Do you tend to pay more attention to questions where the asker is bold enough to not go anonymous?

Especially if it's a somewhat sensitive or embarrassing situation that the asker is presenting?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• yes i do. especially since i know there is some level of accountability where as an anonymous user can say and do almost anything behind the shield of anonymity

What Girls Said 20

• I do not like anonymous posting and I am unsure of the benefit this site has with allowing it. If I had my way, I would not allow anonymous posting, everyone that posts would have to have a profile.

This does not mean people could not make a different profile for their more uncomfortable comments.

Though I must say, this is the internet so any profile you make is pretty much as anonymous as you want it to be.

But to your question, I try not to care if some is anonymous or not. I care more for their age and gender but I am suspicion of this information more from an anonymous poster than not so I suspect I may have a unrealized basis against anonymous posters than I thought I may have.

So yes, I probably do pay less attention to anonymous asker than a non-anonymous asker.

• Like the other girls said I answer questions by content.

Other than that I go Anonymous most of time
    Because 1.) The question is of a sexual nature and I respect my partners privacy 2.) I feel like I'm more likely to get bombarded with controversy if someone disagrees with me and wants to follow and argue all my responses/questions.
    3.) My question is not in need of privacy but my previous question was and thus my idenity could easily be revealed
    ~to sum up all the 3 I'm just a very private person with a tiny bit of paranoia thrown in.

LOL, to me and most people I think, you are a paranoid person with a tiny bit of privacy thrown in!

Do you mean to say most people and yourself think that I am a paranoid person?

Eh, i dont really care. Im just here to give and recieve advice. Why does anyone have to know who i am?

Why should my name, or history on gag have anything to do with how you respond to me? I feel like that can take away from recieving unbias answers.

Not to mention all my picture will get me is unwarrented dick pics. And I've seen enough idiocy on gag (i. e. shaming others, unproductive arguments) that i feel is less common anon.

Anon gives me the ability to feel like i can speak my mind. Maybe some people see that as pathetic, but its how i am.

• Not really. I choose which questions to ask depending how interesting they sound, if the person really sounds like they're in a vulnerable place, or if it's a unique situation. The content is my focus; who's asking it is an afterthought.

I don't get the whole obsession here with anonymity/lack of anonymity.

You'r pretty new... if you take a look you'll see most questions and many answers, even on the most innocuous questions, even about sports, are anonymous.

I find it hard to give advice to someone I know NOTHING about except MAYBE their age ( so many lie about that here).

I haven't had that experience at all. When I ask them to share some more about their situation, they tell me whatever it is I need to know to be helpful. Maybe they're unwilling to share about themselves because they feel like you're being nosey or trying too hard to read them vs actually helping them with their situation.

I don't care about what's on someone's profile or being nosey and peeking into someone's profile. I don't need to see someone's profile to help them out and help them find solutions.

Annoys want to stay anony and are reluctant to tell you much, in my experience. O course, as a woman, of course it's easier since girls will tend to open up to you more than to me, and guys will be at least as willing to share with you as with me, also!

• I do not care if the person is anonymous or wuth their username, but the question does matter. How it is formulated.
    But I have come across that when I post anonymous questions I get much less random opinions than when I post with my username... maybe there is something in it then 😊

• It Doesn't Matter, @martyfellow, Who does the Asking, as Long as it is Something, Bold or not What, Something that I can Easily Answer with my own Experience.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• i remember one time a user asked a very personal question on gag without hiding behind the veil of anonymity. It was really awkward. Some things are better anonymous.

• Eh, not really. I just answer if I think I can answer, though I guess it can be more surprising if someone attaches their username to something more bold or seemingly sensitive.

• I don't think so, but I'm definitely more wary of anons, that's for sure.
    It does get frustrating sometimes though when people go anon for no apparent reason, for example it could be a question like 'What's your favourite food,' and there will be anons who literally say something as boring as 'pineapple'. People can do what they want, but it beats me :/

• No honestly in my head what catches me are interesting topics, sex, break ups, cheating

• I just go down my feed and answer questions I might have some advice or an opinion on. I have never done anonymous on here, but I may have answered some anonymous questions. I don't really pay attention.

• Their anonymity has no bearing on my response.

• Yes, I don't see how I can help most people who don't tell me their background. No psychologist would try to help a patient who wouldn't say anything about himself.

• Idc as long as the question is good.

• I don't really notice this things honestly. I just respond what I think without care or notice if the users is annonymous or not. It doesn't matter to me.

• Not really I'll answer anything if I know how or can give some kind of answer.

• I don't mind because sometimes very bold question under identity may pose problem, as many guys immediately go for chatting and asking obscene queries.

• I can usually guess if it is anonymous under 18. I've become pretty good at it

• it doesn't bother me that much

• Yes, that's how one of the GAGers on here caught my attention and we become besties :-)

• Not particually

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, absolutely. I pretty much always prefer questions where I know the author.

• Nope.

• Its not about being bold most questions here are so personal and most people prefer to have their own privacy not to share their user name mean they want to mind their own stuff doesn't mean they are cowards

• It depends, if it seems like a completely stupid scenario/troll, less likely.

• it can sometimes backfire, its better to go anon i think.