Should this site ban catfishes?

• Yes
  • No
2mo Should we?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think as long as the rules aren't broken, then it would be impossible to prove someone is a catfish, unless they use photographs "borrowed" from the internet. Even then, one or two GAGers openly state the photo is not of themselves.

When it comes down to it, so what if someone is 60 instead of 16. So what if they're male instead of female. It's how they apply themselves to the questions and takes on GAG that matters. If they stick to the rules, there's not much harm done.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... I think there should be some identification requirements to prove who you are but on gag? Nah. I mean have the people here are trolls anyway. I don't think it's going to hurt anyone. But if someone had stolen another's identity and was doing something illegal on here? Yeah, I think serious action should be taken. You have to accept you can't really censor the internet or do much unless you can prove the law is being violated.

What Guys Said 14

• Not a dating site. If you fall for a catfish that's on you 😂

• Technically yes but I would say logistically impossible. By the time the account is identified and banned, catfish could have a new account. If IP address banned just go to an internet cafĂ©.

• It would be too much an effort to find out if they are truthfully catfishing. The admins generally can't handle their responsibilities on this website as it is. They would never make an effort for that.

• 0|0
  • Its an unspoken rule here, they're kinda ostracized, so its pointless to be active after they're found out. But then what idiot would simply follow an attractive profile pic?

• 1|0
  • difficult

I'd say just report them, but admins don't seem to have any interests to get rid of them. I guess they generate enough clicks

• How do you propose they do that? Like how do they know for sure a post is a troll? How do they closely monitor thousands of posts a day?

• how would u prove somebody was in fact a cat fish? i guess u can reverse search their profile pic?

• Can't.

• No that's impossible

• Yes, IP ban them.

• why?

• It is very hard to prove without a doubt, if someone is a catfish or not. So I would say no.

What Girls Said 6

• No... why would they do that?
    It's not like the guidelines say that you HAVE to be the person who you say you are, or the person in your picture.

• That'd be a difficult thing to do. How can you be so sure that someone is a catfish at times? It's obviously not approved/looked down upon for users to do, but those people could just create a new account over and over again.

• Nice thought but impossible to realise..

• Yes but I'm not sure how they could do that.

• No, who cares? How can you even be a catfish in here?

Do you really need to ask?

@HeWhoPonders I don't talk to anyone here so I wouldn't care

@HeWhoPonders I wouldn't like a guy here since this is the internet and I don't care enough to talk to anyone for an extended period of time. And no I would not feel bad, not unless he clearly expressed it was him in the photo and even then I wouldn't really give a shit.

• honestly i don't care...