Do you like writing MyTakes?

I love typing, expressing myself, and being heard, for me I feel like writing "MyTakes" are a great way to do that. I have only just started writing MyTakes and so far they have all been promoted (some anonymous though), it just makes me happy. :)

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all.

My English isn't that good and the time I need to write and explain in English increases exponentially with the number of lines I write lol

But even more importantly... non-promoted myTakes are a waste of time because some person thought it's a great idea to hide them from the feed and the topics. The myTakes feed shows only the promoted ones, the feed which includes them all is only visible for mods and admins.
    If you post a myTake and you're out of luck and nobody comments on it quickly, it will disappear from the regular feed and the only place you can find them is hidden on the profile page of the member.
    Sure, it doesn't need much to get a myTake promoted but still... I don't see why I should risking it and I won't work to become an editor because I only wanna write myTakes if I have to say something and not to keep my number up to stay an editor.

Your also quite limited in your options... so no, not interested at all. I wrote one because GAG pissed me off and I might write another one in the future, but it's nothing I really enjoy doing. I'm better off just doing a blog and promoting that one if I wanna put my BS out to the world

• Well your followers can see your takes if they look, so it's not like nobody will look.

• Look where? And what's the point of limiting it to only a tiny group of people on a site with ten thousands of visitors every month?

People put lot of effort into it and then if you're unlucky barely anyone will see it.

• The followers filter doesn't even work correctly. If I go to the mytakes feed and filter by followers I still see a bunch of anons and other I don't follow. But that this site is riddled with bugs is nothing new... But don't worry, instead of fixing them we will soon get the next useless feature 😒

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes mostly. No sometimes. I've written 3 and the admins or editors or whoever liked them all, as they were all promoted and featured.

Yes because if I'm passionate about something, I do like to express it. No because sometimes people here just love to argue lol I don't blame them, that's what this site seems to be about. But many people, myself included, don't read or ask with an open mind. We tend to read or ask with the intent to "shut down" their argument. And it does get frustrated because many people here, again myself included, we tend to live in our own bubbles of reality and ignore everyone else's if it can't mix with our own.

Overall yes though, because it's nice to be able to express yourself.

What Guys Said 15

• Not really. I don't really understand how they work. I've written 1 and nobody saw it and even I couldn't see it when I went to the mytake section.
    I think they only show them if they get promoted or something.
    It was pretty good too. Better than any of the mistakes I've seen other people do.

• Not really. If I ever write a mytake, I want to put some thought in to it. The vast majority of myTakes I come across feel like they were churned out in 10 minutes just to uphold someone's editor's badge.

• I wrote a few on my old account and have always said I must start again but they took a lot of my time, I wrote long ones and was a bit of a perfectionist, I would probably be the guts of 2 or 3 days before I was happy enough to release it.

• Hi cupcake ❤️

About my takes. I made one once, but only one person commented on it. Ever since I've felt discouraged from making them 😞

• No not really I can never think of anything that's worth a mytake as well as something I'm interested in and think I could write a good take on.

• It depends if I can get a laugh with them or not. If I write something serious I'd rather not have too many people see it, so on that front it works. Humor is largely subjective so it's hit or miss.

• Only when I feel the inspiration to write and have the time.
    Most of the time I have no idea what to write about.

• Never written one yet

• Dahh that's so touching and cute OP.

___

Not srs. But yes I like writing takes.

• i love to write and takes on here are fun

There are some very talented writers :)

• Haven't tried yet

• Nope

• Nope not at all.

• I am actually writing one now.

• nope

What Girls Said 10

• I do enjoy writing myTakes. I used to do very few (just one every 2-3 months) but have gotten into writing more nowadays. I've found that it's a great way for me to kind of put my thoughts or how I'm feeling into words. Therapeutic, in a way, so now I write myTakes about whatever I've got on my mind a lot at the time versus what I think will guarantee a big response on GaG.

• I don't mind writing. I just don't know what to write about, which is why I've never written a myTake.

• no... lol

• Considering I've written 39 of them, yes.

• No I don't. I have written 2 and mostly idiots replied. Just makes me mad.

• i wrote 1 and eh... it was aight.

• I wanted t write one but I feel so lazy.

• I've never written one

• My first myTake I did was pretty fun making. I enjoy the feedback too.

• Yes I love writing takes but I would do so anonymously