Has anyones opinion on here ever changed your mind on something?

race, politics, men/women, etc, etc

1mo Wow

Most Helpful Guy

• No, never.

What Guys Said 12

• probably a year ago there was conversation about the death penalty. i said i supported it in favor of citizens being forced to pay (via their taxes) for a life of imprisonment for a criminal

a responder actually showed evidence that in a lot of cases it is cheaper to keep a criminal in prison for life than execute them

so it made me change my mind to an extent

how is it cheaper to keep a criminal than to execute them?

@Buhinluv because of the legal matters. it isn't always more expensive to execute but when a person is sentenced to death there is almost always appeals to higher courts and higher courts. so that means tax payers pay into the millions in court fees, legal fees, and the incarceration during what can be years of appeals

• I got owned in a couple of discussions, one of my early ones was by a 14 year old and ever since I always defend the under 18s on the site.

• Hard to say. I think I may have gradually soaked in ideas over time, but I wouldn't say there was a single opinion that changed everything.

• their opinions? no
    but talking to some people via pm or outside of gag has

• Nope. Someone tried to sell me on how tasty brownies are and I wasn't buying it. Lol.

• yeah a little bit

• It only gives me perspective

• Now that I think about it. ... NO! lol

• Politics yes, through here I learned being full on liberal isn't the best thing to do.

• I'm not here to be changed. I'm here to give the truth.

• No never

• I'm sure some of comments here have affected some ideas normally

What Girls Said 7

• Not necessarily, but it's given me new perspectives to think of in certain situations. I've also learned a few things here, too.

• No, but it gave me thicker skin.

• Yep About this one thing.

• yes my teacher

• Yep, definitely. I used to hate other girls, its not a jealousy thing, its more that I got a lot of hate from them. One night I met this girl that was really, really nice to me. She told me something I would never forget " I don't understand why girls hate each other, especially if girls hate other good looking girls, we're all sisters we should look out for each other." After she said that, she shifted my perspective, and made me realize we should all look out for each other, cause we really all are sisters.

• Yes, though it's the internet, I believe many people are more honest to voice out whatever they feel they can't, IRL. It makes me upset more than happy.

• Yes, of course.