Do you believe all myTakes are written from a person's personal experience?

It seems as if people believe every time you write about a particular topic, that you are speaking from a personal stand point.
For example - If I write about women are promiscuous (some commenters will conclude i must be talking about myself).
For example - If I write about single mothers who do it all on their own (some commenters will conclude i am a single mom who baby's father left her).
For example - If I write about life in the ghettto
Commenters will assume I am from the ghetto.
Don't people know you can cover a topic that you take interest in, without it being about your personal life?
What do you think?
Do you think every myTake reflects someones life? or people can be writing for entertainment or to see different outlooks on a certain subject.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of nitpickers who will always criticise you without even a minuscule information about you. They call me misogynistic, fool, selfish, loser and what not based on the questions I ask. They even think that I "care too much" / "am sad about it" / "give a fuck". The fact they don't realise is that I am just testing their wisdom based on random questions. I'm not what I post here. Anyone can call oneself Spiderman and no one will believe, but call yourself a crude person and people will be ready to agree to that. This shows that how badly we are surrounded by inferior people.

Personally, I just say "I don't agree with you because..." etc. But I don't criticise people for what they are or pretending to be because quite honestly, it's foolishness to ridicule people you know nothing about and wasting your own time like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess for me, why write a take about say how hard single mothers have it, if you aren't a single mother?
    I get perhaps your friend is, and you're writing about them, but then it's like your friend is writing the take through you. We observe things and write about it sure, but at the same time, if I see a take about the hardships of motherhood, I assume you must be a mother. Because while I know motherhood is hard, I am not a mother so I won't even begin to try and talk about it.

So yeah I guess people assume if you're writing something, you must have first hand knowledge somehow. But no, it's not always the case and it doesn't mean you are wrong.

Those were just examples.
      Generally speaking, If someone looks at themselves as a writer they can cover a variety of topics even if they never been through it.
      The same goes for singers who have never been through heart break but find ways to capture peoples soul through the lyrics of their words.
      Someone that's educated about HIV or Herpes can write an article can't they?
      Even if they've never been diagnosed with the disease perhaps they have a lot of knowledge about it?
      Just because knowledge isn't first hand doesn't mean it's not useful at all.

Oh I know, I was just using your examples for my own ha.
      And true, you're right there. I didn't say people can't be knowledgable on something. But this a website for opinions, so most people take them that way, not so much as expert pieces of knowledge.

And considering HIV or herpes can be researched and studied, it has symptoms and treatments and things that are facts, vs say single mothers that is different for everyone for race, age, social status, location, personality and how well you handle it, why you're single etc etc. It seems more likely that if i read a take about "how to make a relationship last" I assume you have been in one and know those things work, if you're a single mother, you are one. And a lot of people do.

I don't expect that you are, I won't reply saying that I think you are one. But I will think you are.

What Guys Said 11

• Mine were, I wrote only two so far for different reasons.

The first one is about weight loss and I wrote it because I had answered too many questions about it during that week. Since I have a personal experience about it it wasn't difficult.

The second one is about rejection, the positive points of it. I wrote it almost two months ago in the same day I got rejected by a girl and stopped to think about what had happened. I just felt I had to write it.

I don't think that all people write it because of their personal experiences though. They can write it based on ideas, thoughts, ideologies and even theories they consider truth.

• absolutely not. Although it would be funny to think all the stupid bullshit takes and questions about that gorilla everybody doesn't care about and forgotten by now was from them being thrown in a zoo cage... I'd like to see how butthurt everyone would get when we all gang up on y'all and say y'all should've died and ostracize your parents for being negligent

Just to see how people would react 😂😂😂

• Stacyzee
    Some of your writing does seem like it could be real life experiences well others do seem like it's a point of view. But I have to say that with your writing style you could be a book author. Your my takes are always well written with good flow to them. The best thing about your writing is it's always entertaining, even if they are from personal experience or not

• I would say mostly it's yes. It could be 80% Yes and 20% No

• I do believe that my takes, generally speaking are written from a personal point of view and life experience. I wouldn't say that someone who writes a take about being promiscuous is, per se, but may be trying to gain insights and opinions on the issue.

• Yes I do. Because most of them are based on the author and we'll it's a my take on something. So you are talking about an expierence or something that happen or you witnessed.

• Generally, yes.

• Well, for the record, myTakes can be as creative as the writer wishes. ;)

• it depends on the topic and on the writing style

What if the person makes no mention of themselves? But is generally speaking.
      Why do people still conclude that the person is a certain way solely based on the fact that they wrote about the subject?

like I said, it depends on a couple of things.

If I write you an in-depth myTake about programming in assembler without mentioning myself even once then there are two possibilities:

1. I can program in assembler and have experience with it myself
      2. I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about and just copy pasted stuff from the internet without knowing if it's true or what it even means.

The second thing would be possible, but it would be a ton of work for pretty much nothing. So in that case I'd see nothing wrong with assuming that he has personal experience with programming in assembler.

Just to give you one example. Now, depending on the topic it might me more or less obvious if it's about the myTake writer or not. But if I'm not sure, then I won't talk to about it as if I'd know. I might ask but that's it.

Buuuuuuut... I don't read myTakes anyway. So, whatever lol

I might do a 10000 question analysis myTake in the next few weeks. Even if I don't mention myself... you can assume that I use gag lmao :P

• They all feels so real I believe they must be

• maybe

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the topic. If they have real life experiences, good observation skills or know others with personal experience, it very well may be possible. I can tell at times when someone is lying. But if they bring up good points, that's better than nothing. Heck. There were even things I heard of, but never knew. Then there are things I already know, but can agree/disagree with. And if there are things I personally know, right or wrong of the person who wrote the myTake -- I try to give suggestions or correct some things if I have the knowledge of it. Some are useful, others are not. Or just doesn't make since, maybe to start a fire they refuse to put out, who knows.

• I believe there's a personal component to them. There kind of has to be. I don't think that every one of them has to have a direct relation to the writer's personal life. Personally, most of mine do. On purpose. But I can also tell when a writer is writing a more generalized piece.

• I don't believe all myTakes are written from personal experiences. However, a good bit of them probably are mentioning their opinions at the very least.

• Some of them might not bed but who knows.

• Why do you let it bother you

• Of course they're not. Same with the questions.

• People can just be assholes. All my takes are from my life experiences but I make that pretty clear