Would you rather have HIV/AIDS or cancer? Why?

Personally, I'd rather have cancer.

• HIV/AIDS
  • Cancer

Most Helpful Guy

• Cancer. Im either going to beat it or die to it. And id rather take the risk of dying to cancer with the reward of clearing it then knowing id spend the rest of my life with a crippling disease like HIV that pretty much legally enforces you to be single. Haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the type of cancer and how soon it's been diagnosed and treated. Also, if you contract HIV, whether you're on ART treatment and maintaining a low viral load, or you haven't had treatment and it's progressed to AIDS.

I'd take early diagnosed papillary thyroid cancer (excellent prognosis) over an HIV infection, but I'd take an HIV infection over pancreatic cancer (very deadly), for example.

What Guys Said 5

• I guess cancer because with cancer you can actually get rid of it for good. I dont think your body can actually completely remove HIV. It just stays dormant

• Cancer, cause that's not always terminal. Also cancer isn't my own fault.

• They're the same

• Both not. may you good healthy.

• Cancer

What Girls Said 3

• Cancer.
    It can be natural, it can be curable, it can be quick and terminal.

With AIDS I would feel dirty, I would feel wrong. If I had AIDS I would probably commit suicide.

• I saw what cancer could do when my mom had it, rather have AIDS.

• Id rather have cancer. There's no cure for HIV but there is treatment for cancer. Cancer is not contagious like HIV is. I would hate to have HIV and put my partner at risk.