Do you think the downvote button is funny?

So we've all seen it make its comeback, but I never really used it. I think voting someone down matters even less than voting someone up, and not even worth the time. To me it actually signifies how butthurt somebody is by your comments, though it can be empowering to see, just like being blocked. Guess it's kinda kiddy-fied to me.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, especially when people downvote me without leaving a comment on it. It just shows how butthurt they are. Just like how I answered a guy's question saying he shouldn't be unfriending a girl who rejected him. Three bitter guys downvoted me as if they really know what the girl thinks LOL

• I think if you have an "up vote" option an option to "down vote" makes sense if for nothing else than for the sake of consistency.

If someone's ego can't bear a "down vote" on GAG, then the real world will be a deeply and unforgivably harsh place for them.

• I don't even pay the down votes any mind. Seems like it shouldn't even matter to people.

• It should matter as much, or as little, as the upvote.

• I looooove it.

Down voted as much as I've up voted today. Some were just trolling and the person I down voted knows it. :P

• I wish we could downvote questions lmao

• Yeah it's funny to see when people don't agree with you over something that doesn't make sense.

• The downvote button definitely can be used for that. I don't really use it, but I don't mind it being around either... until people downvote for silly things like someone saying their favorite color is blue. :P

• No I don't think it is funny. I like it.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't really notice it but it seems important to some so I leave them to it - There are many things on the site that I don't understand but if I don't interfere with other people doing what they enjoy, I hope they don't interfere with my enjoyment of the site.

• I don't think it's 'Funny', but I don't see any benefit from having it. Some people misuse it to turn others down and some don't care about it.
    I could care less if we have it or not.

• I actually never use the upvote or the downvote buttons, so it does not make a difference to me.

• It's hilarious how they think it has any effect at all.
    When you value a thumbs down, more than your own opinion, it just proves what kind of person you are...

• When I get downvoted, I see God every time.

• I think of it as a trophy because I challenged someone's way of thinking

• Without actually arguing their point with them, I don't see how voting them down challenge's their way of thinking.

• They disagree because they don't want to admit I'm right, of course. :p

• Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah, true.

• I can't admit to it ever making me laugh.

• Yeah its really funny when i troll sometimes, down votes shows my attempt was succesful