Is it true that G@G would ban people before they pay out on their gift cards?

Not that I ever abuse my account or anything like that, nor am I even close to a gift card, but I see an awful lot of guys on this site talking about it. Is this true? I like using this site. I'd rather not get banned in the future because I decided to redeem XPER points.

I'm just asking for verification, not making any accusations. Please hold off on being defensive.

1mo I'm just restating what I read from others.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol no, of course not. Users redeem their points for gift cards every day. The only way a user would have their account cancelled by us is if they were consistently violating our posting guidelines. :)

So if I post something once* and it gets taken down for being a "nonsense" post, how long/how badly will that count against me?

If someone is consistently violating the guidelines, we send out warnings to let them know what's going on. By the looks of it, you don't have anything to worry about. :)

Thanks for the reassurance!

Most Helpful Guy

• Is there really anything credible to verify that they would do such? Otherwise it's just that, it's just rumors that are made up and not based on anything credible or substantially evident.

It's really just people on this site mentioning it when they share opinions. There's no way to know if it's credible because they don't generally disclose if they have been reported or had things taken down when they say it. That's why I asked this question. I would hope more people would know about this.

Well they must have spammed or trolled or done something really wrong and pissed someone off enough here that they got reported for it and then got themselves banned. Any proof they never did ANYTHING wrong at all in the first place. Chances are they could have use Anonymous and did a whole bunch of trolling and harassing posts and responses to other GAGers' questions.

• 30d

Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 8

• I've never heard of that before. I've heard of people leaving after getting a gift card but that's about it.

• Uhhh, no, haha. I've redeemed points for four different Amazon gift cards. I haven't been banned yet. ;P

• That's funny because I just saw a dude on here last night (for the first time actually) saying that. I was like if that's true that's pretty shitty, haha

• Nah, that's bullshit. Was that GAGhacksYourAccount telling you that? Dude's fucking insane.

• Of course, GAG doesn't care about you wanting a gift card.

• That's a really disgusting rumour and completely untrue. Don't get me wrong, GaG has done a couple of things I disagreed with throughout the years, but as far as I know they have never done that. They only ban people who violate the guidelines a lot.

• Never heard of this happening. Yes people get banned all the time for misusing the site but not because GAG doesn't want to shell out rewards...

• No it's a myth

What Guys Said 8

• can't imagine that's true

i guess i shouldn't say i CAN'T imagine it rather i DON'T imagine thats's true. if it were i'd imagine it would be discussed more frequently

• No, I don't think so.

• That sounds like an urban internet myth to me - I have redeemed loads of gift cards no problems over 3 accounts and 97,000 points.

• Complete bs

• no they dont

• I heard about this.

• Yes. They've done it multiple times to me.

I don't care because I don't talk to people on here for gift cards, but they definitely do it a lot.

When I was banned the first time the excuse they used was spamming. There were no prior warnings on that account. I've never market anything on this site and have never sent messages to users with the exception people I use to talk to as friends. It was just bad business by them. Shortly after they purged a large portion of their population that time they raised the rates for their cars.

Since then I don't care about respecting any of their rules. They can remove whatever they want. They damaged their brand association so now they have to live with it...

*cards

• that's funny

I suppose so, but I assumed that it was because it didn't make any financial sense, and they were losing more than they were gaining. From a business standpoint, it would make more sense, would't it?

not if the change a year ago fixed the balance. frankly they just need to encourage higher CPM topics