Should we be able to edit posts?

I find if very annoying that you can't edit a post to correct typos.

I understand that it can cause issues once someone goes back and deletes a post. But I think for at least the first several min after it is posted have the ability to edit it.

• yes unlimited editing
  • for a limited time
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I've been wanting that for the longest time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but only for a limited time. Unlimited editing gives some plenty of chances to troll.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd like to be able to, but there is the concern of how some users would take advantage of the feature and troll more.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes we should be able to edit, but I propose a limit (3-4 hours) - that time limitation should be enough for people to notice any kind of typos or grammatical errors.

• Yes but only till first comment or vote on poll - With edit you can change inference of post with all the comments and votes not changing.

• Nope, if I make a question "should gay marriage be legal? " And it gets 90% "yes" votes,
    And I am in the mood to troll and change the question to "should pedophilia be legal?"
    Then apparently 90% of people voted yes?

well then you should be able to edit it if no one has responded or voted.. problem solved

yes yours, you dont want to edit posts, so dont.. problem solved. and you dont want people changing the question after people have voted or commented.. so make a rule that you can't edit after that.. again problem solved
      everything would be the same for you so why would you care if someone else spots a typo and changes it in time before someone votes or comments?

Because the chances are , if you didn't spot a mistake while typing , you won't until someone points out. How can someone point out? By answering your question, but then it will be too latelas your question already has an opinion so you cannot edit.