I'm new on this website, how does someone "Following you" affects you?

It just said a random person ( I have no idea who he is or why is he following me ) follows me, how does it affects me?

Most Helpful Guy

• They will be notified when you post a question (if they have that option turned on) and your opinions will show above everyone else's on questions you have answered.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! Welcome to GirlsAskGuys! Followers are site members who seem to have liked your advice and decided to follow you, so that next time when you post a question, an opinion, a reply, or a take, they will see your activity on their Live Feed (if they have filtered the feed to see users they follow).

Similarly, if you follow other members, you can see their activity in the Feed. It also allows other users to send you private messages if you have checked the setting to allow private messages only from users you are following. If you have your profile set to "Private," only users you are following can see your profile details. When you follow a user, their opinions will also appear at the top of the opinions section when you are viewing a question (if they do not post anonymously).

Please check out the FAQ for all site-related information like this. :) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

What Guys Said 5

• It gives you exper points and is someone that likes your advice or questions and maybe even wants to befriend you. It lets the follower keep up with who they're following

• Do they get notified even if I ask anonymous question like this?

• I'm not sure on that. I don't think so

• Them following you affects you in no way, except that they will see your activity in their live feed. That's about it.

• normally any person follow you or you follow them coz he/she found their question or opinions interesting or want some chats that's all

• I don't know. If someone follows me then it doesn't affect me as such.

• Someone following you is okay but if you have your mail settings to only receive message from people you follow, don't follow a person until you trust them. A lot of people use following to filter their feed.

• Nono, I was followed, I couldn't care less about following :)

What Girls Said 2

• I have Many who have been Following me for over Two years and Many who just Like what I have to offer, as far as Helping Others goes here, dear. I have just a handful though who is really just Family and Friends.
    However, I have a Private Setting that doesn't Allow them to Follow me anymore until I open the Door... And see what they are all about or Who is Following them.
    It can Affect you later on if you See that a Male gagger Sometimes has More in Store than Meets the Eye and you end up Blocking him.
    Other than that, by Accepting Followers and do Following he accumulates or it can, and to be Honest, we all don't chat.
    Good luck and Good going. xx

• It just means they get notified when you post a question. If you want to, you can set your profile to private so that people have to request to follow you.