Why Go Anonymous?

I can't help but notice that on a daily basis at least 75% of questions asked are done so anonymously, even when some of them are extremely sensible.
Maybe am missing the point or a logical reason why this takes place, hence my asking here.
Thank You

Most Helpful Guy

• Multiple reasons:
    * Some users don't find their user id anonymous enough and want to be totally "not here" as a person. They post 100% anonymous.
    * Some users use anonymity as their balaclava and post offensive or antagonistic opinions or questions anonymously.
    * And of course, some topics are too delicate to ask with your user name if you intend to be on here for a longer period of time.
    I rarely go anonymous, less than 1% of my posts.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• I actually noticed that most questions are not anonymous.

• Cause otherwise everyone would find out I'm really just on here to troll the shit out of the place

@Sexualchrist You do realise you've just "shot yourself in the foot" by divulging your secret mission. :)

Tell if you must but you're ruining years of hard work

@Sexualchrist Now as if I'd be so cruel.

• Question: what's your favourite colour?
    Anonymous: blue.

I don't understand it, we're all anonymous anyway. Besides maybe your name, I doubt anyone knows who you are or where you live.

So, maybe we should all do away with usernames and simply become anonymous!

Having a username doesn't make you any less anonymous, in my opinion.
      It just gives your profile more of a personal characteristics that's not necessarily representative of the user.

I have to agree with that, a very valid point indeed.

• I have notice too. Most of the question like what is your favorite food, color & lucky number were been asking anonymous.. I don't know the reason.

• it does not make sense to ask a sensible question anonymously. if it is a rate me, maybe. or a seriously sexual question, or embarrassing question, then fine, but sensible questions anonymously is not sensible, I agree.

• They get embarrassed, don't wanna be judged or have something dark to discuss

• "do guys like thick girls?"

• In case someone else ik niw used gag and I ask domething I wouldn't want them to know about

• Because I can.

• Why not go anonymous?

• Why not? Do you require a name tied to the questions?

What Girls Said 5

• It might be because of peoples opinions. If you kind of know them (GAGers) or are worried that they will judge you based of your question you don't want to be rememberd as the one with the stupid question :) but the ones with questions like you favorite color (who are anon) I just don't understand. Like why? XD

• I am anonymous on here, no one really knows who I am or what I look like so I don't go anonymous

• I never go anonymous, I figure if I'm gonna ask a question or something I might as well own up to it.

• imagine browsing on gag, and suddenly, you notice the profile of someone you know in real life! asking a sensitive question. Now, imagine it the other way around.
    -short horror stories

In all honesty that would never bother me, but maybe that's just me.

@Red_Arrow This is precisely the sort of questions that am referring to.

OOOOOH I thought really embarrashing questions

• I dont why it happens I never go anonymos