Do you feel that most of the advice given from users on this site is complete shit?

I'm starting to feel that way. Most of the time, it seems that people answer questions with advice that wasn't really well thought through at all. Or they are answered by people who want to sound smart, but they don't know what the hell they're talking about, nor have they actually had any experience on the topic at all. What's worse is I'll see answers like, "Well, I've never been in that situation before." Or, "I don't have an answer for you, good luck."

One such experience I had was when I asked if it would be good to send a text message to a girl I who flaked on our date and was acting very strange; to ask her if she was having second thoughts about everything, and that I don't do games. I got an overwhelming number of members telling me No, because it would come off as desperate. I ignored the advice and texted her anyway. It worked out for the best because she didn't appreciate how flaky she was looking to me and explained everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree completely, but some users just aren't helpful. That could be because they don't care, just want the points, don't know the situation well enough, or want to troll. It could be a combination of those things, too, of course.

I haven't asked a serious advice question in a long time. However, I have spoken with users here and there about things I'm going through. In those moments, they've been respectful and helpful. You might just need to find a handful of people you like, respect, and trust to discuss things with if the questions you post don't provide enough insight.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think sometimes it's rather their plain opinion than their advice

What Girls Said 10

• I think that a lot of people do the best they can with the experiences they have. Whether or not those experiences apply to your situation is kind of impossible for anyone but you to know.

I won't discredit this site entirely as good advice has been given to me from time to time. But I think a vast majority of it is just noise. There's a lot of people on here who are mentally equipped enough only to answer questions about their favorite color.

LMFAO haaaaarsh!

• Yep. I try to be legit and helpful as possible but if I don't know anything or think someone else can answer it better, I just leave it alone. Then again this website attracts a lot of weirdos with problems or issues that don't know how to handle life themselves. It's no surprise there are a multitude of people here trying to offer guidance that really shouldn't be giving it at all, especially young people that don't know wth their talking about. It's a public space so some things should be taken with a grain of salt.

• For most questions, you'll get just as much shit advice as you will get good advice.
    The thing with advice, though, is to remember that it's not a magic potion. 'Good advice' is not advice that will follow through with guaranteeing that the situation works out as you wish it to. It's advice that considers all the variables at play, and will minimize the potential amount of losses on your part.

So yeah, on average, maybe most girls would see a guy who texts them non-stop, even when they're not replying, as desperate and creepy. You might've simply gotten lucky and this girl was an outlier to the norm.

communicating for clarification =/= texting non-stop

Yes, at the time I wanted to know why she was acting flaky and had a feeling she was playing games. So I asked a question on G@G asking if it was OK to ask that question via text. I don't know where you got the idea I was texting her non-stop.

In your question write up, you mentioned that you would text her about several things, more than just about her flakiness, so I assumed you would send her multiple texts about more than one question you had.

• advice, maybe yes.
    However I have to say that sometimes the advice has led into some really long ranging, very engaging and revealing conversations PM. I have even made one or two connections with people that I could call friends.

• lmao take opinions with a grain of salt here especially cuz there are so many trolls around here
    but then again, I also give shit advice so maybe you shouldn't listen to me...

• I don't think having experience means you know what you're talking about lol The people in my family who are decides older than me have given me awful advice over and over and wrecked themselves. But there are some really odd answers on here, sure. But in my experience, talking to people who are more open minded by not having a history with whatever, they can give awesome advice.

• I only really trust the opinions of a handful of people tbh lol. But that handful has given me tons of helpful advice

• Nah.

• i agree to an extent, some people dont know what the fuck theyre talking about and say shit they dont even understand

• I get some really good answers on here

What Guys Said 11

• it is the nature of an advice sight you will have full range of solutions offered - Here would be my approach "Should I do X, Y or Z?" ( I am kinda favouring Y) - People answer ( Some people are making good points about X) - Weigh up people's views on X against your view of Y - Which seems best for me, I will go with that one.

• I try my best not to be like that. But you do have a point.

• It's the internet and you're getting information from people whose only context for your problems is a paragraph, what did you expect?

• You must be new to gag 😂

• You are right; But personally, I'm more terrified about those mho % rates.

There is some good advice here, some.

• Naw from what I've learned from this sight i must say most is useful but some of them are a little crzy

• No, some users give pretty well answers, in depth. Now there douchebags everywhere ofcourse.

• Yes.

• Sometimes.

• id say its about 50/50

• I know that is me you're calling me out.. I truly apologize for my shitty advice.