Why do some of the women on GAG act like holier than thou prudes?

Whenever there is a question referring to sex, the men seem to be open and raw whereas, the women are extremely prudish and turned off. They get so upset at other women for being open and will call them "sluts" or "easy" just for liking sex. I'm by no means a feminazi, but most of the women on here confuse the hell out of me. They talk women's rights one day and the next day calling a woman out for wanting to get laid with a random. Contradiction much? You all act like you're sister Mary covenant nuns and virgins... nobody in the world is that pure. So, why ladies?

Also, I refuse to go anon, I know the average person would, but I'm not ashamed to show my face and I back up 100% what I say. Men, you're not much better with the name calling either!

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand why they do for if they are completely open and honest about their sexual appetite and desires it is a green light to the many desperadoes on here

They will get hassled unfairly merely for being honest

as a guy, I can be as sexually open as I want without the fear of harassment outside of a few insecure guys wanting to take potshots. Which I get pleasure out of :)

Look, even some people have called me a prude and I get the whole societal expectations blah blah blah, but if I'm in a committed relationship with one man (which I am) and we just both happen to enjoy sex and I share my experience with online folk becuase it was asked of me, why am I then a slut for that? It's usually the women who attack too. The men will thumbs up. I just think women are so confusing.

I never use the term 'slut' for it is an outdated and antiquated term that has no relevance in this Age. It only exist for men try to retain the control over women from the past and women buy into this as well as being swayed by the web emanating from the term 'ladylike'

as for those who are open, all power to them. the downside is the hassle that accompanies it and in life, particularly in a place like this which represents time spent in ones free time, who wants hassle?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no problem giving my humble and honest opinion. Just because I don't have sex, believe in God, read the Bible, don't masturbate and chose a Celibate life style, it doesn't make me a prude at all. If I don't agree with something, I am not afraid to say it even if it hurts others feelings. Its not that I purposely do it. But if the truth is the truth, then only the truth shall set you free, and the truth always hurt. It is not my job to cater to every and anybody who don't like my opinions. I am not innocent in a lot of ways, but I refuse to lie about things that are not only important to me, but to other people, and how ones choices effects others not just yourself. If people want to get hurt, that is on them. If I foresee implications that can destroy a persons relationship I will speak up. If I see somebody being a user and an abuser, I will speak up. If i see where another woman is wrong towards a man, I WILL SPEAK UP! Just because I'm too am a woman, doesn't mean I have to take TEAM WOMEN, TEAM MEN, LOSERS! Because it doesn't work like that. I have respect for anybodies opinion. Both male and female, young and old. But I refuse to be disrespected, and nobody knows me from behind a computer screen to even justify their reasoning. I know where my place is a person, and I don't have to stoop down to someones immature level just to prove a point. I'm better than that. And if nobody likes it, they can take it down the block and whine their problems to somebody else who wants to deal with it. I help those who WANTS to be helped and seek change. Not waste time on stagnated people who don't want to do nothing, but wants pity.

What is the truth though? Your opinion is not the truth, it is just YOUR OPINION. I'm not saying you're guilty of it but calling someone out for enjoying sex is a pretty lame thing to do.

@Asker Because there are a lot of people who misunderstand when a person is giving their opinion wither they agree with them or not, and take it out as if your deliberately trying to hurt them. I get called out that multiple times and is even aware of the growing situation. If I didn't give a damn about people, I wouldn't be on here or offer my advice to others and would just let everybody suffered wither they lived or died. They is not me as a person. Yes, I may sound harsh or judgmental. But it is out of tough love. Because the moment you start being all gentle and sweet, you get walked on. I have to make judgements otherwise I cannot access the problem and help. I run and function on making critical decisions. A lot of people hate people like me because I become sort of a mirror that reveals reflects a persons true nature. If you know about MBTI, I've been tested as a INFJ. So I can understand the hate and judgements others make of me. But my goal is to offer help, give direction

... when asked or needed. If I see a person heading down a very bad path or will lead to a broken relationship. I try to help, by giving opinions that will help the person see where they are blindly getting into. But often times they don't listen, and everything that I have foreseen and knew from the very beginning ends up happening. Its worse and scary when it's in its exact order I said it was going to happen. :( But I can't stop or force people to do something they don't want to do. But I will be extremely guilt and occasionally shed tears in mourning when nothing could be done. Because in my heart and spirit I truly love people and care deeply. But It is not my place to tell others what to do, if they don't like it. :( I'm just very sensitive to the wants and needs of people. I can't control that and neither did I asked for it. It just comes to me unwillingly and forcefully at times. It is both a gift, and sometimes I felt like it was a curse growing up. But I now know its not.

What Guys Said 5

• I understand this. Women have to deal with a way too much vulgarity from men, bad past experiences. Unfortunately, from a male perspective, sexuality is a pretty healthy facet of existence, like eating...

You can't post a picture of your boobs, and then be surprised if I sexualise you.

• I'm seriously loven this... Thank you .. Even the guy part !!

you must have got this before, but you are the spitting image of Joah Oates :)

You tell it how it is. Thank you for a fine chat, i am off to watch my toilet of a football team play

Hope we fluke a win :)

@gobsmacked3 Thanks untill next time!!!

• Some are jealous (I won't get into that now) and some are wanting G@G people to think they (the opinion holders) are more moral and "pure" than they actually are.

• I'm a G@G holier thou prude. I refuse to send nudes to anyone. Haha ;p ;p ;p

What does that have to do with anything? And who sends nudes through GAG?

• cos they're from aconservative countries like islamistan and other hellholes.

What Girls Said 8

• ... because this is the only place that women who choose that path feel brave enough to not only voice their opinions on sex/admitting that they even have a sexuality, but to also shame those who choose to be open about embracing their own.

• Is it really that they act like holier than thou prudes or that they make you feel self-conscious about whatever sexual choices you've made in your life? I don't think every female who doesn't view sex the way you do must automatically be some "prude" who thinks she's better and nun-like.

Who cares what they say? Why does it seem to bother you so much?

It's what I observe Hun. It has little to nothing to do with me. As I said, I don't go anon, read my questions and opinions. You tell me...

Is it what you observe or is it what you misinterpret? Complaining about being harshly judged than harshly judging someone else doesn't exactly make sense.

Me tell you what?

• The name-calling, insults, and degrading language is probably due to:

Inexperience + more traditional values + judgmental attitude/superiority complex

Emphasis on the latter. Luckily, there are also many girls on here who don't hate and have a more "live and let live" perspective. It's just that certain questions tend to draw out the haters more than others.

• Uh listen, I'm a virgin, I don't like porn, and I don't masturbate, BUT I sure as hell do not give others shit for it otherwise I'd just be completely friendless cause all my friends guys and girls alike do this and I'm completely fine with it.

• Welll I actually am a virgin but I don't call people sluts.

• Yeah, I don't understand this either...

• It's probably a mixture of self-righteousness and societal norms. Men and women both internalize them after all, and it can lead to harmful behavior on the part of both.

• Why can't you understand that women who advocate women's rights are usually not the same people who slut-shame? You also have to realize that just because someone supports women's right to sexuality, it doesn't necessarily mean they enjoy sleeping around and/or having threesomes. They just support the notion that if men can sleep around without being slut-shamed, then women should also have the right to do it. Just because they support that idea, it doesn't automatically mean that they should be forced to adopt that kind of lifestyle.
    However, the ones who advocate about women's rights and in the next post they slut-shame other women, those are indeed crazy as fuck.