What has happened to this website?

I've been here for a while. I remember when I joined, it was because this was a great site for advice, and a bit of fun.
Lately, though, every question I ask is met with nasty, condescending, rude, and downright unhelpful answers and remarks. I've not only experienced this firsthand, but I've seen it on dozens and dozens of other people's questions.
Looking for advice here has become useless. People only seem to want to put you down.
Who else has experienced this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what you mean. I came on here in 2008, then I left for some time.
    When I came back, it was quite different.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi, dear... You must be a Follower/Following. I feel the same way as you do.
    I started here over Two years ago and now that I have nearly Reached my Master level, I may Take some Time for myself to Regroup again. I feel that I have Spent so much Time on Here Helping others, that I Nearly Forget about me.
    Yes, I agree, that Lately this has been going on behind the Computer Curtain. Gag has changed a lot, and not with just their own Changes... With so many people like yourself and even myself, who have been here a long time, Many have Come and Gone because of your Exact reasons.
    Good luck and Thank you for Caring and Sharing. xx

What Guys Said 28

• Once upon a time this website was pretty nice. Oh wait, that is how you start a fairy tale. Truth is, it was pretty nice at one time. But there seem to be many more people now on here who are extremely angry and very opinionated. They hate the candidates. They hate particular races. they hate the opposite sex. and so forth. Couple that anger with the firm belief that they have the absolute right of free speech about anything, and absolutely no responsibility to control their speech as it infuriates.

Also, a lot of trolls and catfish. Which made worse by (and I know this includes you) the wide usage of anonymous posts. It is the right of people to post anonymously, as it is their right to free speech, but the overuse of both have caused more anger and lack of trust on here. I see many people bailing simply because the climate on here has gotten so bad.

• I don't think so at all! Maybe you had a bad experience with some of the lurker d-bags, but there are others, here that just try to help, being a bit older, and more experienced.
    I think that more should post as themselves, rather than anonymous, just because a lot of the 'Anonymous' questions, I really want to answer, maybe helping, but it is a rather personal issue, and I don't want to just post it, openly, for those haters and morons to criticize!!
    You can always send me a private message, with any question, and I will try to answer and help.
    The under 18 questions, those, I reserve the right to not answer, due to some legal issues, though I do answer many.

• I highly agree. It is probably from all of the young highschool red that joined when summer started. I usually ask fairly good questions or ask for help or suggestions but they don't really get seen much becuase of all of the trashy questions that are annoyingly popular. I am glad that they brought back the down vote button though.

• Lol I try to joke around which could be considered rude and condescending to a lot but it's all just humor.. I keep things up beat with some occasional insightful answers if it is a legitimate question. A lot of questions asked here are absolutely ridiculous and don't deserve a real answer though. A lot of them are repeats as well. I usually roll with the hits people throw at me.

It's also depressing AF too.. many people complaining about life which I have no sympathy for. Some of the guys on here are so cringe and weak and their questions are pathetic.. had a hairy guy asking me why he should live because he is too hairy and grotesque for society lmfao. People also have a lot of cliques on this website so if you piss off of them with a disagreement they try and come at you anonymously with others lol. It's pathetic that all this high school drama exist on this website lmao.

I think I talk to like two people on here rgb008 and redeyemindtricks on occasion. Stay out of all that bullshit.. I'm here for entertainment and interesting topics like politics since I'm banned from the misc till 2017.

• I gotta say, I see your posts a lot, and while you're frequently sarcastic, you're nowhere near what I'm talking about.
      What I mean is the amount of legitimate, genuine requests for advice, that are met with unpleasant, rude people that are just trying to make people feel bad. And they're frequently the only ones who reply.

• If it's a legitimate question then people should answer it. If it's cringe then they deserve to be fucked with. You should take the real advice you get from her with a grain of salt as well. A good majority of this site are social outcast and have very absurd/skewed views on dating. Should get to know the regulars here.. friend the people who are legit and have good experience casually and ask them or tag them in your questions.

• Serious answer: I've been here just a few days. I gave many serious, thoughtful, helpful responses. Some of them got thanks, others got ignored. Then I noticed that funny answers got a lot more attention and/or likes. Unfortunately, it's much more difficult to write funny helpful responses than just funny responses. That's why people don't write helpful stuff, instead they write what's funny to them (which to you is "nasty, condescending, rude, and downright unhelpful answers and remarks").

What I should have written if I wanted more likes or attention: The girls and guys of girls ask guys are now in phase 2 of their relationship. Honeymoon period is over, it's fighting time now :)

See?

• I think site has changed in last 6 months - I can't put my finger on why but I am giving it the benefit of the doubt to see if it changes again - It has changed a couple of times while I was here.

• Welcome to the internet. You'll find all sorts of people on the internet and if you can't get accustomed to it... Well that's too bad.

• Yeah it happens on here a lot. I tend to joke around but if someone makes a generalize about us men then I got at her hard lmao.

• Well, there are more users. When the number of users increases more rude people come as "bonus".

• Tune out the riff raff.

I've asked questions and had troll answers, sure. But they don't MEAN anything. This site is plenty useful, as useful as it ever was (except maybe from 2011-2012). You just have to know who matters and who doesn't.

• I don't know about that. I think, in the last few months, out of about a dozen questions, I could count the amount of serious, useful answers on one hand.

• Out of 10 answers, how many do you expect to be useful?

• As much as I'd like to have about half of them be useful, I expect about 2 or 3 out of 10. It's more like 1 out of 20, and most questions don't even get to 20 answers.

• If it's a stupid question I give a stupid respond.
    Example of a stupid question: I like got a little drunk in a party and like kiss this one guy like should I tell my boyfriend.

If it's a real question I respond with wisdom but some ask for advise and don't even fallow it. I hate that shit!

• Not for me, every once in a while I get a troll sharing "opinions" on my questions but all the other opinions on my questions are useful and respectful.

• It just goes to show you how the world is. This is a taste of how cruel people can be in society, but not all.

• I know what you mean i deleted my account and when i came back , i've noticed that people are always trying to put you down , i think this site became so distracting

• Nope, I see a lot of helpful comments still :(

• Well... I don't post as often anymore...

• Summer's ending.

• Might be the types of questions you ask and how you go about it. Without more insight into your type of questions I can't really say. My main problem is getting people to respond to my questions.

• ahahaha been a while since I've been on this joint

• Unfortunately many trolls are ruining the experience here for everyone else!

• We're helping the world become a better place by shaming the behavior of terrible people.

• Not me OP

• Always

• It was always like this.

• Yeah. No one polices these forum sites anymore.

• classic pink annon question...

• Classic example of what I'm talking about...

• The alphas made a new trend to be rude n honest

• I don't think it's the 'alphas'... whatever that means...

• 'The alphas'.

• @bobbyxx Wow what a breakthrough in argument.. Just wow, the use of alpha is a feminism appeaser now?

• It really depends on the questions you ask like if it's really dumb or if its common sense then you're going to get ridiculed or insulted most likely

• I could understand that. But there are a lot of people genuinely ask for advice and help on various issues, from relationships to jobs, and get just rude, nasty replies.

• There is always a few bad apples everywhere you go , whenever it becomes more popular it attracts more bad ones with it

What Girls Said 15

• The admins don't take down offensive posts, refuse to do anything about harassment, and actively curate inflammatory content that encourages problems in the community.

• I'm really glad someone like you agrees with me on this. You're one of my favourite users here.

• Dawww!!! TYSM for saying so!

• I do agree with you on that, some people just respond with "No or Yes, or lmao", or something thats not really useful to the question just to receive xper points. People have become spoiled because they dont care to help anyone, everyone does put each other down, some of the questions are blatantly idiotic. However, there are SOME users that answer with a thought out response, I would mention some names, but I don't know if they would want me to tag them. It seems a lot of people have become lazy in reading and typing out a response. I myself am one of those people sometimes, but I do my best to answer thoughtfully.

You also have to learn to block out the stupidity on here, most people like to post nonsense. :-/

• I noticed GaG attracts a lot of people with deep rooted anger issues toward the opposite sex. It seems more like a place for angry persons to vent their frustrations about their own relationships (or lack there of) and point fingers and degrade people actually looking for real help.

• Me. I think more trolls are coming to this site and it is also kind of becoming a haven for bored people with no lives who have nothing better to do than to start wars on here.
    I really hope this doesn't turn into what Yahoo! Answers has become, with all of the trolls and just downright unhelpful people who are just goofing off or trying to be rude.

• I have not personally experienced this problem but if I have I might have been like what ever

• This website was nice... once

• Depresssion and drug use.

• I don't know why it has become like this, but I hope things go back to the way it used to be back in 2015. Maybe the changes that were made to GaG at the start of 2016 drove the people who made the site fun, away.

I know Apple24 and other users used to ask a lot of fun question and most people would joke around with everyone, it was quite fun. There used to be another fun user named SmoMan who was quite awesome.

• Ew, I sound like a child complaining that I don't like change. Blugh! 😝😫

• And I also miss a fellow Gagger, Kris, she had passed away. She had answered my questions a few times, and whenever I visit her profile, I feel like I'm looking into another's person's mind and looking at their memories.

I need to stop doing that though.

• True. That's why I left. Now I'm back as an undercover agent, kicking out all the "nice guys" off this site.

• It's always been that way since I joined more than a year ago

• Everything becomes trash eventually.

• I've noticed it too. I think a lot of people just go online to troll and bully others. Every site has these issues. Bored people going online to be bullies and trolls. I actually answer questions I know I can give advice on, not to pick on or threaten someone.

• Yea, i noticed too. Used to be much better a while back. I just come here to kill boredom, especially because I've got a baby and I'm breastfeeding which takes hours each feed so I just come on here to kill boredom during that, and for Amazon gift cards lol... not here for any real answers to anything, nobody should expect real answers on this site anymore. I mean there are the odd times you can see real answers and good questions, but it's not common at all.

• yes- most of the idiots that are on here are social rejects, idiots or psychopaths just wanting to abuse or harass people. This is how this place is now.

all the stupid males answering are those very rude jerks and trolls

• most of the morons on this site are either on some kind of medication, depressed, idiots with no life, jerks or who knows what..

• I was wondering the same thing... sucks