Help, someone on G@G is suicidal and I don't know how else to help her, can anyone who's been in a similar situation talk to her?

This girl I met on G@G is in Hell right now and is at the end of her ropes.

She is in a dead end job
She is the victim of sexual assault
She lost a baby to a miscarriage
She was emotionally neglected by her family
She can't have a meaningful relationship
Whenever she tried to get help she only got hurt and is afraid to seek it again

She said she's willing to talk to other people here.
Can anyone who's been in a similar situation let me know and I'll send you her username

Most Helpful Guy

• The gag team can put her in touch with advice and the right people

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are worried about someone, you can always direct them to our FAQ here which includes the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website and phone number. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account#122

Suicide is a very sensitive issue so I recommend urging your friend to talk to someone who has been trained to handle these types of situations.

• She tried calling the hotline but it didn't help.

• Well, it never hurts to keep reaching out. Talking to trained professionals is best when it comes to these situations.

What Guys Said 6

• You need to call 911 in her city and let the authorities handle it

• Ring up the Cops or a crisis help line who will refer you to a suicide watch. i used to work on a crisis line and if we ever thought one was in risk of suicide we followed this procedure where the one in risk will be traced

Rather than refer her to people on here you are best to implore her to contact experts. Reassure her by saying it is done anonymously

• I've tried but she won't :(

• You can only assist so much then it is on her to respect your care and willingness to help

Refer it to the admins on here and also authorities

• Ok let me see how to start, Im pretty sure most people go through times like this weather they want to admit or not. Ok step 1 I say calm her down, she needs to go calm down, she needs to go and do an activity that might calm her down. Second I say talk to her and try and find out how to sway her from doing something permanent and brutal. Third I say try and keep making her feel comfortable and not alone and try and find others who have gone through similar situations.

• I hate to be insensitive, But she needs to suck it up and toughen up. It's the only way.
    Then she needs to be committed for her own good.

• iI doubt there is much I can do

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Either give her the suicide helpline number, or ask her to talk to people on 7cups. com. It's a place where people receive free support and talk to trained listeners about their problems. If she's serious about suicide, though, then they will just refer her to the helpline numbers.

• She needs to call a suicide helpline (whatever it's called) Id love to help but I doubt any of us could.

• Encourage them EVERY CHANCE you get I have helped people on here who were suicidal and I just did my best to encourage them to the best my ability, just telling someone they are a special person can change a person greatly.