Why do men comment more on mytakes than women?

I have well over one hundred mytakes and one thing I've noticed , on almost all of my takes I have way more male comments than women.
Why is that?
With popular stereotypes you'd think women are far more into reading things especially written by their own gender.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a lot of people here are interested in other genders thoughts and opinions so we search them out.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of girls I know just do not read mytakes unless someone specifically recommends one to them. Mytakes have also become incredibly hostile to women in general so there's even less motivation to look through them and find the ones that aren't.

I also agree with @TheButterfly that guys like to be louder complainers. Like did you see that one where OP was talking about why she wouldn't forgive her abusive father and fully half of the male comments were bitching at her for hating men? She deserves support and respect hands down but I just do not want to be around or comment in an atmosphere like that.

What Guys Said 21

• Yes, I wonder that myself. Mostly the only women who seem to comment are Fembots who automatically object to anything said by any man about any women... Such as on my Take about girls wearing glasses.

ASide from the Fembot chorus, it seems girls on Gag don't read TAkes very much.

I've been pretty active on Gag this last month for the first time in about a year, and my impression is that MANY girls here are even under 13, and many who are 21 lie and say they are 25 or 28, for whatever reason.

I can't prove it, of course, but I would not be surprised if the REAL average age for girls on GAg was about 16, For guys, I think it's significantly older; I haven't caught out an guys for example, saying there are 25 and then posting about their life I 7th grade. I've had several girls do that!

And these are mostly US 15 year oolds. They aren't interested in reading anything that's very long, or discussing or analyzing issues. They're mostly Facebook girls who just want to tag their friends, send pictures of themselves, get rated, and the like.

The guys are somewhat older. My guess is the average age for guys is more like 20. So naturally they, although also Facebook oriented in many cases, are a little ore inclined to read articles and discuss them.

I

@ice_vampire My preferred name for modern feminists, to distinguish them from the genuine feminists of 50 or 100 years ago. Now they are corporate hustlers.

Chuckle, even on this Take, there are about twice as many guys responding than girls! Proves your point.

• I'm guessin' it's cuz you're a woman, and their hearts is filled with lust!

• I think it really depends on the Take. Some Takes end up generating far more female responses than male, simply based on topic. Takes about boys and women issues generally have a more female audience, and therefore the comments are of generally higher women content, especially when they touch on issues that men just can't relate to: anything to do with periods, hottest guys, etc.

That being said, men, in general, tend to be more opinionated and steadfast in their resolutions. We feel the need to vocalize our opinions and are more aggressive in defending them.

• Not to detract from the quality of your works, but it is probably because a lot of us--at least myself--have massive crushes on you so we are more compelled to comment. I for one read everyone of your Takes in the hopes that you will eventually share an image of yourself.

Mmm really? I'll keep that as a possible reason.

Don't think I ever will on this site although I have sent one or two people on here my photo due to requests (but we had a close knit relationship).

I PM'd you :)

• Cuz I follow you 😛 plus the site is GirlsaskGuys so typically the other gender answers questions and mytakes.

• Honestly unless these people right here write it and these are my frands.
    I don't bother sitting through reading other people's. But I did read through one of yours it's was interesting
    @fearless_banana @rjgraveytrain @empatheticlady

Well, they're your friends. You should definitely open your mind up to those that aren't. There are great writers on this site.

Smh.. don't let me spank u boy

You got the wrong guy. I don't do sub

• perhaps they are topics that degrade men on so many levels and we fight for it. man hating women or lesbians are all over this site who just agree with you.

• Mytakes are actually fun to read, Questions are just tat questions. I only answer ones that i feel like i can help with.

• I would say it's because your an older woman that doesn't ask questions like.
    Why did I break another nail? Or why doesn't my boyfriend of 4 days won't say "I LOVE YOU" to me? Some of us just want some maturity.

• Staycyzee

I implore you to look at your followers

No more words required

• Because men are way cooler than women.

Lol justkidding

• Time well spent..

• The odds of me commenting on a mytake vs a question is 23 to 1595...

• It has nothing to do with your avatar. That's for sure

• Because guys are idle lethargic mostly here

• Maybe because women rather have to tell their female friends in chats what they think.

• Probably more men read than women or more men are on G@G or men have more thoughts on the issue etc

• Most girls here just read comments and doesn't reply... Thats waht I feel to be honest.

• Id say is because you women undestand each other but men dont. When you write a MyTake that talks about women, men are nore interesting in knowing why it is that way or how that happens. Basically we are more curious about things that have to do with women. In my case, I'm a guy so i know a lot about men but dont know too much about women and i would like to learn more about their behavior to understand them more.

• Women are not as much interested in politics and intellectual discussion as men

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Although there are many smart girls on GaG, I feel like that the reason that most girls probably don't comment because they don't know much about the topic of the mytake. Or they do want to say something but don't want to recieve negative comments. It could be other reasons to, but that's all I think of right now.

• They actually take the time to read the mytake or care enough to give some kind of feed back. Chicks not so much unless it's to argue honestly. :D

That and also because dudes tend to follow and comment more on female things and females tend to follow and comment more on male stuff.

• Because they always have something hateful to say (most of the time).

• Because women have better things to do then reading a long ass essay.

• women like reading about lighthearted, fun stuff, not social issues
    i've noticed most of your takes revolve around the latter

140 plus. All types of topics.
      I like writing meaningful things , fun things ex. Hot bathing suits to wear this summer , anyone can write and too simplistic for mytakes.
      True writing is an art.
      Things like that i can find millions of it on the net.
      Women comment but my main audience is male.

**I meant too simplistic for my tastes.

Well, like someone said, people like commenting to people they're attracted to. I've noticed this with both questions and takes. Also, some people comment to further dissect the opposite sex's thinking. A girl may read your take and just nod in agreement, because she knows what's up already and doesn't feel a need for comment.

• Cos they got nuthin to do

• Many women on this site have more male followers and vica versa.

• Your mytake topics must attract girls into reading.

I've done literally every type of take you can think of. It should attract all genders.

I think men comment more in general.

• I don't know if you've noticed but the men here in general leave more comments/opinions on almost every post unless , it's something about makeup or feminism. It's true