Why are people anonymous on GAG?

Why are people anonymous on GAG? Why does GAG allow people to post anonymously?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why have you chosen not to reveal in your profile your real name, or what you look like? To create some separation between who you are here and who you are in the rest of your life?

I expect that is also generally the driving force behind people choosing to tick the "Anonymous" box.

Most Helpful Girl

• They want to hide their username and not associate it with very personal things, opinions that might get a lot of hatred, or they just want to troll.

What Guys Said 16

• Even posting with a screen name doesn't mean much and can be anonymous. You can easily copy a picture from anywhere on the internet and put any name you want and it would still be anonymous whether GAG wanted it or not.

Do you really think that cats and dogs typed in the information on their Facebook accounts? lol Because there are some on there. It's all BS

• I don't know what the original intent was, but since I've been on G@G it seems so they can post an opinion that may be unpopular without repercussions.

• People would not join the site of the anonymous option would not be available. Its a perk of you will. Also they can do whatever the fuck they want to.

• Cause they are embarrassed of the questions (even if it's a normal one)
    Or for the trolls, they don't want to be known for their offensive posts

• No backbone and I don't give a fuck if they don't like my answer either.
    media.giphy.com/media/Zo9ACzmJgoqRy/giphy.gif

• You make a user name and can put a picture of anything as a profile pic. In this sense I'm anonymous without even selecting the option. But my profile pic is me.

• there anonymous because they don't want there name out their for someone to see. a background check on myself says i'm looking to have sex with a woman. l found out yesterday if my wife finds out i'm screwed , the net is all over but she'll never find out who she is. because everyone knows i can't remember things. l still have secrets no one knows and will go to the grave with me

• I dunno, it annoys me

• I don't know, but it annoys me as well

• aren't you anon as well?

• To avoid stalkers and bullies.

• Because they can

• Some things are just too embarrassing to admit, publicly (non-anonymously), but, they still want help, that's why they created the anonymous option.

However, for things like "what's your favorite color". I don't know why they still go anonymous

• I don't see anybody anonymous here.

• Because of stalkers

• ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

What Girls Said 12

• I am not sure. Maybe they don't want random people messaging them, if they don't know how to change their settings to not allow non following to message.

Or if they are a popular poster and it's a question that might be more embarrassing, maybe they don't want others to know.

Another thought is trolling; I see a lot of similar responses from certain anonymous age brackets, so it might be the same one spewing their nonsense.

• Sometimes I wish the option was taken away so we can block the people that ask the same questions over and over again every night. But then again I like it so I can post answers to questions about sex without the wolves hunting me down.

• they are... lurkers

• Because they want to be assholes and get away with it

• because of stalkers and trolls

• people go anonymous sometimes so that they can avoid getting hate

• Cuz they can

• Because answering certain questions could cause issues and the last thing I need is some butt hurt people messaging me to harass me.

• And why does it seem to bother some people so much?

Technically we're all here anonymously, but many people still do set up the settings to display their real age and location and others even post their own pictures.
      Apart from that, even if anonymously, you create a persona on here which, like in real life, you may not wish to 'stain the reputation' of when answering or asking certain questions.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand or even just accept.

• Because it falls under "freedom of expression"

• Because we are allowed to be anonymous. I'm doing to avoid stalkers.

*Doing it*

• Sorry, what GAG?