Have you ever catfished (pretend to be something you're not)?

Anywhere, not just on GAG

• Yes
  • No
1mo Are you telling the truth?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never seen the point of it? Unless ur gonna scam people for money or something... In which case I am a Nigerian banker with a VERY interesting proposition for you 🤑

Most Helpful Girl

• I've pretended to be a guy on a mobile app. But just for a month or so and I didn't lie about the rest

What Guys Said 13

• Yes. A few years ago.

Girls get a lot of attention online, and I literally said nothing special. Inbox = Flooded. The follow system was different.

If you're a girl and online attention is your elixir of life, dont pretend to be an average guy online. You'll jump off a balcony after realizing it wasn't your personality that got the follows.

• I catfish my friends just to fuck with them and see there reactions, but do it because of my own insecurities or to test things with random people? Nah never done it to get attention or anything, can be fun to troll friends though.

• Never

• I once pretended to be a beaver for the longest time. 😐 I know, I have issues! 😖😩

• I pretended to not mind RPing a gay guy once because I was too polite to say no. The awkward thing is that I probably put more effort into the RP than the gay guy.

• <---------------

I would never

• I sometime tell people I'm transgender even though my operation isn't until September

• Of course not. But too many have

• I used to dress up for Halloween :-).

• nope never

• Admission time... I'm not actually a tardigrade.

• yeah

• Im actually catfishing right now :)

What Girls Said 10

• Once in awhile I might go ANON, so I can Avoid a Sore Subject with Anyone knowing who I am.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• My friends and I prank each other a lot, catfishing was involved in one of them.

• Yes but I wasn't a real person lol, unless you think Satan is real.

• Hell no I'm pretty good as is.

• No, I'm a very honest person :)

• Nope. But I was catfished by so own in GaG.___.

• no but my avatar is not me (but my favorite celebrity)

• Yes but it only lasted a day

• No. I might add a year to my age or something small like that, but otherwise I'm still me on and offline. Although, I have to say that catfish the tv show males catfishing look like fun. I'm not really a pretty or super talented girl so I don't get a whole lot of online attention. However, catfishers get to talk to people way out of their league due to their online disguises. I would never do it though. If I got caught I'd be devastated, and I don't know what I'd do if the person wanted to meet in person. If I were to create a catfish account I would create the most realistic catfish account ever.

• Yep. I made so much money.