Do you agree that it is pointless to anonymous because the adminstrators can see your personal questions and opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• No the can't...

Uhhh sweetheart yes they can. You must be new here dear.

Why?

Eh, why not lol

Most Helpful Guy

• They have far better things to be doing than finding out who wrote anon questions. I work in a government department with access to vast amounts of personal data on people, the curiosity wears off after the first day. Big brother doesn't really care that much unless it is relevant to operations (Whole different area of moral debate there but anyway just used it as an example)

What Girls Said 3

• I see your point, but why are you anonymous then? ;P I think those that go anonymous care mainly about the general users of G@G and want to hide their usernames from the people that post often and are more likely to remember what they've said.

What makes you think the admins dont go anonymous or have extra accounts.

Hey, I'm not saying that's what I think. I don't use the anonymous feature. It's entirely possible the admins could hide as well. My point is that users utilize that feature to save face from most of the community. I think they just accept the fact that admins will be able to see who they are and that they're a smaller portion of the community.

• Nah it's not that pointless, yes administrators can see, but it's not public. Like other GaGers can't see who posted it specifically. Nor is the anonymous question/answer on their profile.

• Nope I don't think so.
    One may not care about the few admins but might do so when it comes to the public.

I didn't make sense.

I meant I assumed there are only a few admins compared to the users in GaG.

So it makes sense for them to still go anon

What Guys Said 3

• They are admins, of course they can see your stuff. They could just go check the database and see based on user ID.

• I think they only care about the users not the administrators

• I don't give a fuck about admins looking at my posts. Only general public matters.