Have you ever been thoroughly destroyed in an argument/debate on GAG?

Lower your pride and just answer truthfully

• Yes I have been
  • No I haven't been
  • I don't argue, I ignore or block straightaway

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in so many debates here, but most GaGers dont use good form or understand how to properly argue so I've ended up slacking many times over a lack of caring. It's GaG.

Me and Klara argued a few times and I'm sure I lost a few of those. She's great. There was also this anonymous religious apologist who came close to beating me, but thats because I never encountered his reasoning before. In the end it was a narrow victory.

What Girls Said 15

• Even the people that have had the floor wiped with themselves can't or won't admit it. Most of the time, they can't even see it.

As far as blocks go, I'm in the camp that sometimes I will block someone because I see how they're simply argumentative and can't be reasoned with... not because "they won".

Nobody ever "wins" here.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8a74e675fb.jpg

• No I don't believe that I ever have. I have had moments of: "We'll have to agree to disagree" because my mind is rarely changed and I never back down. And the only reason it ever came to that is because neither one of us were willing to back down from our stance. Lol.

I'd love to see somebody beat me though, put me in my place and prove me wrong. I'd admit defeat then, it's just yet to happen.

• Yes, but in Another way here, dear...
    However, I won though, didn't I? I am now Master of my Domain.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• No, I don't think so. I don't really care to debate or argue on here, but the discussions I have had have always been pretty respectful. We usually come to a compromise or understanding that both of us have made valid points.

• i dont think so. I come across many people who dig in their feet regardless of what logic is tossed their way. At that point I resort to name calling and then subsequent block. It's not mature I know, I'm working on it. 😊

• I don't think I've ever seriously argued with someone enough on here to have been 'destroyed' per se. If they make sound and rational arguments then I'll debate with them, however if they're a nutjob/troll/someone who can't form a coherent argument and are really pissed off at me for another reason, they get ignored. I don't bother with these sorts of people, it's a waste of time personally.

• I haven't been often, but I recognize at least one of the people answering as someone who blocks everyone she disagrees with because she can't use reason.

You should ask 'who always blocks people who DISAGREE with them '

. But yu probably would not get honest answers, either.

• Not really "destroyed" I've changed my mind due to being wrong before, but I'm not prideful enough to hold onto wrong opinions.

• I'm sure I have but I can't recall an exact moment right now... but quite sure I have been.

• No, i haven't.

• No, I haven't.

• Look at all these guys lying haha

• I don't argue, I ignore and sometimes block.

• Oh man. I did some math wrong talking stats the other day. It's embarrassing, but that's how you learn - being open to the idea that you make mistakes and have room to grow.

• I don't argue. I just ignore whoever tries to argue with me.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't think so. I mean, I haven't had many arguments in the first place though😅 I have a pretty unique perspective on basic principles and realities of life that often fly in the face of conventional wisdom and preemptively shoot down conventional rebuttals, and I think that confuses and frustrates people from most sides of any argument. It's like there's one side of an issue and then the other, but I often have a third perspective that walks the middle in some ways, but also makes both sides very uncomfortable, because they're all uncomfortable with my overall perspective of life. Some might even call me "crazy"
    http://i.makeagif.com/media/1-21-2015/rPgksC.gif
    But to me, it's just realism and pragmatism. People don't like thinking that we're all a dime a dozen on this planet, but that's the basis of my whole perspective, and I think many people find themselves unable to embrace, accept, or even entertain that, psychologically, because our society has made us humans lose sight of ourselves.

So I never walk away from anything feeling like I got destroyed, it's always just an agreement to disagree. Sometimes I just get tired of arguing and tap out though, haha, you can either see my perspective or you can't, it can't be taught.

• #REKT

Don't think I've ever argued properly on here. I tend to get along with the everyone but the extremists or mental cases. Those people are not worth arguing with because they have such far left field ideas that clearly do not apply in the real world.

• I don't really argue, per se. I won't really debate with someone unless they're going to be civil and reasonable, which a lot of the time, they're not.

• Not that I remember. The only times I could almost classify as such were when I simply jad nothing to add any more while they did.

• Not really. I mean I may have been wrong on a number of occasions, but usually the person I'm arguing against is usually straight up wrong or even if they are right, too stupid to form a cohesive thought and/or argument explaining how I'm wrong

• HAHAHHAHA, no.
    I've made people block me though.

• No, I haven't because I don't take this site seriously enough to get into an argument. I'm just basically here to kill time and talk to cool people. I avoid topics such as race, religion, and politics because those are hotbeds for an argument.

• I have never lost an argument or debate on here and can say that confidently. The people that follow me know it's true as well. If someone really proves me wrong and actually puts me in my place then I'll admittedly accept defeat.

• No, but I've thoroughly destroyed other people, some to the point of having the entire question deleted by the moderators. My whole life has been about winning. I simply like to win.

• Only against women. And thats because its impossible to win against someone who has no senses.

• Yes I mistakenly believed that Native Americans were descendants of Indians from India but in actual fact Mongoloid from South East Asia and the anonymous female further pointed out that Native Americans are only known as Native Americans due to Columbus believing he landed in India when he discovered the Americas.

I argued against her even after I researched what the anonymous user told me because I was embarrassed that she wiped the floor with me. She was really nice about it, not arrogant or smug. I like women like that.

• No, but it was fun giving the other user the thought that they won the argument.