Who agrees girlsaskguys should give the option to edit/delete your question?

You should at least be given the option to edit it, in my opinion. I posted a question with a lot of personal pictures in it, not fully warned at all that I wouldn't be able to change or take that back so now it's out there forever. It's a common problem that's scary, and unfair.

• Yes, we should be able to do those things
  • No, I like it the way it is
  • We should be able to edit it only
    Vote C
  • We should be able to delete it only
    Vote D
  • No, but we should be warned before it goes public
    Vote E

148

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally think you should do edits, but you only can edit your post in the first five minutes. And the moderators can see edit history.

• that's fair enough, silly mistakes are made all the time lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I think being able to edit a question would be cool, but there should be a character limit for how much you can delete/add. You shouldn't be able to edit the title. And only like 10 mins after the question was posted. This, to avoid people trolling others and changing the content randomly on their questions.
    But I understand why the system is like it is now. Gag doesn't want to lose site activity, and they also want you to think long and hard about the things you post. So be careful.
    If there are some pics you've regretted posting, you can possibly contact an admin and ask them to remove the pics or delete the question entirely.

• Yeah, I think Yahoo Answers or some site had something similar where you can only change or delete the question before there's been tons of answers and before it's been a while since posted in case people delete it after they got the answers they needed.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, there should be an option to delete your question. Not like we can't get it deleted Admins please.

We can just write some hate stuff in update section , like "keel all Jews" or "I hait blacks" and admins would be forced to take it down anyways.

Disclaimer : This post does not break any rules.

Annnnnnnnddd... No you shouldn't be given the option to edit the question because if the asker changes the question from "How old are you? " to "What's the distance between sun and the earth?" Then the opinions would make no sense for the reader.

• If the pictures were on a hosting site like flickr, just delete them from there. The link will be broken and no longer show the pics.

• I think that it should stay the way it is. People should have to live with what they say. It'll just turn into people changing their opinions to win arguments.

• At least edit it, yes I agree.

• It is not scary or unfair. It is made clear in the frequently asked questions.

• Not everyone out of the thousands who ask questions on the site go to the FAQ, which isn't even that easy to find, before their first post.

• This is why you always read the fine print.

• "not fully warned at all that I wouldn't be able to change or take that back"

Sorry, you were. If you didn't read it, that's not the websites problem

You have learned a valuable life lesson - read the small print before agreeing to things.

• Unlike other sites, this one doesn't fully warn you and instead you have to find out for yourself. Let me guess, you read the every line of the terms and conditions for every site you sign up for? How about they be a little more informative by actually putting it on the posting tab like decent sites do to avoid problems that many people clearly have. Can you even tell me when you were warned? Because I'm sure most people, judging by the amount of complaints, didn't know until after they posted for the first time that they couldn't change or remove it.

• Yeah, every site I sign up for, because I also learned that lesson (years and years ago now, and on a completely different website) but yeah, I do read the small print.

• most people don't, and the only place gag made it clear was the FAQ which isn't even clear to find or isn't read by people usually before they make their first post

What Girls Said 13

• You can delete your questions. See this link below on how to do so.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#61

• thank you, unfortunately I did choose the MHO in my example I was thinking about as soon as I could because it was before I was aware I could only delete it before that :( but thanks for letting us know

• No problem. You'll know for future reference. :)

• Delete it only because if you could edit it, you could edit out parts people commented about and have everyone looking crazy.

• F. People should read the site FAQs.

• Most people don't read the FAQs before doing any activity on a site, probably because they're unsure if they'll stick around yet.

• hope you have fun too ;)
      Even though I'm not sure how that should work without me telling you that you're wrong :P

• @Yumix we can both have fun because I think you're wrong too. And since we don't give any fucks what each other thinks... it's all good bro ✅

• I would like to edit. I use my phone most of the time and sometimes it changes my words. I don't realize it until later. Some sites I belong to allow at least moderators and admins to see what it was before. I'm sure they could do that here.

• Or, you could just not post personal pictures on sites like this, anyways, where you know full well that anybody can see them!

• It has a preview feature. I think that's good enough tbh

• You should have thought of that before you posted it.

• that's kind of the point of the post that many people have complained that they didn't know before their first question lol

• Well you should know not to post ANYTHING like that on the Internet ever.. Like that's a def no no

• If you don't want something on the internet don't post it on the internet.

• That should be an option

• I don't think it's unfair that we cannot edit or delete posts, seeing as the rules are pretty clear. However, I do think it would be beneficial.

• I agree! ✋

• I think we should be able to edit.

• I have been crying for this since I got here but no one lissens. They can do this app stuff but what about what the heck really matters? Gag should get their act together.

• edit, pleaseee