Can GaG get rid of the stupid messaging restrictions?

A LOT of people have it so you can't message them unless they follow you, and they don't even know they have this setting. It is unnecessarily annoying.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, GAG should never get rid of messaging restrictions. It's protecting me from getting unwanted messages.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is designed to stop girls getting unsolicited pervy messages from guys. They keep their profile private. An example was my sister. Within the first week of her being here, she was flooded with unwanted attention. Her profile now says something like "don't bother messaging me about love and sex. You won't get anywhere".

I should add that this isn't a dating site!

What Girls Said 1

• This is totally true. The default should be unrestricted!

What Guys Said 5

• No, I don't think all people have that restrictions. I think it's not something that GAG has set, if I am not wrong that restriction can be set via your profile. I mean you can set if you only want to receive messages from the people you follow and trust and not from everyone as such. Hence it's like a security, it gives them a sense of security.

it makes sense to me.

• Girls have been getting perved on for years on end on this site... I've seen and heard it all, bro.

U gotta build a rapport with gal users on question comments, before they decide to follow you.

• I'm sure all the women on GaG are happy about the current system.

• No one likes unsolicited dick pics.

• You can change it?