Do you think gag should make it so that you can only sign up once with an email?

i feel like this would limit the repeated catfish people who constantly comeback with a new username. yes, i am aware they could just make a new email account but i think it would still lessen the amount due to the hassle they'd have to go through.

there's this an older man who creates the account of a young girl and its just creepy to me how he's able to make so many different accounts.

• yes
  • no
  • other?

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't matter they can use VPNs.

• 28d

yeah yeah
      after that last situation im not letting GAG pick my MHOs anymore lmao

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• I think a quarter of the females here lie about their age and relationship status... hey, it's the Internet!

no im talking about an older man signing up as a younger woman. he's made countless accounts. idc if someone lies about their age or relationship status lol its whatever. i just think its weird if i think im talking to a young girl my age when its actually a 60 yr old man

• Duplicate account aren't only tracked down by email, a user's IP is also factored in. I voted other because something like this won't slow down anyone who actually thinks of ways around it. For example, an email is just for verification purposes, so GAG sends an email with a link to verify that user. Someone can simply use a disposable email service to create the account. This is where an IP address comes in handy, those less advanced users might be using different emails but their IP address remains unchanged so the ban hammer will come down sooner or later. I doubt preventing multiple accounts to be made with the same email would change much.

• Yus, and block/delete multiple accounts from the same IP. Obviously most people can get around these things, but it it might just put enough inconvenience in there to deter a few.

• The sad part of the 'Social Age' is it has given rise to so much more instances of anti social behaviours. As a male I get entertainment over it.

But, I feel for females on a site like this for they have to put up with both passive as well as very direct harassment.

Sadly, there is no easy answer for these pathetic trolls get off on hurting others and are supported by being savvy with computer/net skills :(

• I have thousands of bogus email accounts and at the click of a button I can get thousands more. Blocking someone's email for registration is pointless. Blocking someone's IP is even more pointless due to many people using dynamic IP addresses and the myriad of free proxies... Shit I can spin up a bunch of free AWS accounts with tiny proxy on it and use those all day any day. I don't catfish people, but trying to block people from talking isn't going to work very well...

• As someone who administers an online forum, I can assure you, it would be a waste of the admins' time.

• Yeah, that's an idea but there are ways around it. The best way to eliminate catfishes is to have every user take a pic with their username and have a G@G admin verify it.

But that won't happen because this is not a dating site.

• They'd somehow have to block his IP. He probably just creates a new email everything he signs up

• Yes, they should make it mandatory and get rid of the Anonymous profiles.

• Having to make a new email for account creation is kinda stupid. I can easily just use a masked email, and it will still go to my main email. Or I could just use a temporary email.

• I say kill it before it reproduces

• Do you know how easy it is to get a new email account. It would not do anything

• It's already kinda like that, I think they will eventually block your other emails and only keep your primary account. Like I had 2 accounts and they blocked one.

no i know.. but you can just keep deleting and re creating off of one email. i think for every email you should only be able to have one account.

Well true I don't know I guess they could it would stop the trolls

• Lol, how to tell if someone is a catfish?

• Probably

• How could you stop it if you can just create a new email?

What Girls Said 5

• It wouldn't help much. If someone were to get banned only once a month or so, it isn't a hassle to keep creating emails. You just verify your account with a new email then never use it again. Even having to do that every day wouldn't be a hassle.

If they were to make that rule, I think the number of times you can sign up should just be limited to 5 (to prevent spam, but still allow other users to restart and choose a different name or their correct age).

In some circumstances, it is a great thing to be able to do. I've deactivated two accounts since being on here. The first time was because I told the site I was 19, since I wasn't sure at first if minors were allowed to use it. Then, I ran into some negative but frequent users on my second account and I got into an argument with them. I felt too anxious to continue that account.
    I don't want to involve my private emails on websites because you're more likely to receive spam, so I only use one email for every social media that I have. The less you use an email, the less spam you get from various websites. Basically I have two that never get used, and those two never get spam, while my main email always does.

There's hardly a point to making that rule.

• Yes...
    I know for a Fact there are a Few who ave more than One Username and I am not Trusting of This. It's not even so much Because of Being a "Catfish" but it tells me they want to "Be more than One person."
    Good luck. xx

• No.

What if you want to leave and years later want to come back?

If you are that keen to catfish you can make multiple accounts

• That's the problem, though. Most banned users just create a new e-mail account anyway.

• If someone is really determined they'll just use a proxy or VPN