Would you let your (under 18) teenager have an account on gag?

Just curious to see other views. Teens, do your parents know you're here? Parents/non parents, would you let your teen be here? What would be your age limit?

I'm pretty close with my mom, and we discussed gag the other day actually. At first she didn't like the idea of me being here, but she was fine with it at the end of the discussion. She even said that she's actually thinking of making an account herself 😳

Most Helpful Guy

• As if me letting or prohibiting it would change anything lol
    Probably ask about how the site is , see what's the fuzz is about, tell kiddo to stay safe on the internet and then let him/her be.

Parents think they can just "ban" things , if my kid were to stop doing something just because I said no , I'd be very disappointed :P

• This! 🙌🏼😂 You'll be a great parent, mr former-illusiveman👍🏼

Thanks for the MHG ;3

No problem :)!

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as they are responsible and mature and actually use it for its purpose, yes I would. I became a member when I was 18 and I believe that having more teens on this site can be good because adults are adults and teens bring more variety to everything.

What Guys Said 18

• Depends on her age, and the maturity level they have. I don't want my 13 y/o kid in this site cause they don't know very much about sex and other people, so the last thing I want is for them to think what people say here is true.
    I also don't want my daughter to think guys in real life are like most guys on here, just like I don't want my son to think girls in real life are like most girls on here.

I think for an immature and young kid, this site can be very negative. For a 16 y/o teen I think is fine, cause I hope that by that age, s/he knows that she doesn't have to believe everything she sees online, and that most of the people you meet online aren't trustworthy and they do not represent the people in real life.

• By the way, do not let your mother create an account, cut the wifi if needed, I don't wanna meet the mother in law through the Internet... ;P

• Yeah I agree. I think it's up to every parent to know what their kid can handle 👍🏼

Lmao, at least she'll know who you are 😂😉

• If it were a daughter then no. I've seen the screenshotted messages that some of these girls get lol. Nothing but a bunch of fucking weirdos on here.

• True, but you can get those kinds of messages pretty much anywhere and everywhere on the Internet or social media/kik and stuff 😁

• There is no denying that there is an overabundance of them populated on this website though lol. A good majority of them hang out here.

• I would rather they were on here than other places. If I was a parent, I would have to trust them and I might ask could I join site to have a look around. When I looked around I would ask them to stay away from the really sexual talk. Everything else would be good up to talking about first time sexually but get a handle on the responsibilities, emotions and practicalities of a relationship for starters. Don't learn to swim in the deep end of the pool.

• I say sure, I don't see a legitimate reason to not allow her. I would just remind her about internet safety.

• My parents never cared where I have an account and I turned out well. I am planning to do the same and trust that my kid isn't an imbecile.

• My parents don't care
    Will you be comfortable of she'll use GaG?

• Lol nah, I mean I already tell her a lot of stuff but I think it would be awkward. That's why I asked another question to see if someone has had a similar experience :P

• Yep that's what I thought
      Oh and tell me her username if she'll join so that I can impress her :P

• I would, there are so many worse places. GaG isn't even bad, I like it here and I think that not letting a teen have an account is pointless.

• It'd be up to them. Due to creeps here however I'd keep an eye on my daughter lol

• Fuck your mom's gonna make an account? 😮😮

I'd let my teen on here. My parents where not controlling with anything such as like Internet or tv and I turned out fine

• I dont have a kid but if I did I wouldn't, to much sexual talk.

• No, they don't and they never will know about it! Not that she wouldn't be cool with it, but just one of those things don't ask don't tell

• Yeah, they don't know and they wouldn't be accepting of it either. I would let my teen child have an account.

• My first concern is, with what face will i let him/her know that I have an account on GAG or I even know about GAG.

• Only if feed goat
    Then have nasty computer time

• I would it's not that bad on here

• i would i probably be too laid back as a parent

• its fine as long as she or he behaves, this site can be both good and bad and there are plenty of under 18 year olds here.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• Yes I would.

On the one hand I would prefer they came to me but there are some things best handled with strangers.

Also, gag teaches internet awareness.

• I hate to sound sexist but if I had a daughter? I definitely wouldn't. There's too many creeps on this site.

Sorry guys.

As for my son? I'd be more likely to keep an eye on him.

• As long as the kid learned their values from my household and their upbringings and experiences, I wouldn't mind it. As long as it doesn't get in the way of school and a normal social life

• Yeah I would. My parents don't know about this but no one I know irl knows about it either, it's my own little world.

• Lol my parents don't know I am here but they DO know that I am on a site where I can get rewards for answering and asking questions. (That was not the reason I joined GaG though, I didn't know you could get rewards only a few weeks ago).

• My mother knows, and she's fine with it.

• Yeah I would if she was 16 or 17 and mature. But I will not let her use her real name or face, there are some real weirdos on here man...

• i would. I dont think mine would like me to though.

• Yes I would :)

• I wouldn't like my daughter to receive so many sexual messages

• Here? 😂😂
    I don't think so 😕😕

• Why's that?

• Yeah I understand, I guess it is up to every parent to know their kid, to know if they can handle it or not.

• Exactly 😊👍🏻

• I think it is fine. My mom wouldn't care if she knew

• My mom doesn't know that I have a gag account at all, to be honest. Not like she'd care or anything.

• Yes, but both of my kids are adults now

• Nah, she doesn't know. I'd be taken off the web if she knew I had this account

• I mean why not?

• Some people think gag contains of many sexual questions, that the environment doesn't suit teenagers

• I mean ur 16 I already lost my virginity by that age so you're basically an adult

• Yeah I think so too. I mean I've lost my virginity as well. But I wanted to see what other people think.

• My parents do not know and if they did they would freak because of how much sex talk is on here.