Do I have a right to be angry from not getting the $100 amazon gift card from the GAG video contest they only gave me $50 and did I get screwed over?

• Yes you got screwed over
  • you did but at least they still gave you something
  • No you didn't get screwed over even though this is the first time something like this has happened in GAG history and it just so happened to be you
  • I'd sue them if I were you
2mo I was the only entry and I won but even though I won I still only got the 2nd place prize which was $50 instead of 100 lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely you got ripped off plain and simple. They promised GAG members that amount of cash in Amazon gift cards for placing those positions in the contest and you did not onky that but won. You not only did you work your ass off by constantly reentering while no one else even took the time to you also won by default so either way they owe you're being cheated.

There's no way in hell that they can say it's only second place worthy when there's no competetion! You at least deserve first place and in my opinion not only do you deserve first I believe you deserve first, second, and third because they said you can submit 3 entries and that is exactly what you did you really deserve $175 and they cut you $125 short 😒

@Fathoms77

I just thought that you should see what the public has to say and our opinions on this if you already haven't of course. It just makes the most the most sense to bring this to your attention I mean you were the qa after all.

An opinion, comment/reply, or action would be much obliged. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for MH :)

yeah :*

Most Helpful Guy

• I ran a poetry contest with first second and third prizes, and had one entrant with 3 poems, and I felt honer bound to give him all three prizes, so I paid out... I think that G@G should do the same.

What Girls Said 28

• That's so lame of them. Technically they saved money since nobody else entered but you, so they could have just as well given you the 100 bucks. Especially since you made 3 videos too. Not your fault nobody else entered lol. Gag is so stingy with their money.
    But yeah, at least you got 50 bucks. Better than nothing I guess.

Lol he should be getting the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize money!

• They should have given you the $100. It's not like it's any more money than they were originally willing to pay out to people because they were willing to give away $175, right, but just to three different people? Meh, it's not your fault no one else wanted to enter, you did the work, you deserve the reward.

I know especially the last video it took a lot of work for me to make that cartoon.

• Gag is a bit funny when it comes to contests at times.
    I remember for a contest they said they would choose a winner from each gender.
    They chose a woman to win , and made a guy with a mediore take win by default because he was the only participant.
    There were tons of women that participated , in that case they should have just cut the gender crap and announced two winners despite the sex.

I think you should have gotten first because you made the effort , however it's a good thing they didn't throw this contest out due to not enough entries , then you would have gotten nothing.
    So , at least be happy you have something.

((I want to add , the guy was the only MALE participant))

Wow I see I didn't know that about the other contest and yeah I guess your right.

• I wish I had the time to finish the video I made for this. I began filming but unfortunately life got in the way.

I guess I get why they didn't dish out the 100 dollar prize because you were the only entry and it seemed like they were testing the waters, and it isn't much of a contest if only one person enters so they likely didn't want to bite the bullet and take the loss.

Man talk about ego lol. But yeah maybe if you would have entered we both would have gotten more of a fair shake lol.

We were going to address body positivity vs. obesity issues

Oh I see cool

• I picked B lol you did get screwed over but you at least, got something. I saw the one of you going around and asking the question. That was really cool. I felt like that was 1st worthy. And you didn't just make one either you made a couple aswell

Yeah I created a lot of content wit that one I got 53 people to respond

*dies on the floor from laughter* yeah who knows lol

Even if it was 3 it probably would have been 25 for everybody or only 50 for one person XD lol. Like this site owner is Turkish and I am pretty sure he is a millionaire so he can def afford $100 not to mention I am pretty sure amazon website sponsors them and vice versa so they just hand out the gift cards.

• I would say you got screwed. That $100 should have been yours!

• I guess you being the only entry made them feel it wasn't actually a contest, so it wasn't necessary to give the full amount of $100.

What do you think though? I already know what they think since they told me.

Yeah, so I totally understand you wanting the $100 gift card because that is listed as first place. However... you were the only place. There was no competition to push you to do even better, though I know you did try hard on the videos you did submit already.

Yeah!

• Yeah you definitely have the right to be, personally I think you should've gotten all three, I mean they were intending to spend that much anyway. Even if they didn't want to give you all the money, the very least they could've done was give you first place.

• Eh... Maybe since you were the only contestant you had no competition so technically you just got a "participation prize" but hey, it's something :)

• Well since there was no actual competition technically you didn't "win" anything. But, you were the only one to submit something... so it is kind of curious to me why they didn't just give you the $100 one anyway for being the only one to do it.
    I dunno, at least you got something, I could really use an Amazon card lol

Lol same here I am broke. But yeah and its also like I am creating content for them too and I made 3 diif videos as well.

• yup you got screwed :P

• sorry bruh but you got screwed over ,,, but hey you can still get stuffs with $50

• Did anyone else do the contest at all?

Nope just me

@Ice95 those were both me lol

There was a 16 year old boy who entered

• Who else entered? You were second place?

Just me

Haha so I think they're gonna be bitches about it and say you were the only entry and there was technically no contest :/

That's exactly what they said lol if you go back to the video contest mytake its updated now it says that.

• Tag an admin

• yes u got screwed over but a deal should be a deal right? SMH

• the 100 belongs in your pocket, froggy !

• it's lame but you were the only one. I think 50 bucks is great but they could've made a way better acknowledgement!

• you got screwed dude.

but this is GAG so it's bound to happen...

• This is why i do not do contests

• Lame. They didn't pay anyone else out and still felt the need to short you lol

Yeah I know it sucks honestly I am probably never gonna do another contest again.

Thanks I am too. :)

You should start a petition, lets riot!

• They owe you another $50 amazon card.

• That's bullshit. You deserve the $100. Doesn't matter if no one else entered, you did the best by default. I'd be pissed tbh.

• Really you were the only entry?

• Obviously they thought your entry wasn't first place calibre but felt compelled to gift you something for entering. No need to be sour about it.

They sad it was cause I was the only entry.

Yeah but they said it was strictly cause nobody else entered

Exactly?

You didn't win first place. They gave you a consolation prize because no one else entered...

• Oh my god.

• You weren't the only entry, dude.

Yes I was did

They don't count unless you put the hashtag in there so my statment would still be true.

Meh, whatever. That was a stupid contest anyway - I could have told them straight off that no one would really enter. It was too much work.

What Guys Said 24

• Just take the money and run man, quick before they assassinate you or something

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• Oh you have every right to be, you put in the effort when no one else did... you deserve the 1st place prize.

• in my opinion, you submitted three videos. Strictly speaking, you should have gotten 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Or at least the first. Not sure what they're playing at, I did spot it. The stingy miserly bastards :P

Not sure what you're playing at there, Gag. The guy went to the effort of making three videos. No one else did.

• If they have this again I'm going to do it and ask girls on my campus what types of bodies they like on guys. I'll do it shirtless too.

• I only see 3 entries and 3 prizes - Why didn't you get 175 dollars. I cry foul.

Thank you screw first he deserves 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place 😩

• Damn man, GaG fucked u over! It isn't your fault that others didn't enter the contest! You should have gotten first place money! :-/

• Don't sue. It's only 50 dollars, so a case like that probably won't be taken seriously. If you can nag them until you get your money then do that but I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you. At least you got money, if they were gonna be real dicks about it then they wouldn't give you anything

• Did anyone else submit anything?

• RIOT

RIOT

LET'S RIOT

RIOT

• So you were the only one who participated in the contest? Kudos by the way for that.

I don't know man, I'd just be happy to win something.

• You have every right to be angry, not your fault no one else entered, not much you can do except take the gift card and be happy you eve got a it, G@G could of not given you anything saying the contest was voided since no one else entered.

Or we could all take a stand and complain and demand they give him what he deserves 😕

@DivaMonae If G@G is anything like the DNC it won't do much good to complain, they will just silence us :(.

• who cares ill give you a 20 amazon gift card. i dont need it.

• Typical GaG bulshit. I surprised they even gave you anything. It would have been easier to ban you.

Just keep busting their chops and see if they cough up the dough. They've had a lot of bad comments lately regarding their poor business practices. I know they are stupid, but I can't imagine they are that stupid. When escalating negative opinions start to accumulate rapidly usually companies try to mitigate damage.

wow that sucks are you sure it wasn't just a coincidence? That sucks if that did happen though yeah they need to fix a lot of things.

No their employee Mike hates me because he lost an augment and is a little child so he makes up all sorts of excuses to ban me because he's not man and can't stand on his own two feet.

• i'm assuming since you got $50 that you got second place

the second image (the one with the messages) is too small to read

• lol I have no idea whats going on so i'll just side with you here

• @xHoneyxBeex He calims to have been screwed over. Can you clarify this?

• gag, you's a punk-ass bitch, you's a bitch!

• Be grateful that they even gave you a giftcard.

• Bro you are not American or western thats why.

• what. where's ur vid.

• You lost because your video sucked.

• dude, you just won for just participating be happy about it.

• You should get all three prizes since nobody else entered. I could see them not giving you all three but giving you the top prize of 100. It could have been worse and they could have gave you 25, but yeah you should have got all of it.

• Oh my stars, how will you be able to live with yourself now?