Would you ever tell your SO you were on this site?

I was thinking about showing the guy I'm dating this site, but then realized i ask a lot of questions about relationships haha so it would kind of take away the purpose of the site.

• yes, if i was dating him for a longggg time
  • yes, even if i just started dating him
  • no way

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He knows.
    He's on here too.
    We first starting talking on here... Looool

Hahah I know I've seen you post that before. How did you guys find out you went to the same school?

That's great can I ask how long it took for you two to meet up, or were you in each other classes.

@19magic we started talking in May (we weren't at school) and then we met up in person in September when my schedule was free because I was in a sorority and sorority recruitment takes up the first few weekends of school.
      I totally wanted to meet up before, but with school and sorority stuff, I couldn't.

What Guys Said 14

• If I had a girlfriend, yes, I would tell her about it. I'd tell her about the articles I've written, the discussions I've had, and the goofy questions I've asked.

• She knows!

• i would and have. my wife checks out stuff out here sometimes. she thinks it's interesting, fun, funny, sometimes offensive what goes on

i think she'd join if it weren't for the posts that are often offensive

• I think it's fine to be open and honest with him about the site. I don't think you're doing anything wrong

haha nooo i wouldn't do it now that i started thinking about it. I ask too many questions on here about relationships

• No because it has questions and opinions which show my emotions towards my exes.

I woudnt want her seing this. Because she's my future and that was the past.

• yeah sure someday, if I don't consider her a 3 day fly girlfriend. With some girl I feel comfi talking about everything else aswell

• After a long period of dating

• I'll never have an SO so it's not something I have to think about.

• After some time, I would tell her... I don't do or ask wrong things out here so no need for secrets :D

• No way. lol

• Yes she is aware and uses the site too

• Everthing i ask and answer is anonymous. I like to keep it that way.

• Would you tell your SO about the random dick pics guy's send to you on this site?

• No way!!! Mane.. This site makes you post a lot personal stuff.

What Girls Said 22

• I can understand not wanting to show the guy you are dating or in a relationship with this site if you are the type of person that asks questions specific to your relationship. I can understand why that may be uncomfortable and why it does kind of defeat the purpose of being able to ask people what they thought before going to the person it is about. Sometimes we need a sounding board on things to see if it is just us overreacting or if something is wrong. And we want to keep that private. I totally get that.

However, I think it is great if someone we were dating or in a relationship with could read our opinions, replies and questions to things on this site. I do not know about you but I am clearer with my thoughts and opinions when I have to write them out as opposed to speaking. When I am speaking, you get a lot of dudes, you knows, and whatnots and then I think you should understand my point completely. lol! Of course, that is not how it works in life. I wish I could be as clear as when I have to write a response.

Having to write out my thought, it not only makes me be clear for the purpose of the reader, it helps me think clearer on an issue so it clarifies my thinking and that is an awesome thing and something our partners should have the benefit of knowing. If they could read what we thought on subjects... That is an awesome thing.

I met my boyfriend on a discussion board so I guess I am bias towards sharing the discussion board. In fact, it is my boyfriend that found this site and shared it with me.

But I completely understand in wanting to keep this place private to yourself. It should be a place you go to voice your insecurities so why wouldn't you want to keep it private?

If you are interested in sharing with your S/O and keeping some things private, then maybe you want to think about asking your specific questions anonymously. I am not a fan of anonymous posting and do not think this site should allow it but since they do, why not make your specific comments about your guy or your relationship anonymously? This way, he has the benefit of knowing your thoughts on things more clearly by reading your comments but you can keep specific questions about him private? Just a thought.

I enjoyed thinking about this. Thanks for posting your question. :)

• I have told my boyfriend that I use this site. I didn't show him my questions/opinions/account, though, seeing as how 99% of them are about things I do with him or how I feel about him (the good and the bad) so that'd be just straight up awkward to read it together. 😣

hahah exactly!!! but if he got an account he'd be able to read all of your previous questions

true I suppose. It's not like I post anything that's fabricated or that he doesn't already know by now, though. So... though of course it might be awkward to read a slightly dramatized version of your girlfriend's issues with you that I used to post once in a while, he got himself into that mess if he chooses to read it, y'know? Kind of like those posts you get on here once in a while when people snoop on their s/o and find out that they had been sexting/meeting with another individual behind their backs, minus the actual infidelity.

It's like... ok, yes, shitty. BUT. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

• I had told my Husband whom I still Have out in Egypt, about Gag, and He Immediately got Heated and Told me to Stay Off of this, thinking I was on with Other... Guys.
    I told him I was on as like a Doctor to Help others with problems, but Believe me, no Guy will Buy nor Bite.
    Good luck and Great question, @Puppylove94 xx

Thank you for the Like, hun. xx

One of the main Reasons, besides me not having Gone back to Egypt, is Why we are Estranged right now. xx

Social Media can sure Ruin a Relationship. xx

• NO WAY cus I wouldn't want them to go looking for my questions/answers.

I once told my best-friend I used to use Yahoo Answers (should have never done that) and she went looking for me and all my questions... she found some posts of when we had fights and I was asking for advice.. yah we got into a huge fight over that. NEVER AGAIN

That's exactly what I'd be worried about lol

yeah.. just keep that to yourself. My mom always said you can't tell boyfriend/husband everything, you need to keep some things to yourself. Only tell them what you want them to know. My mom was always really good at handling men and making them fall all over her feet lol, so I'd definitely take her advice ;)

• My boyfriend already knows I'm n this site and even made an account a while ago though he got bored.

• Agh, jeez, I dunno. Haha. I like having this site remain my own little space. :P

• My boyfriend has an account on this site. I have showed him, but he is not active. He got on to read the three My Takes I wrote and check it out a bit. He is not really interested in the site at all.

• Well my ex S. O knows that I am on this site. He created an account with me, but once we broke up he deactivated.

And it was fun actually to @ mention each other for a while

• I don't care at all.

^^ this. although my husband would probably be like "ok, where are the posts where you actually wrote bad shit about me?" 😂😂

My two older kids have seen the site on my computer, too... Lmao the one time my 8-year-old TOTALLY roasted this one dude that someone posted: (it's in my response to this_is_my_username)
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1938576-do-you-agree-with-this-alpha-male-s-internet-celebrity-s-view-on

I mean... if you post here enough, eventually people are gna be like "what's that site you're always on, that you're always closing the damn window when I come around?" LOL people aren't stupid.

• he wouldn't care

• No he doesn't need to know. Provided his jealousy attitude wouldn't be helping at all 😰

• I told the guy I'm seeing that I'm on a forum lol. He doesn't know what kind of forum (I'm also on a bodybuilding forum) haha.

Haha he didn't ask what it was about? How did it come up?

I was on my phone probably answering a question and he asked what I was doing. I told him the truth lol

• Yes I would

• Probably just to complain about annoying people

• She knows and thinks it's a funny weird site

• Yes why not

• yes I would. nothing to hide

you wouldn't ask relationship advice on here?

I'm single and I answered based on what I said on here so far. Maybe my opinion changes after some time but right now I would have no problem telling anybody about this site

ahh okay makes sense

• There isn't something shameful about being here?

Not harmful. But I ask relationship advice that I don't want him thinking I'm consulting random people about lol

1) what does the Salem which trials have to do with anything?

2) because when you ask a question you sometimes vent about your problems. It would just make him mad again

People should feel free to ask for any help pr advice. Often problems can only be solved with some help. If your boy friend gets mad because you asked for help, then maybe HE needs help!!

• yes i would.

• Yes!

• I am married and my hubby know it. Sometimes we share opinions and discuss.

• I did tell him so he already knows I'm on this site