Is G@G giving you a virus?

When the G@G page loads, it also loads a bunch of ads, and I think it's giving me a popup ad malware called yxo. warmportrait.

It only happens on G@G, and nowhere else. If I clean it, it's fine for a few days, and then it comes back, and I get it back from G@G. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Most Helpful Guy

• The cot yo buy an exploit where you could completely silently install something just by viewing it on a webpage with no interaction whatsoever was over $10,000 if it was found. Highly unlikely it's gag.

The yxo. warmportrait. com pop-ups are caused by an ad-supported extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, which is distributed through various monetization platforms during installation. The malicious browser extensions is typically added when you install another free software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this adware program. Something that feigns being a video player update? Very possible, unlikely to be hidden from most AV though.

You basically downloaded something from cnet or a similar bs site and didn't click "do not install additional softare" or it installed regardless of what you chose.

Then why is it only happening on G@G and nowhere else? I never had this issue because I joined G@G.

Internet says it's a browser hijack plugin, check your plugins/extensions or try another web browser to see if it does the same. Honestly I never see what ads are being loaded with adblock, so not sure what you're referring to there.

Tanx, did you manage to remove it?

What Girls Said 7

• Which pages are you seeing the ad on? If you can take a screenshot of the ad, that would be very helpful as well in order for us to identify it and figure out if there is an issue. You can send screenshots to help@girlsaskguys. com.

I have adblock plus addon, so I can't see the ads themselves. But when I visit G@G homepage, it shows it's loading a bunch of different popup sites.

When I click on a blank space on the G@G page or within any questions asked on G@G, the pop up ads start popping up. I only get this from the G@G website, and nowhere else.

• Try loading in read only?

• I haven't had any issues thankfully.

• I don't get anything like that, but every time I log on here it switches to a page telling me I need to update Firefox, even though I'm already running the latest version... and it only happens when I log onto this site

• Nope, i use an ad blocker...

• Gag has ads? I literally never see any pop ups.

• Nope not yet

What Guys Said 4

• I am over level 7 so get no ads - Also if you post 20 opinions in a day you get next 24 hours ad free from 20th opinion

• You probably already had the virus it has just chosen GAG for the website to mess with you on. So you think that it is the website and not a virus in your cpu.

I have a few antivirus/animalware cleanres, and my computer is clean. This started happening literally when I joined G@G.

Viruses are in Ram/Hdd/Ssd... Not cpu lol.

@posted I abbreviated computer with cou

• Nah you should probably get some antivirus cos mine says that gag is safe.

• i have ad block plus so i dont see ads on any website i visit. so i suggest downloading it and installing it helps a lot

I have that too, but yxo. warmportrait penetrates AdBlockPlus.