MHG 👊

What Guys Said 6

• When you say that you're telling them, "something they actually don't want to hear, and so they don't like it and get angry" Are you giving a logical reason, or explaining your feelings? Are you telling the truth or are you just repeating things you've heard?

When I say "telling the truth" I don't mean that you can't have a difference of opinion, or a judgement call, I mean are the statements you're making factual? If there is a source, what is the source.

As an example, I posted a MyTake recently. Someone responded with a contrary view. As it turned out, her contrary view was a lie (I don't know if she knew it was a lie, or whether she honestly believed the lie)

When I responded, she started saying I was "angry" when I wasn't angry about her having a contrary opinion, but I resented the lie.

• Yes, I do give a logical reasoning. But they do not read and just insult. These questions are personal views, not something you can give evidence to, so they are objective. So my source is my experience and what I saw from friends. I state my personal experiences and they don't like it.

And no factual things becuz I try to avoid stating things about stuff I do not know properly like scientific things, or mathematical things.

• Thanks for your answer. I try to avoid them if I think they are trolling. Because bad words upset me a lot.

Also, somebody said maybe they are over emotional. That might also be true. Subjective things are sometimes touchy.

Also, thanks for expanding on whether things have factual stuff or just opinion.

• If they are trolling, then "the only way to win is not to play."

That said, if you think they are actually looking for input, then explaining how your emotional reaction makes you feel might be illuminating.

• Give an example.

• For example they say their boyfriend was late at home at night and stop cleaning the kitchen for a month and never helps her. She says she thinks he is cheating. Then I say maybe it is because he has something upsetting in mind or has stressful time at work currently. Dont be over judgmental just talk to him why he is that way. Then she gets angry and says I am not over judgmental dont be bitchy

• I guess that some people just can't take the truth.

• They're looking for an echo chamber, to reinforce what they already think or have decided.

• That is what I thought in the first place but i wanted to check if there is another opinion on this that I might not be aware of.

• Because no one cares about you that much. They care about those who will actually accede to their demands.

• then they can ask those people in private messages, not to all G@G community.

• I did not insult you. You insulted me in the beginning and I replied back.

• You're right.

• I have an opposing opinion.. This really isn't a question.. This is just a complaint because there really is no right answer to this.

• I agree. But my question is why. There might be different why's and I want to know others' perspectives to see what I cannot see or do wrong in this case.

What Girls Said 5

• A large percentage of askers in this site, (not the troll population) only want justification for their actions or behavior. Akin to the beautiful girl who asks if she's pretty.

• Why would they need others' justification for their own actions? Don't they already have justification for what they took as action or how they behaved? I am not quite sure what you meant. Do you give me more details? Thank you.

• a person can genuinely ask a question genuinely want to hear opinions, and generally disagree with some of those views,.

I've noticed a strange phenomena on gag, where some people seem to feel entitled to have their response accepted as gospel just bc they answered a question

this is a talk site. its normal to ask questions to hear views which opens a debate. asking a question does not mean you are prepared to agree., just means you are interested in discussing different views.

i do think people do sometimes get irrationally upset at answers they dont like, however some answers are irrational hostile or biased or set serving and just obnoxious.

it really depend. an example would be helpful:-)

• Sorry not giving example. I wrote this to someone. I will copi paste.

For example they say their boyfriend was late at home at night and stop cleaning the kitchen for a month and never helps her. She says she thinks he is cheating. Then I say maybe it is because he has something upsetting in mind or has stressful time at work currently. Dont be over judgmental just talk to him why he is that way. Then she gets angry and says I am not over judgmental dont be bitchy

• if ur opinion was something they disagreed with then y do u expect them to b happy about it?

• But if they are not ready to brace an opposing opinion, and insult the opinion owner, what is the point in asking a subjective question?

• No I am fine they are disagreein wit me. I dont understand why they answer back and insult me. they can just downvote or say whatevah dude. that is my concern.

• Overemotional. True, maybe that's why. Maybe a hard time for them that they are emotionally distressed. Thanks for this.

• Because they prefer sugar-coated answers or reassurance or lies/receiving the answer they want to hear.
    ... which reminds me, one chick got angry simply because I told her that I don't think her ex is into her.
    She told me I was being negative and that she couldn't take me seriously because I posted under anon.
    Note: She was also posting anonymously.-__-
    I was like "wth, woman chill, I didn't sign for this.;_;"

• Because how dare you not agree with me. Bitch! Anybody with different opinions to me is stupid.