How to get rid of notification bug?

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I get this semi often and I've no idea how I get rid of it - I just mash at the keyboard.

If I get a follow request, even when I accept the follow (and it says accepted) I still have 2 notifications for it.

HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT? This one is especially long, been there a day now and it's driving me nuts.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I know what you mean: you get one where the notifications for new opinions appear, and one where the notifications for messages appear.
    Try to push the little "bell" almost top right, and see if they disappear.
    The settings for what things we want to receive notifications are on our settings page I think. But switching off the box for follow requests may not solve the matter since than you won't know someone sent a request :o

Most Helpful Girl

• Click on your notifications to open up that screen. At the top right-hand side, there's an option to "Mark All As Read." Choose that, and your notifications should be cleared. :)

What Guys Said 7

• No, I haven't experienced anything like this. Try to contact an admin and tell your issue, surely they will help your out.

• Did you click the "Mark all as read" icon -

• There's a small little check next the notification, click it.

• Go to profile then notifications and mark all as read you're a guru you should know this.

• I go to the notifications bit and there's a thing near the top right that clears them.

• Go in and out of page!!!

• I have the same problem but don't care anymore

What Girls Said 1

• You can go to your notifications page (click on the bell icon) and from there you should see a button in the top right corner that says "Mark all as read." When you click that, it should always work to clear any notifications you have.