Is it just me, or is Gag turning so negative lately?

... wtf Gag.

• I've noticed too
  • I don't see it

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• Seems so, it was decent a few months ago, more actual relationship advice. Now the feed just gets clogged up with white vs black, why do all men/women do this blah blah blah.

Exactly. People are so quick to go against each other.

• I am wary to say it is more negative than before - I have had 3 accounts back to back for 16 months and I have noticed cycles on GaG - I have felt about 5 different changes 2 were good, one was a bit boring and two have gone negative.
    I think the outside world has permeated GaG - I think the polarisation of the US presidential election and the world in general has fuelled a notional conflict between white/conservative/nationalists and more liberal people. Who is right or wrong is a different debate but it has got very ugly.

• It was better in the years before 2015...

• Apart from topics about feminism, abortion, vegans, nice guys, racism, BLM, sjw, women being the weaker sex, men being assholes, trump vs hillary, religion, more men vs women... I think its great 😊

• It could be because of the downvotes making a return.

• Isn't it the same as ever?

• Try gag when you're a Muslim 😂

Yeah dude even I am embarrassed by some of the reactions. You sit there amazed "Do they actually believe this?" - I am sure a lot of the average GaG non Muslim feel same way.

@Spiorad_Aisce yess some people really believe things aren't even mentioned in Islam like honour killing which is aganist Islam , and people. Think wrong of the sharia law from the sentences point of you like the flogging and so are actually made as a warning but they never actually done to anyone even in the prophet's time unless the person himself wants it to full repent

• GAG is what you make it

• You can count on reality seeping into the online world, ya know with all the crazy stuff happening.

• I've been on GAG off and on for years, and I've noticed it in cycles. The negativity ebbs and flows.

• It's been like for a while.

• Well I've noticed that you dont see fun questions as often as you used to.

Anything less than serious is attacked for being a troll post. GaG lacks a sense of humour.

• That's people people are starting to learn that the world fucking sucks.

• I'm all about spreading positivity

• why so negative?

• It was always negative.

• Definitely, now it's all about breast/penis sizes , races, colour and ugly people club.

• Yeah I've noticed it too

• Negativity isn't any less valid than positivity so long as the feelings are genuine.

If GAG is more negative than it used to be the important question is why?

What Girls Said 15

• I miss how it was back in like 2010...

• meh, it's usually lying around, it's just become more prominent especially with touchy topics that are dividing people.

• That certainly isn't a new direction for the site. All the time I've been here it's been swamped with negativity and people trying to lash out and hurt others. It's actually pretty quiet on that front recently...

• Yeah it was much better back in August/October 2015

• I've noticed it and it makes me a bad mood. I come on here hoping to help and end up in a bad mood.

• It's GaG's that time of the month... 😁

• Lately, it's been that way for some time now

• Yep, it's so negative now... a few months ago when I just started it wasn't so negative...

• I don't know girl 😕

• Yeah. I left because of this.

• Yes but Yahoo answers is worse 😊

• It has always been that way

• Yeah, I've noticed that too. A large amount of people here both guys and girls, are just full with anger, bitterness or loneliness that makes them express whatever they feel to innocent users. I am so tired with some repetitive rants here such as :

1. Black and White issues, racism
    2. Islam and terrorism
    3. Boobs/penis size
    4. Feminism
    5. Shaming others for being virgin/non-virgin
    6. Nice vs bad boys
    7. Circumcision... I can go on and on but the MOST annoying one is the tagging questions. Like tag users who you think is the most attractive, sexy, hot, etc...(though most of the time the average people would get complimented more lol oh well)

I used to see a lot of useful and thoughtful questions/answers but now it makes me to think whether I should stay or leave.

• I just got here and I realized how negative it is. The guy I'm dating left this site and that was one of the reasons. I'm anonymous all the time and I've heard people here have a hatred towards people being anonymous on here. Some users tend to have a nerve and comment negativity on my opinons..

• Yeahhhh