Why do you push the downvote button?

I've been getting down voted for the stupidest opinions and it's just annoying. people should have to explain themselves when they downvote something.

• Because I disagree with someone
  • Because I don't like them
  • To piss people off (congratulations by the way, it works)
  • All of the above
  • I don't press the downvote, or when I do I actually explain WHY I pressed it.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I only down-vote if:
    It's something excessive (men saying she deserved to be raped, as an example.

OR

To troll people & I announce I've down-voted them. =P

What Guys Said 24

• The reason why I downvote people is because I disagree with them. Often it is a strong disagree. If it's a minor disagreement, I tend to just move on and not care.

Why don't I comment something to explain why I downvoted and/or disagreed with them?
    It can be a big pain the butt when you have a person get all worked up and bring anything you say as a personal attack on them. Some people get way too triggered from disagreement and aren't looking for a discussion. Those are the kind of people who will rage PM you to say "why'd you downvote me?" It's not fun to deal with those people... Even more so if they're the kind to hold silly grudges.

Likewise, writing a comment and getting in a debate can be tiring. If I left a comment on the thread already, there's no point in me arguing my own stance when I already did it somewhere else. I'll downvote the person I disagreed with, write my own opinion, and save the trouble.

---
    I've been downvoted excessively before too, but I really figure there's no point to feeling bad about it. I mean, it's just a number, and people downvote for the silliest of reasons. Like I suspect people going on this thread won't read this far and will instead downvote my post anyway haha.
    Who knows, maybe you have some haters that love to downvote you? In any case, I wouldn't worry about it.

Agree with you at all points but add oné - when i downvote someone it is not only that I strongly disagree, but the person has shown a very stubborn or attacking or very rude approach with no signs of seeing things from the other perspective... So its rare

• Mostly I don't use the down vote button because it's not required actually. Downvote buttons are mostly used if someone disagrees with your opinion but doesn't want to comment on it or explain it. Hence it's a non-verbal way of expressing their disagreement.

• I don't know that I've ever down voted. Up voted, yes, but down voted I don't think so. I also don't recall ever getting a lot of down votes, which is odd now that I think about it. I've never been one to be scared of offending others and I do express some controversial views. Maybe I get the down votes and just don't notice. I suppose that's possible. I think I'm going to go back through my answers and check.

• I let a person know if I disagree with them on here. I really don't even use the downvote option even to comments I think are awful.

You shouldn't let it get to you though. It's mostly just an expressive form of passive-aggressiveness.

• People might have a differnt opinion instead. Opinions are only opinions. When you put out sound good judgement , those might not believe in good sound judgement . When you put out facts instead , those who down vote , then you know that just reinforces your correct facts.

• because i think they know their opinion is pretty unpopular and i just want to point that out, since there´s not much further explaination needed anyway.

• I have never down or upvoted it lol

• I downvote non lifting phaggots and femininst on sight.

• I only downvote you. But seriously i dont.

• I almost never press it unless its hatred.

• Because I have to get back at other people who did it to me revenge is sweet.

How do you know who down voted you?

@Miezko good question

@Miezko I don't know which is why I just dowvote a bunch of people eventually I am bound to get it right plus I will make a better assessment if the person responds in my comments by disagreeing with me.

• I don't have to explain anything. If I disagree with you, or if I just find you a hideously annoying person, I downvote. That's all there is to it.

• Reasons..
    I Disagree strongly
    the person is nasty, offensive
    the comment is sarcastic (mainly when girl bash a question asked by an insecure guy)... I hate those cunts... most are blocked;-)

• Because I disagree with an opinion. Doesn't mean I don't like them... That tends to take awhile.

• I down vote people who have a lot of upvotes in an attempt to balance both of them out.
    #justOCDthings

• You could just not care about it

• downvote me pls XD

• I don't use that shit

• Cuz I like to piss people off ;D

• I've notice that. Lol But usually you're spot on 👍👍

• If i dont like what u say..

• I didn't downvotes u so I don't know

• If I hate someone, I'll down vote them any time I see them.

What Girls Said 14

• I liked it better when it was gone, but ya might as well get used to not giving a fuck about down votes.

Down vote this.

media.giphy.com/media/5gUnOrltPvZzW/giphy.gif

• Its literally just a button.

Sometimes I get baffled as to why some of my opinions get downvoted, but I never get mad about it.

I usually don't either but lately I've been getting downvoted over the stupidest things. i hate that they don't explain themselves lol

You're a downvote magnet lmao. -12 again 😂

If you'd get butthurt over every downvote you would probably have died of an heart attack already

• I feel the same way. Just a few days ago, I was downvoted for saying something like great my take. Probably some low life cave dweller who is getting bored waiting for his mom to hurry up with those brownies.

• The whole point with the up votes and down votes is to show whether you agree or disagree with what the person said... it's not to be men or whatever.

Personally, I like being able to see by the ratio or ups to downs how aligned the general opinion is with my own.

would it change your opinion if you got mostly downvotes?

@Toad-1

Meh. Probably not.

I don't take it personally but I'd rather hear somebodies opinion. It's kind of like when people troll a poll. You want to see if people actually disagree or if they just don't like you

• I dont downvote people like ever. truly i can't be bothered why down vote someone with a differing opinion? Only narrow minded and weak people do that.
    I generally get aleast one pink downvote i know who that is too. Which is funny.

• img. picturequotes. com/2/40/39634/i-wasnt-trying-to-piss-you-off-it-was-just-a-happy-coincidence-quote-1. jpg

• i usually only downvote if i find someones comment like literally offensive or rude or something... even if i disagree i wouldn't downvote them, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. just bothers me when theyre ignorant or rude

• When I disagree

• Mostly it's prejudice people who would be embarrassed to say they don't like you because yu are striaght or something like that.

• I rarely ever press the downvote button. Only few times I did were because the comment was very offensive.

• I don't use the downvote feature.

• Because it's funny Lol jk I don't know I don't really down vote.

• I only downvote when someone is being cruel or obscene. I can accept a difference in opinion

• All of the above except to piss people off and I don't explain why I pressed it.