GAGers 30 + years old?

Would you like it if GAG made a new addition for just people our ages. While being an age various base here is all fine and well , if people our age have questions pertaining only to people our age we have to wade through all the opinions of those who have no experience or knowledge in this area just to get to an opinion that may actually be relevant. So what do you guys and Gals think?

1mo A large portion of comments seem to feel that this is an idea to device the site by age , and that's just not the intentions at all just a new category

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be nice. Though there are some guys in their upper 20s that give a lot of decent feedback, I would like some kind of filter or something for the rest of them at least.

If the younger generation actually would attempt to give solid feed back it would be cool , but you can scroll through some of the things said on just this question and see my point

I just did. So innocently ignorant and preciously dumb at the same time.

All equaling into annoying as heck lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I'v been asking for this for years, even before they essentially removed any minimum age and we're swamped with 12 year olds telling us same sex parents are just fine for kids, etc.

Now it would be even more important. It wouldn;t have to be inaccessible to the younge people.. but how many would want to go into a 30+ section for advice?
    US kids have nothing to learn from us. Just ask them.

With some of the comments and replies it's obvious that the interest in our knowledge and years of experience is very low , yet they come here in droves and ask why life is the way it is. Sort of like telling some one the stove is hot , yet they put their hand on it anyway just to see if you were being truthful or not

Thanks, we oldies have to stick toggether! I' not suggesting we freeze out the younger people but a section labeled 25+ or 30+ would mean VERY few of them would post on those questions.

What Girls Said 4

• It can be helpful to have had years of experience, but I've had some very useful comments from people younger than 30 years of age. I don't think there should be a limit or special group just because you're a certain age.

• That depends. @Spiorad_Aisce and @jacquesvol are some of the nicest people I know here and give some of the most insightful answers. I do know some people in the same age group that don't have any idea what they're saying though (not going to take names)

• what are u guys gonna talk about? comparing wrinkles?

more like talking about how the younger generation has knowledge of nothing.

Tbh, you two are buzzkills. The old people I know don't discriminate on age, you two are just sour and love condescending. If you want to talk about menopause, guess what? We all have parents and grandparents. Everyone can contribute, quality of answers has nothing to do with the amount of years you've been in this world.

I was hoping to mask how to best measure receding hair lines while the young guys want to know it tiny is big enough

• When I first joined a 4 years back you could filter questions by age.

It was that way when I first came here to. But all of a sudden it was gone

Yea GAG said very few people used it so it was taken away.

What Guys Said 15

• I think rather than having an age filter maybe look at the GaG culture of answering every question - A younger person could have relative going through a similar problem - When I look at a question, I have to ask myself "Can I help in this situation?", if I can I will respond and if I can't I won't - I don't believe in filtering, I always have fond memories here on GaG in a discussion on Mental Health. I can't quite remember the particulars but one of my firm assertions was logically and convincingly torn apart by a 14 year old girl - If I had filtered I would never have learnt from her a valuable lesson.

I am not in any way saying that some of today's youth can't be logical in any manner. I too have had a few steer me and my way of thinking on a specific subject in a whole new direction. I am not so old that I'm set in my ways of thinking and try to be open for a new and fresh perspective. But you and I know the cases we are speaking of are quite rare , refreshing and rare none the less. If you look through the previous comments from the younger generation on this question you will see the reason I asked this question , with the specifics of weeding out the crap talk

• Definitely. Would be great to have one for the chronically Single 30+ crowd. Or for ANYBODY here that had been Single for 30 years consecutively or more.

Forget what age is displayed in my profile it does NOT represent my True Age.

It says your 18 !! Lol

@opinion owner , if the birthday attack is represented by the younger generation bashing one for their age , just scroll through some of the things that have been posted lol it's quite clear that some here view those my age as a thorn in their side

@bryon

Then you have absolutely no clue and no idea what I am talking about. It's relevant to cybersecurity and because I had learned about this in school before as I had been studying and majoring in IT. See this for yourself:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEL3ok8D70

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1mN_IFLNU

https://danielmiessler.com/study/birthday_attack/

I take shit like this seriously and paranoid about it all the time. Thus I take no chances with it.

• An insightful answer can come from anywhere. If you limit the number of replies you also lower your chance of getting a good answer.

For example. A lady need to ask questions pertaining about menopause , the likelihood of the younger generation ( baring med school) is slim to none. There are many other for instances where them being an active participant it not only pointless but fruitless

@WillowTree my apologies , I didn't intend to butt in.

@ asker but you are still getting potential replies from people with first hand experience. It also wouldn't hurt to get replies from people who have observed menopause instead of experience it.

@WillowTree you dont know what that something is. Might be a big thing, might be a small thing, but its ignorant to dismiss it before you've heard it.

• You need the elders to pass wisdom; so, no.

• No, it interests me greatly to know the mindset of young people.

• I do use the age as a guide to giving opinions. 25 years and over get my attention.

Maybe there should be something for over 30s.

• Same or similar age = similar outlook is erroneous thinking. I don't really feel I have much in common with the older peeps here, nor the younger :) Plus I've seen quite a few younger peeps be genuinely thankful for some of the advice I've given of late (I know, more of a surprise to me)!

• To me, it's not a great idea because everyone you meet knows more than you about some topics, even people much younger. Who knows more about sex, a sexually active 19-year-old or a 30+ virgin? In that example, it makes no sense for the 30+ GAGer to disregard the teenager's knowledge because of their age. Some young people can be very mature for their age, just as some 30+ people can be extremely immature.

Maybe what you should have are sections on things like parenting, divorce, child custody, etc., that will be natural gathering places for older GAGers but won't exclude the odd young person who is going through those things either.

Another thing would be an option for excluding certain ages from answering a question, the way we can already limit answers to one gender only. Like a check box saying, "Limit answers to those over 30". Don't think I'd ever use it but others might.

• Ammmm Actually most women who helped here were between 25-29 I find them truly helpful and understanding. Maybe the age from 24+ would be more helpful.

I could do that , I agree that age range has really become more chill and have started to become more mature thinkers

Agree below 24 can be immature and take things as a joke.

• How about like when you ask a question you can choose minimum age required to answer (I would rather this not happen though). Honestly though I hardly see evidence of better answers with older people.

Now dude that may have got you MHO right off the bat. By gosh your a problem solver

• I understand that a lot of younger adults on gag have various opinions , wether good or smart ass. I understand that older generation sometimes find it iratating and tatsteless sometimes too. Us older people know we can go to specialist or google for our problems. But the younger adults still need our wisdom regardless wether they listen or not. I feel this is being absolutely selfish to not afford them younger adults some solid wisdom or opinions

You do have a valid point. It is up to each individual as to wherther or not a persons opinion will fit in and work in their life in a positive way. It's the old proverb , you can lead a horse to water , but you can't make it drink

It would be impossible to add a BS filter just to keep out the trolls and those that just come here to badger others posts and comments , so as long as the block function continues to work it will be cool

That also includes trolls and people who banger us too. I'm not going to give them power over strong wisdom. Even as iratating as they can be.. I do totally understand you frustrations though

• They was that option before where we chose the age groups to ask, to answer.
    But I don't think it really worked as "older people " were just selecting to see under 18 questions.

• While we're at it teen gag lmao

I mean tbh I understand cuz half these answers are bullshit

Yea just like the one from the pimple popper above you

I said pimple popper , no one did I say guy as you imply. Try reading it again dude. And if it calms you down it was a smart azzes butt hurt girl not guy. So let's ease up and go to neutral corners here

I don't make anyone angry man, nothing wrong with some opposing opinions/

• I think it's a good idea. A lot of the time I see those romanticized opinions and can't help but think "Bless your heart dear, but do give it 10-15 more years and see if you feel the same way."

LMAO SAME! I get so tired of arguing with inexperienced GaG girls. I just kind of back off and think yea give it 5 years or so hun, then we'll come back to this topic. No point in arguing about something life is going to prove to them anyway.

• I didn't like the idea.

It wouldn't be designed to seporate or segregate at all. Just a place us older folks could pose questions solely experienced by our age demographic , that only someone our age has or will experience