Do you care about users with fake profiles on G@G?

When I first got here, it bugged me a little bit. Shortly thereafter, I developed the WGAF attitude. It's not a dating site. We are all anonymous anyway, so why really give a crap?

There are users here with profile pictures that are fake. There are users here without profile pics that are real. And vice versa. There's nothing that I am personally willing to do here to "prove" to someone on G@G that I'm real. So if you think I'm not, that's cool. I don't send pics, nor do I ask for them. I'm not planning to meet you in person. Either you like what I write or you don't. I either find you interesting or I don't. I really don't care what you look like, or what your name is. That is not a relevant factor for me.

But I've heard from a few G@G members that seem to really be bugged by it. As I look in my inbox, I have several catfish in there, that I allow to go on thinking that I believe that they are who they're pretending to be. The only time I ever really say anything, is if they start to annoy me, or I see them trying to get nudes or send dick pics to some underage girl. Then I MIGHT say something, but probably not even then to be honest.

Do these folks bother you? If so, tell me why. Just curious.

• I give zero hoots
  • It bugs the poop out of me
  • I have a fake profile
  • See Results
1mo Only one PINK vote admitting to a fake profile?

Come on dudes... votes are anonymous!

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually I care more about people allowed to be anonymous, then troll to argue, waste time/efforts of those trying to help them... just to selfishly pass the time

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not into the fake profiles but it doesn't bother me to any degree. My profile is me and my pics are me. I'm not ashamed using my own pics or anyone finding me but I can respect that that's not something others want to do.

What Guys Said 28

• A face to a name makes interacting easier, especially if you're a regular user - in this instance i'd prefer if it was actually you, but i'm not going to think about it during my day if it isn't lol. Sometimes though catfishing is funny, when someone puts up pictures of celebrities asking for rates and people fall for it.

• I get fake photos, women especially are insecure, guys want to be mysterious.
    What I don't like is when people post fake questions and play on and on like it is real or if they are repetitive going over the same issue... but often times those are geniune... they are confused.

• It does not really bother me but I find it hilarious when they get exposed. Redeyemindtricks has done that quite a lot around here and it makes me laugh.

• It bothers me a lot. Not because I think people should have their profile be real, but because it gives people the license to troll to no end and the admin don't do shit about it

The second is because people eat that shit up. Even users who have been on this site for a hot minute. Take 90% of the "how do I look" section. It's spam to no end, yet people still talk to these people even despite users clearly proving that the person is using a fake pic of a Victoria's secret model

I call it the chicken boo effect or chicken boo syndrome. I think I used it on you a couple times 😂. Anyways, for those who don't know, either you had no childhood or you don't know what good comedy is. I would explain, but I'll just leave these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45bUOIK2cAo
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUO32EGdEpg&app=desktop

LOL. One of several reasons that I've never clicked on HDIL questions (unless someone reports one to the moderator team).

I don't go there either, typically. Especially now, but back when I didn't know better...

• Its a bit vexing but I dont really care. Even when I see questions that are blatantly made up I usually try answer them on the off chance that I am wrong or that someone else in that situation were to read it and find value in my answer.

Regarding trying to get to know people on GaG I rather stay anonymous so it works out well for me.

• Trolls, who I assume use fake profiles, bother me because they are using us for their own sick gratification and I don't like being used. However, I also know that I have a tremendous life outside of G@G and they probably do not so sometimes I just think that they are pathetic like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

https://youtu.be/zKhEw7nD9C4

Hahahaha is just a flesh wound.

Just because we troll, it doesn't mean we are FAKE >.< some of us troll to resuscitate sad people who lost faith in the humanity. We make them laugh and make them realise that above every turmoil, there's sanguinity. We are REAL superheroes.
      Excuse me, sir, but please be cautious while insulting an internet community

Regards,
      A random troll on the intrernet

• I don't put up a picture to protect my privacy. I feel it's ok people don't put a picture on here. Usually it's seems people stay true to their age/sex and you see a few posts and understand the posters personality.

Where as others on here I swear are guys acting as girls who are just a waste of time. Those are the ones that bother me and offer no insight.

• I love it when they ask you all these things, and expect to see all these things..

And when it comes back to them sending a pic its fake haha
    I laugh and its funny to confront them.

If you have nothing better to do then be "fake" you live a sad life

• Can't give a second thought to it. I don't care if male is female and vice versa. I don't care if age is 19 or 99. I take every question at face value. ... and answer as I think fit.

As you know, I still can't tell a troll from coffee! LOL!

I've just had a lovely mug of trolls...

• Nah, it doesn't bother me since this isn't a dating site like you said. Is it nice to put a name to a face? Sure, but it's not essential since a person with a dog avatar can easily give a better opinion than someone with an actual picture of themselves :)

• I tried to on another site and it was to strange for me. I don't like liars nor do I lie. So after 3 or 4 days I shut it down. I felt like a dirt bag

• Aren't we all who were pretending to be anyway? Scrape away the profiles and the Internet, is anyone really real? Aren't we all just putting on a show for the people around us? How many times when you're alone does what your head screams match what you show the people in your life?

• Not at all. I have other things to worry about it. I let them live their life and I live my life. It's amazing that there are people that are bother by this. Grow up people

• no the Internet isn't real anyway it's full of fake fuckwits

• I give zero hoots.

• I'm fake, doesn't bother me, it's k.

• I don't give them importance.

• Not all, but some.

I don't care in the slightest about pics being avatars, famous people etc as long as the poster isn't trying to pass themselves off as actually being that person.

The ones who get my goat are the ones who try to make out that they lead weird, promiscuous lives, and attempting to normalise this.

Why?

I get that, but my question is why let it get your goat? How does it effect your life?

• In real life, I am not a Chinese broadsword.

• Doesn't bother me but it helps to know how the person looks if you're talking to them.

• There are a few that really bug me. Because why use someone elses identity? The whole thing is fucking weird.

• Fake profiles or stolen identities?

First one, like people that use a picture or an orange pic, lol, are no less than the others.

• I can't take any of their opinions seriously if they have a fake profile.

• Hardly on here to do all that shit lol

• It bugs me because they are blatantly lying. Many are attention fishers and other spammers.

• i m not fake i m real turkish man and i m alone i wanna find a friend here

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 19

• It bugs me a little but I think I'm mostly oblivious largely because I don't care enough to get overly worked up about it. I'm not going to send nude pics, I already have a boyfriend and I'm not really into sexting with strangers. I actually get more bugged about people faking their age. I like to give good advice to those seeking it but I would give different info to a 16yo than I would a 28yo. like Cheergirl said, were all anon anyway, if you really want help, why pretend. It's like going to a therapist and lying about every aspect of your life or going to college under an assumed name. What's the point of wasting yours and mine and everybody's time?

• It doesn't bother me in the slightest. If people want to maintain total anonymity that is absolutely their prerogative. If they want to pretend to be somebody they're not, it's easy enough to see through so it doesn't inflict anything on me. People are able to do whatever they please.

I have my real pics up because I don't really mind people knowing what I look like - a face to go with what I have to say, but it's not for everybody.

• My picture is fake, my name is fake, my birthday is fake but my advice is real. Take it or leave it, I don't care

• I don't care when people use another persons picture as their profile picture. I start caring when when people use another person's profile picture and then say "oh that's totally me and I'm a model and I make hundreds of thousands of dollars and travel all over and date men 40 years older than me"

I start getting annoyed when people use someone else's picture to pretend to be the opposite gender just so they can perpetuate their own fucked up ideas like "this guy is only two inches taller than me. How can he think I'd date him?" Or "I'm a bi girl. How can I get my boyfriend to let me cheat?"

But the ones who piss me off the most are the ones who pretend to be underage girls and then ask really explicit sexual questions and/or lure people into sexting with them.

And, as usual, the admins don't do shit about any of the profiles.

• As long as they don't screw with me too much I don't give a crap.

• No kidding there's way too many
    s2.favim.com/.../...aty-perry-Favim.com-238349.gif
    Here!
    But I don't really give a crap 😛

• I don't care really.

Its not you in the picture is it? If you do you look surprisingly a lot like an anime character.

• I don't really care too much as long as they leave me alone, hah.

• It doesn't bother me. I'm a catfish after all. It is nice to put faces to personalities, but I understand that some people would rather not.

• It only bothers me if they are using fake pictures of someone else and pretend to be that person, just to insult others or flirt around.

• I could care less, there is fake profiles all over social nowadays people are just numb to it

• I just ignore them :)

Some people were even stupid enough to use pics of famous models and claimed to be them XD

• Lol not really. But if they were trying to catfish people then it would be a problem.

• That picture 😂

• I give zero hoots.

• Nahh

• No lol as long as they don't annoy me , NO!

• Who gives a fuck! This is an opinion based site, not okcupid or whatever.

1 private opinion(s)