Why do non religious people, try to answer religious questions on here?

I saw the other day about a girl asking if her kid would be a Muslim or a Christian because she and her husband were of different religions. When a kid is born from two different religions, you take the religion of the mother. That's just how it works. Why? I don't know but that's how it works. I saw a ton of non-religious people answering the question , that had no point in being there because they aren't religious and don't know what they're talking about. So, why did they answer it?

1mo why can't people actually answer the question at hand. Idiots

Most Helpful Girl

• The questions on gag are free for anyone to answer.

It just makes them sound ignorant is all

What Girls Said 6

• A non-religious person can still know how religious traditions work without partaking in them personally. I've studied religion in school for 12 years but I'm an atheist.

Isn't atheism considered a religion. You still BELIEVE in something. I'm an Agnostic Jew. I partake in the Jewish religion, but question the existence of god. No proof of him existing, but no proof of him not existing, so how can we just dismiss the idea of him not being there?

@Miezko your argument is "lol but this 598t457654896764586789th definition on this random dictionary site totes proves my point" and that's dumb.

You're right, a dictionary isn't a very reliable source for definitions, they're probably bias.
      But no my point, the one you didn't understand so you just ignored was that the average atheist isn't a good representation for what atheism is, just like the average Christian (who only attend church on Christmas and Easter) isn't a good representation of what Christianity is.
      But anyways since you resorted to shame tactics I'll no longer be responding. If you wish to believe that means you won by all means go ahead and do so. Good bye and enjoy your week.

• "When a kid is born from two different religions, you take the religion of the mother. That's just how it works. Why? I don't know but that's how it works." Lol you are totally qualified to answer religious questions..

Yet you can't even answer this one correctly

• 1. Because we fucking can.
    2. Some of us, arguably most of us, have been religious in the past and have religious families. So we got experience.
    3. god isn't real

you don't know that for sure. how can you say he doesn't exist, if you've never seen him

• cos they know the religion better... being unbiased and good readers and curious.
    about the truth.

• We might know people

• There are many religious people who haven't read anything even in regards to their own religion anyway. There are also atheists who have studied many religions as a hobby, therefore their opinion may be valid. What's your problem anyway?

What Guys Said 9

• Non-religious people's opinions are valid. When you yourself don't know the reason why, that's when you FIND THE ANSWERS. Why would any responsible father make such a pivotal decision and say "well, shit, I have no clue why that's just what everyone else does, that's how it is!"

You have to know why. And the further you dig, the more clues you'll find that the construct of religious is built on dogma, and a "man behind the curtain" deterring people from asking that very question.

It's just how it is. That's how it works. I don't know why, that doesn't mean I'm dumb or whatever, just means I don't know why. What I want to know is why where non religious people, trying to answer a religious question. You're avoiding THAT question

Based on everything you've said this far, I can tell you have the mind of a sheep, not a shepherd, not a wolf. Not just any sheep, a judgmental, cliquey sheep.

I answered your question.

Again, you refuse to answer the questoin

• "That's just how it works." Rubbish. There's no need for it to be that way at all. A Roman Catholic father would want his children brought up in the same faith. Which I think is wron, as well. A child should be encouraged to research and chose its own path. Not be dictated to by any parent.

As for your actual question, just because someone has no religion doesn't mean they can't have a vast knowledge of the subject. Their overall knowledge has no bearing on their personal beliefs.

• Most non-religious people were religious at one point especially raised in countries with a religious majority. Also non-religious people can study religions just for the historical and cultural understanding even if they don't believe in them.

• That's not how it works, but than that's not your question.
    As to why they answer is because they can. Also, trolling is generally frowned upon here.

• You don't have to be religious to have an opinion on something. You're very closed minded.

But if it's a question based on religion, why should a non religious person be answering. It's IGNORANT

Because people are inconsiderate assholes? I thought that was clear.

People on here tend to be, yeah. They don't think when they're answering

• Choice is the childs but even if it is not the Muslims take up after the Father's religion

No, it's the mother.

You're avoiding MY question

I just think it's hypocritical to see Doctor and nurses smoke, it's like, really. Same with the question at hand, how can non religious people, answer religious questions. It's stupid

I already told you, they want to use it to interpret it in a way that suits them

• Why do religious people answer questions about science. Since they only believe in GOD

I'm religious, but question the existence of god. I'm an agnostic Jew

• because they can?
    also, delicious bait, bro

• Because religuous people are too busy praying

I'm religious, but I don't pray. I question the existence of god, but I'm Jewish too