Get notified about who downvoted you. Agree or disagree?

If gag ever update us with this, would you still use the downvote button?

• Agree wanna see who are those bastards! 😠
  • Disagree too much unwanted drama 😵

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the idea just so that people know it's not me down-voting. I sometimes put an opinion right next to someone else's which disagrees with theirs, and they might get a down-vote from a random bystander.

And I'm often tempted to say, "Hey, I know my opinion doesn't quite agree with yours, but I didn't down-vote! I think it's a legit alternative opinion even if it's quite different from mine!" :-D

But I kinda liked things better without down-vote. I don't really see what benefit down-voting has so much when it's not a site like StackOverflow that lets you edit your post to correct things people disagreed about it. I guess it does make it more fun to kind of troll a bit more and aim for lots of down-votes, and it might encourage people to sugarcoat their opinions more or something to avoid down-votes for those who care about them. Dunno, I liked the site better without down-votes.

I agree when you say the downvote button just make people sugar coat their opinions more. It used to be better when the downvote button wasn't here.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's more than enough drama here already. The down vote doesn't even need to be here. I liked it better when it was gone. The whiners had even stopped whining to get it back.

But either way, it's best to ignore them. It's often people trolling and/or hating anyway. It gives them a way to flip you off and hide in the shadows.

Choose to not give a damn. ✌

What Guys Said 20

• it's actually better if left alone because the sole purpose of keeping it that way in layman's term is "Don't feed the trolls" 😛😛😂

• I have asked this question perhaps twice before and each time people came to the same conclusions - that it would cause too much drama.

• Disagree. People downvote to show their dislikement. And they do it, because they don't need to fear repercussion from doing something that might be out of the ordinary and controversial. Making downvotes a notification would take that advantage of the anonymity away.

• I can see that turning out badly. We fought hard enough to get the downvotes back. I say leave it as it.

• I rarely downvote but if I do, then I have no problem with them knowing it was me.

on the other side, I'd like to know who downvotes me... so yes I'm all in for that, but I highly doubt that will ever come

• Yeah i've always thought you should be able to see on mouseover who up/down votes you.

• Maybe if it only happened like one day a week. That would be interesting.

• Yea Im down for that, I feel like it would make some people less likely to dislike/downvote cause you could call them out on their bullshit.

• Whyd I give a shit about these nerds anyway lmal

• And what purpose would this serve?

Knowing who are the people and probably want some clarifications on why they downvoted you tho I don't really think it's important.

• I'd use it even more, gets their attention.

• Way too much drama

• Going to be too much drama.

• naah that will be too much drama

• I'd do it anyway, but I still dont want it.

• Sure I guess... not like I already care but it would be interesting to see who did.

• Nope. You're insane if you really think this is a feasibility

• I could care less about my haters...

• don't give 2 F**KS !

What Girls Said 10