Can we know who downvotes/upvotes you?

It will stop certain people from downvoting opinions that were pretty harmless and didn't 'require' a downvote.

Most Helpful Guy

• No need for that. Its anonymous, thats the whole point of downvotes, thats why they were brought back back. To have less confrontations.

Personally I think it was better without them because people used to say why they disagree. Now everyone simply downvotes without any explanation.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• It took enough asking just to get the downvotes back. I don't think it would be a good idea to know who is up or down voting, save for the asker's vote. It's just as easy to ignore it. There's enough hostility on this site already. I don't want fuel being thrown on it.

• I wish we could. I also don't think anonymous should be able to do anything except ask or answer

I downvoted you. Lol

@CoralSun you didn't address that I said I didn't agree with up or down votes since this is a site of opinions

I must have read over that part. Didn't see it.

I mean... I guess lol if that's how you feel about downvotes then that's how you feel. But I don't see the harm in them and I think it's a great way for people to reconsider if there's something they should revise with the way they think.

• I think I'll disagree. Since the asker still gets to vote for the best answer/opinion the others are basically harmless.

Though, knowing wouldn't prevent me from giving a thumbs down to something I find asinine.

(But I do know that some people do "troll" and give thumbs down votes to people because they're lame... But I doubt it would stop them either.)

Yeah, I think it might stop some. But I also think you'll have a lopsided amount of up votes to down votes though.

• Yeah if you upvote me I will make a threesome porno on xvideos with @polocrew and @fearless_banana

Lmao. Lets go

@Fearless_banana the sad thing is though when the video gets released most girls would deny fapping to the video even though they really did.

• No we can't. It shall remain a mystery

• I've hacked GaG's IP and I'm able to track packets sent by each user (the website is not heavily encrypted), so I can identify which user sent the packet for downvoting as well as the exact time and date, including their IP.

• nope

• I thought your username said "I'mTouchingMyself" oh my lord..

ANYWAYS

I think it's good the way it is. I like how it's anonymous because it's just less drama and you don't have to worry about people getting mad at you

• naah it will be too much drama

• I think it's a bad idea. There's already enough drama around here. We don't need World War III.

• Me too. I always have a random pink downvote

same, though it's a constant single blue downvote. Even on posts that don't even qualify as an opinion. Like... what would lead someone to wish to dv me when all I posted was that my eyes are grey or I'm a brunette?

I don't get it.

Im actually nice. Anyone whos ever messaged me can agree

• I still say fuck em... I stand by my opinions... if they don't like it they can go suck it.

What Girls Said 8

• Every opinion and comment you have should be documented. I believe there should be no anonymous posting just like I believe their should be no anonymous voting.

Your every opinion should have your username behind it, including voting.

And if you disagree with my opinion, then I dare you to tell me why I am obligated to listen to someone that chooses not to be known? Why should I take your opinion seriously or another opinion seriously if they won't even own their own opinion?

Your username is as specific or general as you want it to be. You control your own privacy. If you want the right to post then you have the obligation to put your username behind it, including voting.

That is how I wish this site to be. Fingers crossed...:)

• Doesn't matter either way to me. Anyone is free to downvote me to their heart's content. It won't shake my confidence or change my mind. :) Give me 7,000,000 and I'll still keep this smile and stay firm by my opinion.

• I don't care if I know or not. It doesn't phase me

• no you can't. U just have to speculate...

• Sadly no ):

• Showing who downvotes you would cause so much drama on this website as many users do not want confrontations when they hit that button.

• pointless.