Why did you make an account on this site?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, back in May of last year when I joined, I was going through a rough patch of life. I was feeling pretty isolated and down about the world and it wasn't great to say the least. From that, I would occasionally spend my nights looking up ways to help myself out via online because I was kind of ashamed of seeking help from others. (In fairness, I had already sought after professional help that my university offered by this point, but all it did was confirm what I already knew. Didn't help one bit.)

I believe I was looking up a question to help me out, and then I stumbled across GAG in the searches. I made an account, if I recall correctly, firstly due to the popups that kept happening. I wanted to view the site content but I kept getting a "sign in" popup : .

I stayed though because I realized it was a question answer forum. I had been a former active yahoo answer member and enjoyed it, so I answered a couple questions on here. Besides liking the site format much better than Y! A, I found that helping others out on here actually translated to helping myself feel better. It also gave me moments to reflect on life and writing about stuff in turn helped sort out my own life, odd as it sounds. I also met people on here that I felt I could open up to.
    I found it easier to open up about my problems online on questions and to friendships made on here. This helped me figure things out.

Over a long, gradual process on the site, I realized that I was no longer feeling like crap and that I was feeling genuinely happy for the first time in awhile. Because of the benefit the site gave me, I stayed on and helped others... and that's how I'm here today. Weird stuff but true. GAG actually had a positive impact.

TL;DR; I stumbled upon it and liked question-answer forums, so I just started answering stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was curious to see how girls and guys see things differently (especially since I can relate to guys better in many ways)

What Guys Said 20

• When I would look up questions, sometimes one of the sites that would come up would be this one. Initially I thought little of it and visited it like I would any other forum site. Then one day I decided for some reason to make an account. Early on I didn't even really do anything, I mostly just read questions and answers. I didn't start posting opinions for a while, and it took me forever before I even asked a question. I don't know why I stayed honestly. I just couldn't bring myself to kill MusicLover. Even if only like 3 people on this site know him, I feel like he's become a distinct character from me. For better or worse, GAG is his home now.

• The website address popped up in a search algorithm. I was confused by the name since I was searching for "Available Online Stock Filters". Looked interesting so I started reading some of the questions and comments. Got to thinking, hey I been through hell and back before, perhaps I can actually help someone avoid a mishap that I learned from already. If I actually learn something in the process then thats just a big ol plus.

• Random spur of the moment thing, I was just on the internet I typed something into google and there GaG came up, went, created, never went back.

• Wanted to know if I hurt a girls feelings... Ended up fixing it myself

• 2|0
  • No fakin clue.. I usually just read posts about guy girl stuff as a teen.. And then one day i just tough i should join in so i can give opinions as well

• I wanted to ask some questions on my ex.

media.giphy.com/media/jUwpNzg9IcyrK/giphy.gif

• Had nothing to do in this boring summer holiday, I needed to find something which will help me to waste my time so I did it. Maybe I'll close it after few months :D

• Don't even remember.

• for my boredom

• Cuz of dem Muslim babez that keeps meh coming for more and more @elissadido if i has u, i will die on the cross for u 😬

• I wanted advice with my crush now I'm here 1 and a half years later 😂

• So I can girls ask guys

• Giving advice feels rewarding, also schadenfreude as far as the comments are concerned.

After deleting my old account I eventually came back, but this site is a lost cause now.

• I wanted to share my extensive knowledge of the female brain.

• I don't know lol.

• For relationship advice

• to masturbate

• I needed some answers from women and then I heard you earn points to get free stuff, how about that😊

I didn't even know about the free stuff till I was level 5 here lol

That is funny, I think I was at xper 2 when I realized it

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I made this account in April 2015 but I didn't use it until Late July because I was bored, I made it because i wanted to answer a question

• I needed some verbal activity to stimulate my mind on an 18 hour flight.

• I was obsessed with a topic, so I googled it and I found out this website.
    But I never thought I would stay here for so long.

• Came across it and wanted to share some input or hopefully give some helpful advice.

Also reading comments.

http://i.imgur.com/MrW5mUX.gif

• I made the account when I was 16 to ask a question re my book.

I didn't use it properly until I turned 17 or 18

• I like the fact that you can ask questions.

• Had a question about my boyfriend. Initially tried yahoo answers, then I remembered this site from looking at it a few years back.

• Love giving advice ^_^

• 15 year old me needed help with boy troubles and body issues. Then I kind of got stuck on here and have been on here on and off ever since.

• I don't even remember. 2012 was a long time ago. Most likely boy advice but I don't know.

• Google

• Seemed interesting, I was bored.

• I don't even remember how I found it tbh...

• I need help and opinions from people with different views. Plus, y'all make me feel better :)

• I wanted to get an Amazon giftcard

LOL I didn't know they gave out stuff until I reached level 5 here