Why is GAG pushing Takes so much?

They appear in my notifications as "Trending Takes". They are automatically shown if I look at a particular topic. There appears to be no wayof turning this off! For me, it is simply anothere GAG annoyance!

Most Helpful Girl

• Those are simply trending content (can be in the form of myTakes, questions, or even our Facebook posts) that the admin team selects to send out daily. You can turn them off though by going to your settings page and unchecking the box that says "You want to receive GirlsAskGuys news" and then click "save."

Thanks! Turned off! :-)

yes.

@Yumix Okay, thanks for your feedback!

Most Helpful Guy

• The only criticism I have over Takes is the seeming bias shown to 'Editors'

I am an Editor myself but I do not think it should automatically mean everything I write is promoted. With it discriminating against the many very fine writers on here who do not get the exposure they deserve.

It would mean more work for the 'powers that be' on here but I think TAKE's should be promote due to merit, rather than status

What Girls Said 4

• Some of the takes are so stupid x. x might as well make a "7 reasons why I go number 2"

• Lmao I don't know but it's stupid

• I know right. It's annoying.

• I agree!!

What Guys Said 6

• Ths is where serious people who want to discuss complicated issues can go to find people with similar interests, and where you can forge reason community links--hopefully!

• Yes, I also get them and honestly even I don't understand.

• Because advertisers generally pay less for general interest forum posts (which Q&A technically are) then they do for content articles...

• Because editors r forced to make them like little third world country children on an assembly line

• it's annoying that they show myTakes now by default.

• Opinionated bullshit is GAG's bread and butter.