300 notifications?

Is there a way to turn off certain notifications? I have about 300 of them, most of which are notifications of questions that are now closed. I'd still like to know when someone posts a new question, but I'm guessing I could spend an hour clicking on closed questions just to clear my notification list. Anyone know of a way to simply clear them out all at once?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can go to your settings (http://www. girlsaskguys. com/user/normalice/settings) to turn off specific notifications such as if you've got a reply or not.

To clear all of your notifications, hover over the notification icon then at the bottom of the menu there should be 'View more notifications'. If you click that, it takes you to a bigger page showing more notifications but at the top right hand corner there's 'Mark all as read' so you can kinda clear them that way :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• You can go through your notification settings to turn off any notification type that you aren't interested. Just go to your settings page on your profile to customize which notifications you receive.

You can also clear all of your notifications at once by going to your actual notifications page (click on the bell icon) and then click on the button in the top right corner that says "Mark all as read."

is there a way to clear only the notifications of closed questions? I might still want to take a look at some of the questions that are open.

Not unless you visit them one by one. The mark all as read option clears everything. So you may want to first read the notifications you are actually interested in and *then* use that button to clear the rest.

• Under your profile, go to the "Settings" tab. There is a section dedicated to "Notifications." You can uncheck anything you don't wish to receive messages/notifications for anymore. That should help cut down on how many you're receiving.

What Guys Said 3

• I am not sure if there is a way to turn off notifications

• The ladies beat me to it!!

• Another dictations imposed on us by admins