What causes people to down vote?

What causes people to down vote?

Most Helpful Girl

• If they don't like your opinion, or sometimes I've noticed it's because they personally don't like you.
    I've gotten down voted on the most innocent, non-controversial opinions. It's their passive aggressive way to get back at you while not actually having to talk it out, cuz it's too hard for basement dwellers.

What Guys Said 28

• I've found humor doesn't translate well on GaG, on through text in general. Then you have the odd blue/pink anon who downvotes everything out of principle.

• Not liking your opinion, or not personally liking you. Personally, I couldn't give two shits about down votes or upvotes. I mean, am I gaining points or losing points if I'm being up voted or downvoted? No. You shouldn't feel that way either.

Now if we can see who up voted or downvoted you, then it would mean a lot more. However, G@G knows that this is a recipe for disaster so they won't take that chance. Haha.

They should make it into a game! Like guess who down voted you? 😯😁!!! If you get it right you get a point!!! 😂😂😁!!!

Sooooo... Guess who down voted you 😛!!! 🙈👽!!!

And what? You're mirin? Hi🙋mirin!!! 😁😁!!!

@Errhh, you make a bigger deal out of the votes than me. Hehehe. It looks like two humanoids are in agreement :)

And yes, I stay mirin' them down votes ;p

• @akadatank44 you always cause problems 😂😂😂

• I very rarely notice if I have been downvoted, I have more important things to worry about - Honestly I couldn't give a flying f*** about peoples' downvotes.

• I dunno maybe SJW? :v heh heh heh shower me with hate bioches!! I need more for my coffee cup. :v
    i1.kym-cdn.com/.../56b.jpg

• In this case, I have no idea. Apparently you have haters lol

• People are weird.

• I don't use that shit 😶

• Stupidity, or if they are trolling badly, or if they make a pun that is so bad that it necessitates a downvote.

• They see you rolling, they hatin'...

• they down vote you because they can't come up with an argument to use against yours most of the time.

• What was the question?

• I always get a few downvotes from women when I comment on racial matters. It's probably the same ones on every question.

• I said I love life on one posts like 10 minutes ago and got a bunch of downvotes lol.

• Because they agreed with what you have to say.

• No idea. People have different views and opinions

• The very basic reason I was, and I always will be against the stupid anonymous down vote concept of GAG.

• A fat chick in their profile pic.

• KEYBOARD WARRIORS!

• who knows in this case.

• Down vote everyone!

HISSSSSSSSSS!

• Because you're a bad poster

• Depends on what the question was. Maybe they think you're a sloot.

• When you have just taken a shit but you haven't wiped your butthole well

• i dont know..

sometimes i say things that aren't even inflammatory and i still get down voted.

i think people do it to be trolls sometimes

• I don't know why in your case lol

• I downvote when I disagree but don't want to start a whole discussion about it.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• They likely just don't like you or they can't pick up on the humor. I had my most basic comments downvoted to hell for no apparent reason other than people don't like me or they don't get that I'm joking.

• I think the return of the downvote has made some users downvote crazy. They missed out on being able to use that feature for months, so they go around and downvote whatever. There are people that do it just because (though I don't get that), because they dislike you, or because they don't like whatever you have had to say.

• I think it depends.

For awhile, before I set my profile to private (mainly because of how many weirdos were on it), I had a disgruntled girl who didn't like my answer to her question and who had about 9 fake accounts go around disliking my answers with all of them. The most humorous part was when she used all of them to reply "I agree" or "Couldn't have said it better" to her rude comments on my opinions. Hmm... I don't think it's a coincidence that I kept getting 9 down votes, there were 9 accounts bashing me who all had similar names and were either 29 or 30, and all had the same typing style.

Some people simply down vote out of a difference of opinion, even if it's something small.

Then there are people who down vote because the opinion is rude, unhelpful, or gives bad advice. This is what I use it for.

• lol If they are not Down voting, they are Commenting.
    Good luck. xx

• Generally if they say something stupid like "No, virgin hunter, you didn't molest that girl. You got her drunk so she would make out with you, and you took her far away from where she lived, but it's not your fault you touched her in ways she didn't like or want. You are blameless in this situation. Women are such liars."

• Most of the time they disagree with your opinion or feel like you're being offensive. There are also people who do it just because they personally don't like you. You can say something like 'the sky is blue, cars have wheels' and still get downvoted.

• I rarely ever downvote. People use this as a way of disagreeing.

• Personally I rarely notice if someone has down voted me.

• They're haters

• I don't know. I never use it.

• The cause can either when someone disagrees with you or they don't like your opinion.

• Stupidity