How do you feel about G@G most of the time?

I've noticed a lot of well-known g@gers who have recently left, whether it be because of personal issues, or because g@g has affected their state of mind. Some have took breaks and came back after a certain period of time due to negativity.

I've took a break or two myself as well due to reasons like that. Yeah I know it's just a website and that you shouldn't take it seriously but sometimes social media can affect a person in a positive or negative way. I want to know how G@G has affected you. I'm collecting data for a myTake I plan to write in the future. :)

• G@G has made me happier (because of the people I have met).
  • G@G has made me angry (because of the negative topics and subject matter).
  • G@G has made me insecure (because of the rate me questions and other things).
  • G@G has made me sad (negative topics and subject matter)
  • I've had mixed feelings about G@G over the years.
  • G@G hasn't really affected me much.
  • G@G has made me feel another emotion.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm on a lot these days. 15-20m studying 15-20m of GAG. Repeat. GAG doesn't have any impact on me though. I mean if I took what others told about me from a literal standpoint I'd probabaly be manically depressed because so many users hate me on here lmao.

It's just the internet and I stay on because I talk to a few cool users on here.. ask dating questions here and there.. love discussing politics and debating. Like to make people laugh. Always have a tab of IG/FB/GAG loaded up on my laptop. No way this website would affect my personal life though.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a good website as long as you maintain a affective distance. If I let myself get too close to it I get upset, but if I take a kind of ironic participant-observer approach I can engage with it in a healthy way. I always say I am here to observe the heterosexuals in their home enviornment. That's kind of true, but mostly I like it because it forces me to think about things I wouldn't normally think about; I always have to address my ideas from different angles, and that creates deeper understanding. My real-life friends and I all share mostly the same views, so there is a limited potential for intellectual growth, it's one thing I get here.

Despite the fact that I use this website to grow intellectually, I am constantly calling the users of this website imbeciles, idiots, assholes, etc... That's part of that ironic distance I'm talking about :P I have to degrade them enough that I dont care about what they have to say, so when they start screaming offensive shit at me at the top of their lungs, which they will, I don't care. It actually doesn't phase me, because I don't see them as worthwhile human beings, who's opinions I care about, I see them as 'one of those girlsaskguys imbeciles'

Here's the thing: that sucks. You don't want people who use your website to see each other in such a degradig way. But that's how I feel that I *have* to see them in order to engage with the website, and when I slip out of that and allow myself to get close, the website is brutally damaging. I think it's like that largely because of the websites design, and that's a problem. The users of this website aren't *actually* imbeciles, idiots, assholes, etc. The website is just designed to bring out the worst in people. Because the website lives or dies by its ability to produce discussions and the easiest discussions to produce are arguments. Think about it for a second: girlsaskguys pitch is that it's like Yahoo! Answers, specifically focused on the differences between men and women, where you can *reply* to someone's answer. It's DESIGNED to provoke arguments.

Another thing: women's answers on this website are mostly fairly awful. I'm not saying that in a misogynist way. If you look at the male and female answers on most questions, you'll find that the men tend to take strong positions and bring a lot of their personalities forward, and the women write only the tamest messages possible, and try and reduce themselves as much as they can. If you (continued in comments)...

• actually talk to the female users here, you'll find a variety of bold personalities, strong opinions and interesting characters as you do with the male users - actually, the female users are a lot MORE interesting than the male ones. But women on this website are beaten down SO HARD by men for expressing even the most modest views, or daring to act knowledgeable about any particular topic, that they are forced to reduce themselves to near-anonymitiy in order to survive.

The website's real pitch is more or less this: men have an unlimited amount of passive real-life women to yell at and abuse in an enviornment where there are zero reprecussions.

We badly need a lezsep 'girlsaskgirls' 2k16

What Guys Said 24

• GAG hasn't affected me at all. It's just a website, it doesn't affect my life. I'm here when I procrastinate or I'm bored, or during breaks and stuff.
    I've gotten in several arguments here but it has never affected my personal life. I don't know these people, so I don't care.

• I don't know any of these people either but they still make me feel shitty especially with all the racists on here

• You should just learn to ignore. To forget about everything about GAG when you log off.

• I'm not affected by negativity from gag. I find people's thoughts and behaviors fascinating, whether negative or not. Gag has been an insight into many peoples more sincere feelings and opinions. Most people try to hide their feelings in professional and public settings. I appreciate the honesty.

I don't get emotional about political or cultural issues outside of gag either. I have some opinions, but I understand why others have their (even when I don't agree).

• It's the place where dreams go to die.

• Happier, i've learned my life isn't so bad after all lol.

And a couple of awesome people here and there.

• it's a mixed bag. I met awesome people on here, which is great. It also helped me with some things... on the other side the massive amount of idiots, trolls, racists or just stupid people on here drives me nuts and I waste way too much time on this site.

• It ebs and flows. The worst problem is that no one answers my important questions.

• Pretty sad. Not sad cause it makes me depressed (kinda), but sad to realize that there are people who are actually so incredibly stupid... And don't even realize it

• I've met some cool people, and had some great conversations. I hope that I have helped some, entertained others and pissed off the ones that deserve it.

Yes sometimes it gets to me too, but people online are still people.

• I might be in the minority, but I actually like women more since I joined G@G. Lol. I've met some really cool people here.

To answer your question, I never let the internet affect me (including G@G). Once I log off, it's out of my mind.

• Really? Everyone on here hates women lol

• I agree that most do, but I'm not one of them. I actually communicate with several woman on here on other platforms. That was never my intention when I signed up. It sorta just happened ;)

• Gag has most def made me happier. The only good friend I communicate with at all is from here.

• I do get some negative feelings about GaG but option A outweighs all of them.

• It doesn't really affect me much. It's just a place where I come whenever I don't have anything better to do.

• Well, When I argue with people on here, they often turn out to have ridicuous notions, like that an argument is only valid if I'm the one who came up with it. I have the same problem on deviantart.

• I've browsed some pretty weird places on the internet so i am not easily shocked. but some people here are over the top with their questions and answers.

• GAG is a good place to waste time but then if it wasn't GAG, it would probably be something else.

• It's like reality TV or something, it's pretty dumb and kind of ridiculous but you keep watching! lol

• I enjoy GAG i find it interesting and met some nice people also I've learnt quite a bit to

• I really don't care that much, lol...

• I'd say mixed feelings.

• Well I managed to chat with others. :P.

• dont care

• i just get on here due to boredom, however you asker, are one of my faves :)

• I have mixed feelings about it

• Well I'm neutral... It did affect before but it doesn't anymore

What Girls Said 23

• I'm not here too often but when I do I look for advice or to give advice. I do experience too much negativity sometimes, you come here and open up as you're looking for advice and some people just love to be harsh about it. That does get to me a little and I feel like asking for advice like that may cause more stress and negativity rather than helping. Of course there are really wise people on here as well, credit to all of them but there are a lot of weirdos, I'm sorry.. I have this one specific anonymous who always leaves negative comments on my questions. Then there are these questions that just makes me want to close this site and not come back for a while.

• GaG back in the day was SO fun. I had a lot more friends then :) Plus the other section was lit, oh my god, I had some of the best laughs with the craziness.

Now, the other section is less lit... less funny... less witty... a lot of repetitive feminism, gender roles, and ethnic battles, BS. And the trolls, the same question over and over "Do white girls like Indian guys?" "Why don't Hispanic women like black men?" "Is this small?"

That being said, this place hasn't negatively affected me... I just think there are a LOT more assholes, sexists, racists, and thick skulled people than before. I won't let them affect me deep down.

• "Ugh,, this fucking site. So stupid. Such a waste of time. *Spends 5 hours straight just reading questions"
    Or
    "This annoying little shit again. What an idiot. There's no point in even responding to these morons. *Has full blown war with them anyway*"

• It hasn't affected me enough to say that it's "life altering", although I have met a very nice friend here whom I talk to, share and confide in on a pretty regular basis.
    I also like hearing (reading) and getting insights from others about many different things; it has certainly helped opened my eyes and mind to see things from different points of view.

• I'm still fine with the website. I don't take it too seriously, which helps.

• I have become more and more angry with gag.

• I'm not on as often because of work. Can't be on gag at work unless I choose to on lunch lol. And when I'm home I just wanna sleep lol
    Gag is fine, lots of aspects bother me but whatever. lol Fun place to kill time.

• It's a place for people to be the bitches they wish they could be in real life.

• Basically GaG makes me laugh and shake my head every day. The only really "bad" thing is that I spend too much time here while procrastinating more important things. 🙋

• Gag hasn't really affected me much at all.

• Gag made me realise how ugly and average I am.
    Gag made me realise how dumb and naive I really am. Gag made me realise that the amount of racists left in the world hasn't changed. Gag made me realise that I am no good.
    Gag made me angry because gag hurt me.
    Yes I took several breaks until I realised I became a stronger person mentally. Gag makes me feel strong.

• Lately it's been B. But I guess overall, I have mixed feelings.

• positive, i like it

• Mixed emotions really, but at the end of the day it's just a site and does not affect my everyday life.

• Gag hasn't affected me.

• hmm it opened my mind on some stuff

• Sometimes I use the site less when it seems like the content is repetitive or just plain depressing.

• it is stressing so I will take a litlle break maybe 2 or 3 weeks

• It doesn't affect me. Facebook did though and I've since deactivated

• It hasn't really affected me.

• I do get mad sometimes but it's not like it's uncontrollable anger. Lol

• Im just here to kill time till I go away in a couple of weeks.

• I feel like it has gotten more negative which makes me angry when I got on here. I report some hostile opinions that have antagonistic, nonsense, and suicidal tendencies in them and they don't go away after I report them. I honestly blame the admins for not removing them. Maybe that's so many people left... Like wtf.

• I bet you've reported me dozens

• @BeerFarts No I didn't see you post such opinions.

• That's because I don't take the internet that seriously, pink anon. I basically just goof off and (try) to give solid advice when I'm not goofing around ;p

By the way, I agree with you so you get an up vote from me :)