How responses are displayed?

I have a question on how responses are displayed. I can't quite figure out the pattern. There seems to be a distinction from male vs female at least in the initial responses but not in replies to that response. But there seems to be no time logic as far as I can figure out in the overall reading of a thread.

I wish when I was reading a thread it would display in time order regardless of anything else. This way, I can read a thread like a conversation and I know for sure I have read everything at the time of my posting and I can read the most recent postings even if they are a response to an older posting.

But I can't seem to figure out how to read a thread in time order? Is it me? Am I doing something wrong? Or is it this site?

If it is this site and you have the ability to change the order of posts, I hope you consider changing the order to display in the order of when things are posted. I would really prefer that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• There's already a way to do that. On the blue/pink bar that shows how many girls or guys have responded, all the way to the right you should see a box that says "MHO%" and a down arrow. This is the default Opinion order. But If you click this box, you will see a drop-down with the options to display Opinions by Xper level or Time as well. If you click "Time" it will re-organize the opinions by time posted.

Awesome. Thanks so much xHoneyxBeex. Again, you make me know more about this site than I ever knew, so thank you.

Still I wonder, why isn't time the default? And what exactly is the default?

Hahaha! No wonder I could not figure out the pattern. I never would have guess how this site order things in a million years. lol!

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

PS: I did what you suggested for the time order. Sad to report, it does not work that well. The only time I get that MHO% box is when I have already posted a response, to be specific, since I can not seem to get that box on a reply to a post or even if I ask the question. I have to go and find a response and then I get the MHO box. Big hassle and defeats the purpose. I would like to read the thread in its entirety before I post and thereafter, I would like to read any new replies so when it is in time ordered this is easily done. That is my ultimate goal and wish this site was more conducive to that. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll take that into consideration. :)

• As usual, HoneyBee beats me to answer the question. :P She's super helpful, so I'm glad she was able to give you the help you wanted.