Should a post with "cops must die" be taken down?

Someone asked a question about police and body armor. One answer was simply that "cops must die". This was reported a while ago but is still up. Do you think that this post should come down? Is it wrong that it is allowed to be up?

• Yes, it is wrong that it is allowed to stay up
  • No, we can say anything, violent or not because it is about cops

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd love to see what they would think if there were no cops around and all hell broke loose and there was no one to help.

I'm pretty sure they'd change their mind. What a stupid remark to make. Some people don't really think things through. 🙄

• Sorry---got on my soapbox and didn't really answer the question.

I believe a post like that should be removed, but that's just me...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's easy to be brave anonymously online, isn't it? What a tosser.

What Girls Said 6

• The post you are referring to was not "allowed" to stay up. It has been removed. Unless a moderator catches a post quickly, it may not be taken down immediately, depending on when an admin is able to review it.

Admins check reported posts daily though so everything is always reviewed within at least 24 hours. Please continue reporting posts you think violates our guidelines or you can contact us directly about issues as well. :)

• The problem is that people clearly think that moderators are biased and skip over posts that they know should come down but let stay up. I know I do.

• Moderators are still regular users. They simply recommend content to admins that they think violates our guidelines. So again, if you feel a post should be removed, please report it or you can contact us directly.

• Absolutely right it should be removed.
    Only yesterday the Almighty Admin accused me of being antagonistic over a tongue in cheek expression I used about perhaps someone "shooting" themselves before their wife did.
    There is a most apparent , blatantly obvious system of Double Standards here.

• I had a reply taken down because I called someone delusional. So hell yes it should.

• Other than questions, reported posts are only seen by admins.

So unless a moderator just happens to see a post like that, it doesn't get removed immediately.

There are only a handful of admins, so you have to patient enough for one of them to view your report, or a moderator to happen upon it.

• Well then they should "happen upon it" based in this poll and links to it!

• They simply skip by the posts that they know should come down but agree with anyway. People know.

• That's ridiculous man. There are super mods here that have me blocked because they disagree with me on so many things. There's no conspiracy. Moderators are humans and regular users with varying views on any subject you can think of.

And many times, it's a ball or strike call just like a baseball umpire. Your question here prompted some moderators to look at the post you referred to. I've been on for 2 hours this morning, and would have never clicked on that question had you not mentioned it here.

It's simply impossible to see every post

• It was most likely written by a 14 year old.

• That isn't the point.

• Or just a violent racist who wants (white) cops dead. Like the Dallas shooter who was not 14. And like the five votes in the poll that say 'no'.

• You know what, I give up. You win, my internet friend.

What Guys Said 11

• It is wrong.

"Freedom of Speech" and "Freedom of the Press" does not give you the right to write or say just any thing you want to.

There are laws against Slander and Libel, and saying something like "Cops must die," falls under the "Treason" as "inciting insurrection or rebellion".

So when you see those riots where people take the law into their own hands, and burn down towns and cars and crap on television?

Technically, they are committing Treason, which is automatically a Felony.

You have a right to assemble peaceably. You do not have a right to throw rocks or burn down other people's property and mob rule, even if the other person was in fact directly guilty.

If the government actually prosecuted people correctly, this sort of BS wouldn't happen.

In the early decades of the U. S., the government actually sent the military and put down violent rebellions directly. Perhaps over-reacting, but the point is Treason is Treason.

Calling for the death of government officials who have not themselves committed an actual crime is a potential qualifier for Treason.

And simply saying, "I was joking" after the fact is not reasonable, because there is no way for the government to know whether you were joking or not.

This is the same thing with young people who write crap like, "Go hang yourself" on a forum or text.

That should be a crime, if it is not, and it actually is a crime in most states now.

• lol how fucked up... my post about shallow women gets removed in like 5 min but stuff like that noone messes with?

• Any appeal to violence or hate should be avoided.

• It will come down when admin become aware of it - I would say admin are few and reports are many.

• People are ridiculous.

• Hell yes it should

• Id rather read the question for myself before deciding

• If I see something like that, I am removing it.

• It should come down.

• this post should be taken down, it incites violence

• The one that answered that about cops must die is probably a mod and thus it won't get taken down; any other regular user's reply would have been swiftly removed instantly