Are you against private opinions? If so, why?

It's not anonymous and only the asker can see it. Why do some people on here think that it should be taken away? Why can't people mind their damn business?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I've never used it, but don't see anything wrong with it.

What Guys Said 14

• No, I am not against private opinions but I think posting private is not really required. However by choice if they want to post privately then they can, it's not a bad option either.

• The only time i question it is when a 13/14 year old asks something sexual or a HDIL and then gets multiple private opinions... call me cynical but on here i am suspicious.

• It illuminates debate from others. I do know it for the most part it does away with arguements and crap talk but it limits the question a lot as to its potential out come. That's why I never allow private opinions

• I'm not "against" it per say, I just don't really see the point of it. If you don't want people to see your opinion, or that it is YOUR opinion, just go anonymous. The only purpose the private feature has is revealing to your identity to the asker, but hiding it from everyone else - which doesn't make sense in the first place.

I think at the very least, they should change it so that the private feature reveals your identity to the asker, but shows up anonymous from everybody else - rather than just hiding it completely.

• The whole idea of the site is to share opinions and learn something. Making your opinion invisible means no one can learn from it.

• Why would anyone be against it? It's a great feature.

• I don't really care either way

• I wouldn't say I'm against it in that I want it taken away. I'm against displaying that it's there but not allowing me to read it. If you don't want other people reading it, send a message to the person who asked the question or whatever.

I don't make private responses. IDGAF if someone doesn't agree with me. They are wrong. Haha. Seriously, though, they are free to *try* to change my mind if they can do more than just throw out shaming language, insults, or sound bites they heard on TV.

• I'm against the concept since I believe it takes away from the amount of information available to over users who have the same question.
    Going anonymous is enough to hide your identity, why would someone want to hide their opinion also?

• To avoid other people from commenting on it?

• What's the point of posting an opinion if you don't want a response?
      It's stupid.

• Because some people want private opinions vs. blowing up their message box.

• no and yes

• i think its ok.

• I personally think it should be removed.

• why? maybe I don't want people to comment on it besides the asker.

• You are pink anon, no one knows who you are.

• nope, not against it

What Girls Said 7

• Ehhh, I don't really want them on my opinions. I feel like anything can be shared publicly, even if that means someone goes anonymous, which I do allow. I just don't like seeing a ton of private opinions on the "How Do I Look?" questions, especially with underage users.

• I totally agree with you re the how do I look questions, I feel like it's a little bit of a 'blind spot'. Personally I think it should be monitored. Can anyone else apart from the asker see it, for example mods?

• I really don't like the idea of that at all. I'll make sure I put that in a feedback form, although I doubt what I say will have much sway.
      Good luck and I hope things change :/

• @Luci92 Thanks for letting them know your thoughts!

• It's a weird feature and it seems unprecedented in all of online interaction. What purpose do they serve exactly? I dont really get it. I have never thought, oh I wanna answer this but only want one person to see it. Why don't I just PM the person?

• Too be honest. I've only seen those when someone underage needs there full body picture to be rated, and private opinions happen. Or if a guy ask for one. But in the end, i don't care.

• i dislike the concept, but people can do it if they want.

• I'm against it because I think it's as cowardly as posting anon.

• Yeah, all it does is encourage guys to be creepy without anyone else but the asker seeing it.

• The only reasons that people use private opinions are to abuse, harass or sext without moderation.

• I actually never knew that.

• @Thisperson98 They say shit like that all the time, just to shut you up. Bloody useless.

• Unfortunately, that is right.