Do all posters like everyone's post?

It seems that the poster of a question just likes everyone's post on their topic. Is that just so everybody gets points or something?
I thought they would only like someone's post if they agreed with it or found it helpful.

• Asker likes everyone's post for points
  • Asker likes posts only if they agree/found it helpful

Most Helpful Girl

• If I ask a question, I only like peoples opinions if I genuinely find them helpful or I just like it. I dont go out of my way to like every opinion I get.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends upon the poster. I generally give a "like" as a kind of thanks for posting unless it's some nonsense. Others that you go out of your way to help in a long winded back and forth discussion won't even give a complimentary "like" to anyone.

It was just confusing to me. I only would want a like if they agreed with what I said. Otherwise, I don't know if I helped them or not.

Well generally I'll reply back in that case. But it's always better to get some opinions than none at all. Thats usually why i do it.

What Girls Said 2

• Really, it depends on on the question asker. I give everyone a like just for taking time out of their day to respond. Sure, it may not be much, but whatever. ;P

• I like people's post even if I don't necessarily agree with it, but if I ask a question like
    "what do u like to do for fun?" and someone says "Nothing" or "I don't like to do anything. I'm boring. haha" then I don't like their post because what's the point of them even answering the question? Lol

What Guys Said 2

• I will like and comment on any post except for those that are obvious trolls.

Poor trolls. lol

What if the troll made a funny comment though?

Standard troll response is simply to be as hurtful or disrespectful as possible for the sole purpose to elicit a response. Though that being said they are folks also and sometimes hit on a good point and make humorous points of perspective. In those cases I will engage into the conversation.