People beware, I think a virus is going round on this site

the past few times I've been around on this site I've had a few attacts hit my computer, thank goodness I have an antivirus that blocks it, now and then a page pops up saying multi antiviuses are attacking your computer, scanning now and says it will fix it, click off it straite away, its another virus.

becareful people, I get this mostly on the sexual questions so I'm putting it there

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, that could be. I've been getting pop-ups on this site for the first time ever, for the last few days. I never let it load completely before closing it, so I don't know if it's the same pop-up you're referring to. But it probably is. Hopefully no one ends up clicking on it, and hopefully anyone who does has an adequate anti-virus program. I'm set in that aspect, so I'm not worried.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• Thanks for your feedback. We always appreciate our users' input!

Please refer to the answer below posted by 'GirlsAskGuys' (male user). This is a complete explanation as to pop ads you may be seeing.

Thanks again!

LondonPrincess

GirlsAskGuys.com Team

• Thanks for the warning. I had something like this (from this site) a while ago. It said I had a virus and then it said I should click something so that the virus would be taken care of. I did nothing and restarted the computer and my computer has been fine.

• thanks for the warning. usually norton tells me if there's something wrong with the site I'm on...so far this hasn't happened on this site just yet

• that sucks

thanks for the heads up

What Guys Said 3

• Hello,

A few months ago one of the ad agencies we work with has a spammy advertiser where it was asking you to buy an antivirus program. Even though this was not a virus(it was trying to make you think that there is a virus on your computer) it was very very annoying. We found the advertiser and removed them immediately, won't be working with them ever again.

For the pop under ad you are seeing, those are legitimate advertising. It will show only once and if you are not interested you can close it. There is no virus or any type of spam involved with these pop under advertisements. Hope this clears things up a bit.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks

Mike

GirlsAskGuys Team

• Thank you

• Wat was it called?

• Hello TayTay39, the advertisement did not have a specific name but it was asking you to buy an antivirus software after displaying you a fake page that was posing as your computer is infected. This advertisement is removed from GirlsAskGuys already(they day we posted the answer above).

Thanks

• Not the first time this happened on this site!

Thanks for the warning. I hope they listen this time.

• Interesting...

Thanks for the heads up.