Do you think it makes sense to be able to downvote an ask?

You can downvote opinions. Does it make sense to also do it on asks?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• I meant to say yes (I'm used to people putting that option first). I think it would make sense. Some people ask some really pointless or offensive questions, so it'd be nice just to silently let them know you disagree with it. You wouldn't have to leave a negative comment - just give them a little thumbs down.

Most Helpful Guy

• No because then this entire thing would just become one big flame war. And it would derail people away from downvoted content that was otherwise well done and good to read.

What Girls Said 4

• Eh, some users have asked for this feature. I wouldn't really use it, but I could see the usefulness if someone is constantly asking the same questions (like posting 97 times in the "How Do I Look?" section).

• generally it does not make sense for you... because you are asking it cuz you want to know others opinion... but your question should be uninteresting for someone and he/she maybe will downvote it... but anyway it's not your problem... everyone has a right to say\ask what he/she thinks...

• It does make sense to do that but only if people are logical about it. In that case most people aren't smart enough and would do it out of stupidity. That or to troll that person like mad.

• Meh, but they do it anway on the comments... it's more about equality for asks and responses.

• Yes because some of the asks are too stupid / repeated so should be deleted. For example the dude with hairy problems and the dude with sister issues and the obvious race bait questions.

What Guys Said 1

• Downvote feature itself doesn't make any sense.