Why do so many people here have such low mho percentages?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people aren't as helpful as other users, focusing more on answering the fun questions instead of the ones looking for serious advice. There are certain users that answer in detail while others leave one or two sentences as well. For example, @dangerDoge has such a high MHO percentage because his responses are in-depth and cover all possible answers (or as best as he can think of). He also doesn't run around answering a ton of questions just to answer them.

What Guys Said 19

• A variety of reasons - Firstly the major hitters tend to get stuck into questions about issues people are having, if you give a thoughtful long response your chances of getting MHO are higher - If you give a lot opinions it can be tough say you give a 100 in a day and 60 are awarded MHOs. You would need 12 MHOs to keep on track for a 20% MHO percentage - It is not that bad to have a low MHO percentage but it can tell people what type of user you are - Lastly yes some people can be not MHO friendly for whatever reason blunt, trolling maybe even a bit mean/negative.

• because this site is not just about giving advice. A big part of the questions are just for fun, and many people here are just to have fun, kill boredom or meet new people and not to give great advice on every question. Also, there can only be 2 MHO per question, means not everyone can have high MHO percentage.

I could easily boost my MHO percentage, but I don't care about it and I'm not here for that

• the percentage is worthless because it doesn't really say anything about your opinions.
      if I answer 20% serious questions and 80% fun questions, and I get MHO on all the serious ones where people need help with something, then my MHO will still be shitty.

Also, if you post a lot it will usually drop... it's difficult to maintain a high percentage.

• I stopped giving good advice years ago when I stopped giving a shit. I've seen the same questions ad nauseum and can't be bothered to think about every question critically. This isn't school. For those questions that I give semi-decent advice, my answer usually gets drown out in the crowd. Now that I think about it, for the amount of trolling and condescending answers I give, I'm surprised my percentage isn't lower.

• Because they give worthless advice

• They're all from Maine, though most now have indoor plumbing and professional dental care.

• After many answers it tends to drop

• I notice it takes a lot for it to go up any and it drops in no time. I get a lot of mho but have never got passed 20%

• Because it's easier to get 2 out of 5 right than 2000 out of 5000

• A lot of people answering questions so slim pickings, or the advice just simply isn't helpful to the asker.

• Cause I'm not good at giving advice 😂 LOL
    Isn't that obvious 😶?

• It's the effect of answering questions with many answers, probability goes down as respondents goes up. Then there's also bias of men and women to select MHO from he or she they may be interested in.

• I mostly just shit post now

• People don't like what I say.

• Because we say non-PC things.

• because everyone can't get mho

• Because they're not me.

• A lot of people just don't care to select MHO

• Because they dont care

• because the people receiving my advice are predominantly American, and they don't do logic nor reasoning

What Girls Said 3

• It's just averages.

If the AVERAGE question has, say, 10 responses from each sex, then, the AVERAGE MHO percentage is going to be 1% (= 1 out of 10).

If the average question has 20 responses, then, the average MHO percentage will be 5% (= 1 out of 20).

In fact, the boy-responses for THIS question, RIGHT NOW, are a pretty good illustration...
    Right now there are 12 boy responses. If there were 12 responses to EVERY question, the average MHO would be 100/12 = 8.33%.
    And there are...
    6 boys over 8.33%
    5 boys under 8.33%
    1 anon
    ... Yep. So, right now, this question is an almost perfect illustration of exactly how this works. (:

• A lot of questions are just nonsensical and fun. The people with high percentages tend to avoid answering those. Also the people with the highest rates are typically very old users and a while ago they changed the system and just awarded a whole bunch of mho to those people even though the asker didn't choose them. So it's a bit skewed.

• Perhaps some of them don't aim for MHO. Most of my answers are pretty casual